General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Uncomfortable LX Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaHoov is an unknown quantity at this point
Uncomfortable LX Seats

I just got an 05 LX three weeks ago. The test drive went great, I bought it, got a great deal, drove home. Now I'm finding out that I can't find a comfortable position in the bucket seat. Anybody else have this problem? It think its just too damned hard or I just have a skinny butt.

Does Honda have a better grade bucket that will fit in this car?
Old 01-13-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
hmm, I'm wondering why you aren't comfortable...

Unfortunately, no, if you want new seats you'll have to go to the aftermarket scene.
Old 01-13-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I am comfortable, and I have a skinny *** as well. I put my seat way back though, cuz Im straight gangsta y'o. j/p My skinny *** is comfy though.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
im comfy
Old 01-13-2005
Banned

Ramones is an unknown quantity at this point
let the seats break in...i find my drivers seat is comfortable now, but my passenger seat is kind of uncomfortable.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ramones
let the seats break in...i find my drivers seat is comfortable now, but my passenger seat is kind of uncomfortable.
I feel the same way! No matter how I sit in the passengers seat, I can't get comfortable. My drivers seat, however, feels really nice.
Old 01-13-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my 02 stock bucket seat... better than my friend's jetta's
but if i have the money, i'd install the racing bucket seats
Old 01-13-2005
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
im very comfy
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
i have mine in a perfect position. perfect distance back, and perfect angle of the back, and damn am i comfortable lol. ur crazy if u cant find a comfortable position man
Old 01-13-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
im always comfy in my seat (drivers seat) and the girlfriend loves how comfy her seat is (passanger seat).
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

mattnyc is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2004 ex sedan. I would like more thigh support and lumbar. i am thinking about 1st getting a $50 memory foam lumbar support cushion. Would the 2004 Accord bucket with lumbar fit?
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i have a 04 ex coupe and the seats sux. Even when they do break in they suck donkey Nu*s. I rode in the stock seats for 25k on my car. I always left my car with lower back pain. My butt stopped hurting when i spent $20 to buy myself a leather seat cushion. The cushion just gave me a glipse of how much more comfortable leather is to cloth. The other thing i hated about the cloth seats, is the fact your body would slide around in the seat when you made hard turns. That got really annoying.

My suggestion is upgrade to rsx leather seats. This will be one of the best and most noticable mods you'll ever do for your car. The seat hugs your kiddnies, perfect lumbar support and good thigh support. I dont slide around anymore on those hard turns, the seat just hugs me on every turn. Then again i think it also depends on your height too. I'm 5'8'' and there perfect for me, same with my friends whose 5'10''. My sister hates them and she's 5'4'' and she wants the stock seats back.

If you drive on trips thats longer then 30min, they i would suggest the rsx seats. There good for when your stuck in traffic for an hr, like me. The rsx seats aren't too hard to install either, if you have a dremel its takes no time at all. If you dont have a dramel, you can only get 3 out of the 4 botls to fit, but 3 out of 4 is good enough for me.
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

mattnyc is an unknown quantity at this point
I was checking these out from another person's post. 2 stage heated leather sports seats, pair, for $847. www.arizenracingsports.com

I might get those in the spring/summer.
Old 01-14-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I have corbeau A4 seats very good with lots of support. My back never hurts anymore on long trips.
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
my backseat is comfy...haha as is my driver and passenger seat.
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

02ciVike is an unknown quantity at this point
I am comfy too. Who cares though this are is not about comfort. Sometime less comfortable is better because it prevents you 'relaxing' too much which is a bad thing while driving.
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
My evoVII GT-A bucket seats are sooo comfortable for stock, but eventually everybody goes aftermarket.
Old 01-14-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i have an 04 lx coupe and all the seats are comfy but i've been in my friends sedan 04 lx and the front seats are...eh...well....lets just say putting in 5 gallon buckets would be more comfortable
Old 01-14-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DaHoov
I just got an 05 LX three weeks ago. The test drive went great, I bought it, got a great deal, drove home. Now I'm finding out that I can't find a comfortable position in the bucket seat. Anybody else have this problem? It think its just too damned hard or I just have a skinny butt.

Does Honda have a better grade bucket that will fit in this car?
Bucket seats?!?!?! lol.

get some SI seats, i drove 9 hrs in my SI seats and damn its comfortable!!