Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Illegal Green Parking lights?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bradfordtheguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Illegal Green Parking lights?!?

Okay, i had just got off of work at 11pm on a friday night, and i'm driving home in my 02 civic ex with absolutely nothing done to it. I'm going a respectable 35 in a 35 and this k-9 suv west monroe, la cop pulls me over in the worst part of town. he proclaims that my STOCK lights are illegal. I ask him what's so illegal about it. he tells me that the green light on my headlight housing is illegal. so i tell him that its completely stock, the housing even clearly says 'HONDA OEM'. he seems to think that i should just change my bulb, but it's not that easy....its at least an hour of work on my car to crack out that green piece of plastic that tints the light green. I'm just wondering guys, is green truly illegal, and if so, why in the heck did honda of america market this in the states. personally, i think this cop is on crack.
Old 07-22-2006
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know what green your talking about, i can only come up with take your blue lights out of the turnsignals/parking lights.. the blue with the amber will make it appear greenish in color..

i think..
Old 07-22-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um a true stock headlight has orange piece for the signal, and clear bulb meaning it will light up orange. yours must be modified, if not by you then by someone else before you.
Old 07-22-2006
Registered!!

okay, here's a pic of an 02 civic headlight. look at the circular piece between the turning signal and the headlight...there is no blue bulb, and i'm not trying to get it to glow green, it is stock for all civics 01-04.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HondaCivic_HeadlightAssembly900_20012003.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	67324  
Old 07-22-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yeah that is a stock headlight, but not yours. so youre saying you have a clear bulb in that spot? and it glows green? doesnt make sense unles the cop had some colorblindness.
Old 07-23-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
So you have a green position bulb. Which is completely possible that someone before you put a green colored 194 Bulb in there.
Old 07-23-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
It takes like 3 minutes to change the bulb. Pop a screw and two tabs off your inner fender lining, do the reacharound, and you're done!
Old 07-23-2006
Registered!!

you guys still don't get it...this is my headlight for an 02 civic ex. the plastic coating on the inside is green, the bulb is clear. there have been no mods to this car whatsoever. the people who owned this car before me were 65 years old...i personally knew them. there's no way they knew how to make a parking signal green.
Old 07-23-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Hmm why dont you take a picture of your actual headlight? Is it green to you? Maybe the cop just had head trauma that screwed up his vision. Did you get a ticket?
Old 07-23-2006
Premium Member

post a pic so we can see what you mean.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
this makes no sense, i own a 02 civic ex and i actually replaced my 194 bulb with a green hyper one.. but the other one is clear.. and there is def no stock green plastic film over the circle parking light.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
orange or amber to the front and red in the rear. yes green is illegal in cali.
Old 07-26-2006
< My future wife.

are you going to post a pic yet or what?
Old 10-08-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
hey post a pic man, i really wanna see what green you are talking about
Old 10-09-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bradfordtheguy
you guys still don't get it...this is my headlight for an 02 civic ex. the plastic coating on the inside is green, the bulb is clear. there have been no mods to this car whatsoever. the people who owned this car before me were 65 years old...i personally knew them. there's no way they knew how to make a parking signal green.

the bulb may be clear/OEM but by having a colored coating within the housing, it emits an colored output. therefore, making it illegal in your location. i believe law goes by what color it emits rather than the actual color of the bulb itself. there are blue bulbs out there that emit white lighting
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
I think he's f'ing w/ us
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
doesn't make much sense..