Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

California Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
California Lemon Law

Hi,

I purchased a new 2004 Civic Ex in Aug. 2004. Recently, I have been bringing it to the dealer to resolve a creaking nosie from the front. They determined that it was caused by a bad weld from the fenderwell area and told me that it is not an issue in terms of safety or performance of the car. However, my car has been in the shop for almost one week for them to fix the problem. I called up the service advisor today and he told me they need more time cause they think the welds around the firewall are not good too thus causing the creaking noise.

My question is what should I do now? I am afraid that they will be unable to fix the problem and I will just have to go back and waste more time while they take apart my car. Should I contact Honda of America and tell them the situation so that it will be on record? I heard that after 3 times if they cannot fix a problem the Lemon Law can be used. Is this true? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
if its still in the shop, make this one their last chance to fix the problem correctly if its been the 3rd time already. if a problem occurs again, then i suggest contacting or filing for that lemon law. make sure you keep ALL records for proof.

i would contact honda of america and let them be aware of your situation. let them know which honda dealer u are bring it to, how many times you've brought your honda vehicle in for service, etc.

that 3 times rule isnt a law i believe. just 3 strikes your out kind of thing.

btw, google.com is your friend for lemon laws
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Jttegx,

Thank you for the reply. Supposedly, the car will be finished on Monday, they have to reattach everything they took apart and clean it up. Hopefully they do a good job. I will definetly call up America Honda on Monday and let them know my situation. I saved all the receipts and documents for service. The car has only 6,900 miles on it.

This is actually the 2nd time for this problem. The first time, they thought it was a problem in the A-pillar. The service advisor told me they wanted to make sure they got all the causes of the noise that is why it took so long.
Old 01-10-2009
Registered!!

igotthelemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: California Lemon Law

You can get legal lemon law advice at http://freelemonaid.com