Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Some TYC Projector Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Player1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Some TYC Projector Questions...

1. My TYCs only had H1s for high and low beam... I've read that a lot of people have said they used H3s as well. Are there different "versions" of the projectors?

2. Also, there are holes in the chrome deflector part. I don't mind that but on both headlights, they're both on the left side... Does anyone have lights that are symmetrical?

3. Has anyone opened up their TYCs? I want to ask someone with experience because I've got a little paint chip inside my projectors I want fixed.
Old 07-05-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
1. h3 are used by people with matrix projectors
2. no, both of my holes are toward the passengerside, they are identical copies. i never found out what they were used for, but i think i got a clue, my friend's vw golf have the same holes on his deflector, and there is a little bulb there, he said it's day time running lights....
3. i assume it's the same way to take apart as the regular ones, but i don't want to really try it.

sorry i wasn't able to reply, i overfilled my pm last night, by people talking to me on pm!
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

Player1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't worry about it. I got the message, right? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I like the fact it uses only H1s (besides the turn/parking lights). Makes it easier to shop for bulbs.

As for the holes, mine face the passengers side as well. Sorry, "left" might be a little relative depending on if you're looking at the car or inside it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I want to try opening it but I don't want to mess anything else up. I bought it off of eBay as well so asking for an exchange is nuts considering I've got to send it across the border (I'm in Canada). I think maybe I'll look around locally for a place that sells TYCs and buy them and return the faulty and get a refund. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] And if they only do exchanges, I could always try selling the extra "good" set.