Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

awd? fwr? or rwd?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i_SiG_Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
awd? fwr? or rwd?

which ones is best ? what do u guys think?
which one is for my ride? (civic 03' ex coupe)
Old 10-08-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
the best at what?

Each one has its advantages and disadvantages,

Fwd is cheep to build, and is safe for the average driver on the street.
RWD is good for putting a lot of power and torque down, but can have controll issues when its slipery out.
AWD is great when its dry or wet, but has a lot more power loss through the drivetrain. and if not properly tuned can have all the bad habbits of both RWD and FWD.

and your civic if FWD.
Old 10-08-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
good explanation.
Old 10-09-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
what?my civic came rwd and with a 5.7 ls1 you mean to tell me mine is differant ?
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sadboy916
what?my civic came rwd and with a 5.7 ls1 you mean to tell me mine is differant ?
No...Mine came with that exact setup. It must be the Factory Performance kit stage 2

On a side note..I think right wheel drive is the best. My right front and right rear tires handle all my power..I can take a left like no other
Old 10-09-2003
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
What's "fwr"?

Anyways...
1) RWD is great but our cars don't even put out enough power/torque to necessate doing a RWD conversion... waste of money.
2) AWD would be totally stupid. On a typical FWD car, the horsepower loss from the fly to the wheels is generally around 11%-15%. On an AWD equipped vehicle you can loose anywhere upto 25% hp from the fly to the wheels. That means an EX would only put 101hp to the wheels... My Yamaha R6 put more power to the wheels then that.

Save yourself the trouble and money and stick with the current FWD setup. With the money you just saved, spend it on a turbo or engine swap. From there if you need to put the power to the wheels, invest in an LSD, stronger clutch, and grippy tires.
Old 10-09-2003
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
i got NWD, its a special performance kit from honda