Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Is it legal to ban someone cus they didnt do shit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005
Ultimate Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cjddrum1 has a spectacular aura aboutCjddrum1 has a spectacular aura aboutCjddrum1 has a spectacular aura about
Is it legal to ban someone cus they didnt do ****?

So? is it legal to ban someone ucs they didnt do anything? Neon, waht u think?
Old 07-30-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
it would depend on the situation.
buddy of mine was banned from a park for self defense. it varys.
Old 07-30-2005
. . . The Master Debater . . .

amhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura about
well, if they didn't do anything...why would they?
Old 07-30-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
he is referring to ban from this website.

and guess what. we can ban anyone for any reason we so desire. if i wanted to, i could ban you because let's say i dont like user names that have the word "rum" in it.

however, we don't ban people for no reason on this site. nor do we ban anyone just because someone complains about someone. we get the opinions of all the mods/admins when banning a member permanently, that way the view is as impartial as possible.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

GirlRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
plus - if you start banning people just for fun - you'll get a bad rep with other websites and stuff.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
one thing. i hate banning drama. it's one of the worse drama in any forum. IMO.

if possible, please deal with it with the mods trough PMs...

it's not neccessary to let other user to see ur matter...

sorry for the harsh word.
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
this site has a good impartialness when it comes to ruling, compared to other sites. for one thing, most surfers that join forums just to start **** don't stick around for long anyway. Banning just helps them to move on faster.

But you still have your members that hijack threads, post totally unrelated things, and think they are king of the internet because they just made fun of someone.

"hey stupid! it's not THEYRE it THEIR!!! hahahaa you got owned!" gee... you're cool

it's never a dull day on the internet
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
i don't know the dilly on your friend, but that was just my general opinion of the site. I guess if you had to pay to be able to register and join this site, and you are banned before your membership has expired, then you are entitled to get your money back... or something

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dramaold.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	57856  
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
i don't know the dilly on your friend, but that was just my general opinion of the site. I guess if you had to pay to be able to register and join this site, and you are banned before your membership has expired, then you are entitled to get your money back... or something

WOW__________________quite man has spoken
You back??
Old 07-30-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
mods here are koo. their not like the admins like in counterstrike.. ******* ban u cause you owned them bad and they got embarassed on the net. damn geeks lol

as for getting banned from a website, it can happen suddenly. im sure any mod here can ban if they just feel like it. but then, they SHOULD have a good reason to state why they did. cause there are admins that abuse there 'control' and hopefully get caught once their reported to the webmaster/owner
Old 07-30-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D17thgen
mods here are koo. their not like the admins like in counterstrike.. ******* ban u cause you owned them bad and they got embarassed on the net. damn geeks lol
haha r u serious
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
dead serious, one reason why i stopped playing counterstrike
Old 07-31-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
dead serious, one reason why i stopped playing counterstrike
i know what you mean, man. playing in pubs when you're anything but cal-o is just not fun when you get banned in 90% of the servers you go in.
Old 07-31-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
This isnt america, this isnt france...so shove your freedom of speach up your ***!!

Communism rules...
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
as for getting banned from a website, it can happen suddenly. im sure any mod here can ban if they just feel like it. but then, they SHOULD have a good reason to state why they did. cause there are admins that abuse there 'control' and hopefully get caught once their reported to the webmaster/owner
There is ALWAYS a good reason for someone getting banned from this site....

Just the way it is.
Old 07-31-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ZapThyCat
There is ALWAYS a good reason for someone getting banned from this site....

Just the way it is.
if its a good reason, why can't mods just state what it was, instead of something vague or sometimes just be like what's done is done and dont' talk about it?
i don't see why not if its a good reason.
Old 07-31-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wonderz
if its a good reason, why can't mods just state what it was, instead of something vague or sometimes just be like what's done is done and dont' talk about it?
Because we do searches on individuals, we research their present and past posts and link it to what the newest "drama" is on the site. We all have a say in whether someone gets banned and genearlly most of our reasons are not well received by others. They think we ban just because we can and not for valid reasons. Our job is to keep this site running smoothly and to ensure that everyone can be happy here. We have to think about the person on the other side of the monitor who may be getting bashed by 10 people on the site. Usually the valid reason is that the person who was banned, was banned because he/she was being 1) rude, 2) lude, or 3) had little respect for others and/or the mods.

I have been here longer than most people on this site. I the beginning there were few bannings, but as sites gets larger there is more controversy and "drama" That is just the nature of human socialization. HEre we have the power to remove that crap, whereas in real life you don't. If we didn't, this site would be full of spammers, trolls, and people who don't give a **** about anyone.

Last edited by robbclark1; 07-31-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ Exactly

This is a privately owned site that is open to the public. Derek sets the rules and the members should abide by them. If not, action shall be taken to keep the integrity of the site. If you don't like it.....then find somewhere else to get your e-jollies from.
Old 07-31-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea maybe streetkiaZ will tollerate that but not here.
Old 07-31-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
keep up the good work
Old 07-31-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
This isnt america, this isnt france...so shove your freedom of speach up your ***!!

Communism rules...
Ok? Free speech doesn't apply to a privately owned forum....
Old 07-31-2005
O RLY

Originally Posted by wonderz
because then where does it stop? what we do moderating the site is not open for debate.
Old 07-31-2005
O RLY

Originally Posted by robbclark1
HEre we have the power to remove that crap, whereas in real life you don't. If we didn't, this site would be full of spammers, trolls, and people who don't give a **** about anyone.
exactly. look at the SRT4forums war stories forum. it's unmoderated. and it's the sh*thole of the internet.
Old 07-31-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by S2000man01
Ok? Free speech doesn't apply to a privately owned forum....
I just thought that line was funny and you would enjoy it
Old 07-31-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
yea maybe streetkiaZ will tollerate that but not here.

i remember all that