Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   2007 Ford Mustang Cobra (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/197669-2007-ford-mustang-cobra.html)

Jrfish007 02-15-2005 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 04RedCiVP
I personally love it! Looks similar to the classic gt500. Im a huge fan of the 60's muscle cars so I can appreciate the looks of this car!

I am also a fan of the 60's and 70's musclecar era. Above my bed is a poster of the 67 shelby GT500. And while the head lights like the same, I think the grill looks different along with the rest of the body. Infact other than the headlights I don't think it looks anything like an older musclecar. Muscle car where never about being curvy and having ground effects like that thing is, but that's just my opinion.

And $40,000 sounds much better, probably $45G for the convertible that will probably come out a few years after that.

R3DL1N3 02-15-2005 08:58 PM

looks good, have yall seen the 2005 Saleens?

TBA 02-15-2005 09:08 PM

i like it...

Black03civic 02-15-2005 09:14 PM

:tup: from a die hard gm guy, that owns a 2002 M/T WS6 trans-am.

mrchowmein 02-15-2005 11:02 PM

all they need to do is get rid of those black plastic mirrors

hotrodcivic2004 02-15-2005 11:35 PM

thats the only thing i think ford has done right, is the retro style mustang. i really like it. it reminds me of my dream car......67 mustang....yum.

socalcivic02 02-15-2005 11:37 PM

this is such a better car than the vette

spyder2333 02-16-2005 07:20 AM

WOW that shyt is hottt......too bad it will prob drive like shyt like all other mustangs...

Jrfish007 02-16-2005 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by socalcivic02
this is such a better car than the vette

I don't know about that. I admit the specs are impressive, but I will wait and see how the handling goes. Besides I think the vette is so much more sexy than this, but that's just me.

scatman 02-16-2005 07:30 AM

that looks pretty hot, but i still hate ford and mustangs. id rather buy a camaro ss anyday

spyder2333 02-16-2005 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
I don't know about that. I admit the specs are impressive, but I will wait and see how the handling goes. Besides I think the vette is so much more sexy than this, but that's just me.

No doubt the corvette is definitly sexier than this. 2005 c6 = :_bow:

K20A_Wanabe 02-16-2005 08:25 AM

Looks mean but i don't like the way SVT does shit. All they really do is put a supercharger and badge on a car and call it's a SVT and sell it. Make some N/A power like corvette z06 and leave the FI to the tunners. This is all my opinion though. People that normaly drive mustangs/cobras are usualy stuck up and think there all bad ass. Their car might be fast but not bad ass looking :) (except for the 07 :))

Voiceofid 02-16-2005 08:27 AM

actually.. the next mustang is not a svt....

according to the march motortrend (pg 18) the new mustang is the shelby mustang cobra.
http://img182.exs.cx/img182/243/shel...ngcobra8lu.jpg

after that page...
"...capable of handling higher torque loadings, but stiffened the entire rear body structure and the added much stiffer sill panels along each side.

on paper, at least, the performance of the sheby mustang cobra is expected to be electric: the 0-to-60-mph time could dip below the magic 4.0 second mark, with a standing quarter mile in the low 12s or even high 11s.

under the hood the gt's supercharged aluminum 5.4-liter v8, with the full 550 horsepower on tap

weight a gt weights 3468 pounds; a mustang gt 3520 with the aluminum-block engine, the shelby mustang covra won't weight that much more. performance target is the new 500-horsepower, 7.0-liter corvette zo6 (a lighter car), and the dodge viper srt-10.

out back a stiffened, toughended version on the gt's live azle with coil springs and an anti-roll bar"

boombazokajoe91 02-16-2005 08:58 AM

thats a nice car ..

Echelon04 02-16-2005 09:01 AM

Put that thing against an EVO on a curvy road. That mustang would gets its ass handed to it.... I pee on mustangs like R Kelly. :flush:

cambo 02-16-2005 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Echelon04
Put that thing against an EVO on a curvy road. That mustang would gets its ass handed to it.... I pee on mustangs like R Kelly. :flush:

well duh. They're two different market cars.

Pharoh 02-16-2005 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by cambo
And yet, you guys will still say ford is crappy.

Ford IS crappy.

Doesn't mean it's not a good car while it's new. It'll drop dead and explode or flip over like all their other stuff.

_Viper_ 02-16-2005 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Ford IS crappy.

Doesn't mean it's not a good car while it's new. It'll drop dead and explode or flip over like all their other stuff.

im getting a 76 pinto very soon I just loved those cars

SlammedBlueEM2 02-16-2005 03:21 PM

What? No spinners? No bling-bling? Weak.

NoFriends 02-16-2005 04:21 PM

Looks like the 06 Mustang in NFSU2 I built.

http://mesolazy.com/forums/06stang.jpg

Alphax 02-16-2005 04:36 PM

Sign me up that is awesome

Metallica454 02-16-2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Ford IS crappy.

I hate these dumb, stereotypical hater remarks.My best friend just bought a 2000 Explorer with 96,000 miles. The truck has 0 rattles vs my 3, is mechanically perfect, mine with a bad clutch at 35K, and is still going strong. Much like my 94 Ranger b4 my Vic. 88K with no problems. NOT ONE. Belive it or not no rattles either. I'm not a biased person, I stuff from all makes. People need to just get off the brand kick. Look at a car for what it is, not by the nameplate. I new someone who bought a Passport thinking it would last because it said Honda on it. Well, his Isuzu designed car crapped out shortly after he bought it. Just dont get hung up on brand names. Its rediculous.

