Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Jack points

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vincejm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jack points

I'm replacing my exhaust on my 01 civic ex but could not find anything in the manual about what points on the car are the frame support points. I need to support the car on jack stands and would need to know the appropriate support points. Anyone know where these jack points are?
Old 09-13-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
I would take pics ri now but i don't have a camera !!! But on your 2 front wheels look behind the tire and your gonna see a little piece sticking out further from the frame of the car!!! it's kinda like wear you would put mud flaps on a car !!! it;'s kinda like at the edge of wear your doors open up!!! I mean the damm piece sticks out!!

There's a spot in the rear where you can jack up both tires without jacking up on at a time but i prolly wouldn't explain it correct for you to find it !!! But hope that helps!! Sorry i couldn't take pics though!! donb't have my cam!!
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

Yukonart will become famous soon enough
Look under the car on the sides. . . . just in front of the rear wheels you'll see a part of the frame rail that has two notches in it . . . jack between those notches.

However, if you need to support with jack stands, that's where you want the stands. SOOOO. . . use the tow hook fore and aft for jacking, and the jack points on the sides to put the stands under.

You can also jack from between the rear control arms (IF you don't have a lower rear tiebar installed, that is)

Be VERY careful in the front. DO NOT jack up the front using the radiator support bracket or your hood will have hella gap when you close it.

Instead, there is a fore frame support bracket further back that is okay to jack from.
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Yukonart
...there is a fore frame support bracket further back that is okay to jack from.
If you look at the black plastic cover under and behind the bumper, you will see there is an arrow on it pointing right at the forward jack point. Keep in mind that if your car is lowered too much, you might have a hard time putting your jack under this. If this happens, just drive your car up on blocks of wood so the jack point gets elevated.

As for jackstands, maybe this picture can help a little bit.
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
hey guys I just really want to know where the appropriate jack point is for the front of the car is also.

Here is a pic just took of my passanger side under the car right behind the front wheel (you can see the splash gaurd).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jackpoint.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	9199  
Old 09-13-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
if you can just please tell me the best you can. And I'm sure Yukon's explanation was perfect, but it's pretty confusing to the average driver.

Please take my pic and draw on it and upload it a pic that tells us where the jack should be touching. I don't want my hood to become "hella gapped when I close it". I want to see if i've been doing it in the right place.

holy crap my underbody is dirty. I better clean that up before the snow comes.

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 09-13-2003 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2003
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Unibody Jack Point - Front (one on each side)

Engine Subframe Jack Point (square pad on the forwardmost part of the subframe)
Study this pic:

Last edited by InanimateCarbonRod; 09-14-2003 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-14-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
why does it look all grimey like that under your car? clean that **** hahaha!!
Old 09-14-2003
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
In the front of the car underneath in the middle, about 2 feet in, you will see arrows pointing at a metal rectangular bulge. It should be black. You can use that bulge as a jack point. Since this point is in the middle and front of the car, both your front tires should go up, and you can put jack stands at those points in the picture they posted.
Old 09-14-2003
Registered!!

THANKS CARBON ROD!!!

Now I can rest assured that I have been lifting the front of my car in the correct place. I was affraid that that square thing might have been what Yukon was talking about, the radiator support.