Michalo187 02-16-2005 05:19 PM

That mustang is dam nice!

PennyKnotOff 02-16-2005 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Metallica454
I hate these dumb, stereotypical hater remarks.My best friend just bought a 2000 Explorer with 96,000 miles. The truck has 0 rattles vs my 3, is mechanically perfect, mine with a bad clutch at 35K, and is still going strong. Much like my 94 Ranger b4 my Vic. 88K with no problems. NOT ONE. Belive it or not no rattles either. I'm not a biased person, I stuff from all makes. People need to just get off the brand kick. Look at a car for what it is, not by the nameplate. I new someone who bought a Passport thinking it would last because it said Honda on it. Well, his Isuzu designed car crapped out shortly after he bought it. Just dont get hung up on brand names. Its rediculous.

Very well said :tup: I think it looks great, if i could afford to i'd buy one in a heart beat.

Jrfish007 02-16-2005 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Metallica454

Actually I was basing my hate marks becasue of the 30+ year old fox design they are still using. And While you have had good Fords, I know plenty of people that have to replace 3 plus tranny in thier expolres before 50k. I had a lady talking her cell phone run off the road in front of my house. The ditch isn't that big, her Exploder rolled over and killed her. Just take a look at the the Exploder versus say a Durango for wheel width. They have very small axels for as high as they sit :nono: this is just one example of poor Engineering by Ford, I can give a few more, but I don't think I need to. My Honda may rattle a little more going down the road, but I have never had a Honda die on me anywhere and considering how many accident I was in when I was young, I would say along with many insuance agiencies that the Honda is safer.

Not really directing this at you, but just a good story, the first time it snowed really hard here in Ohio, a guy with an '03 Accord got ran up a snow mound on the side of a bridge (ice I think). Another car hit from behind luanching him off the bridge, his car went fling down 40 feet on to high way below. It was then hit broad side from a semi and flipped 6 times. The guy walked away from the accident!!! Went and bought another Accord the next day. Police said he would have been dead in any other car. Cops have told me that too, infact they told me that they Have seen Hondas save many people that have been killed in the same type of accident.

PennyKnotOff 02-16-2005 07:53 PM

i'd still buy the mustang....

angelswin 02-16-2005 08:09 PM

I have a question for all the people hating on this car because they say it isn't fast enough or it doesn't handle well?Have you ever driven any Mustang?Since the day they were built the handling has been questionable,as for speed,how many people who buy them are going to use them to race or drag with them.I haven't drove one yet but I've seen them up close and It fulfills its purpose as an everyday driver.I think the kind of people hating on these cars are the same idiots trying to turn a Civic into a race car.Just so you know I am for foreign or domestics.

K20A_Wanabe 02-16-2005 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Actually I was basing my hate marks becasue of the 30+ year old fox design they are still using. And While you have had good Fords, I know plenty of people that have to replace 3 plus tranny in thier expolres before 50k. I had a lady talking her cell phone run off the road in front of my house. The ditch isn't that big, her Exploder rolled over and killed her. Just take a look at the the Exploder versus say a Durango for wheel width. They have very small axels for as high as they sit :nono: this is just one example of poor Engineering by Ford, I can give a few more, but I don't think I need to. My Honda may rattle a little more going down the road, but I have never had a Honda die on me anywhere and considering how many accident I was in when I was young, I would say along with many insuance agiencies that the Honda is safer.

Not really directing this at you, but just a good story, the first time it snowed really hard here in Ohio, a guy with an '03 Accord got ran up a snow mound on the side of a bridge (ice I think). Another car hit from behind luanching him off the bridge, his car went fling down 40 feet on to high way below. It was then hit broad side from a semi and flipped 6 times. The guy walked away from the accident!!! Went and bought another Accord the next day. Police said he would have been dead in any other car. Cops have told me that too, infact they told me that they Have seen Hondas save many people that have been killed in the same type of accident.

I can second that safety i was going 130 MPH on the highway being stupid and so stupid durango cut infront of me and i swearved and hit a cadalic. Walked away with out a scratch. When i tell people how fast i was going they said i was lucky that i didn't die and i said no i wasn't because i'm in an actually safe car. I would consider buying a mustang if they were safe and i don't think their bad cars. My priority is safety before speed and thankfully i picked safety too. My friend has a golf and i don't go in it often because golf is the most unsafe car out their. And i can say i rode in a mustang it was like a 98 and i can tell you i don't see whats so impressive about them.

PennyKnotOff 02-16-2005 08:29 PM

I own a 67' mustang and i love it. Great car but hard on gas. I've driven an 05' Mustang GT and it feels great. Mustangs have a very clean look IMO. It my not be everyone's cup of tea but to each his own.

K20A_Wanabe 02-16-2005 08:35 PM

Yeah i was looking at geting a 1967 ford mustang fastback manual when i was looking at cars before my civic. So this is the first car i was going to get and i didn't have opinions on cars or brands. He test drove it for me and it was ok wasn't the worlds best. Once we got to the gas station he filled up and he goes to start it. and guess what it won't start and he started to hit his engine or something i wasn't paying attention but it then started. THen my friends explorer awd went out and his stearing kept on poping and he finally fixed that after taking it to ford like 100 times.