Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

need SERIOUS help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
need SERIOUS help!

if my friend's driver's license is expired (say ... sep. of '04 ) and get it renewed soon, what will they do?

he doesnt wanna renew it b/c he said it had 'sentimental value' -_-

too bad sentimental value can't pay tickets eh..

well anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
What value could a drivers license have to someone? Anyway, if you get pulled over you will get a ticket, but thats about it.
Old 07-19-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Who is eligible to renew online or via the telephone?

• [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact Customer Service at 512-424-2600 or by email at customerservicedl@txdps.state.tx.us. Please include your full name, date of birth and driver license number on all emails.

Online license renewal form:
http://texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/rap/BaseRap
Old 07-19-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 02cvcEX
if my friend's driver's license is expired (say ... sep. of '04 ) and get it renewed soon, what will they do?

if he is pulled over with an expired DL, he will be cited a fine and/or fix-it ticket. when/if he appears in court for it, and doesnt have his license to show proof he got it renewed to show the judge, he will most likely pay a fine (its usually $174+ here in cali) without proof of correction or just a transaction fee (usually 10 bucks) with proof of renewed DL.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Why would he have to goto court, they woulod know when he renewed it, damn beuracrats, cali seems pretty shitty when it comes to driving. I almost hit a cop going off road to cut corners a four way stop while high as a kite, and only got a $230 negligent driving ticket. I hate coppers.....sometimes lol
Old 07-22-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^he would have to do "walk-in" court where you goto the court house in the early morning to get on the list for "walk-in court" (usually 9:30am/2pm/or whenever) and wait in the courtroom til his name is called. go up to the podeium*, tell the judge you want to get your ticket dismissed, judge asks if he taken care of it already, show judge your new license, ticket is dismissed, you come back and pay $10 fee.

go home and be happy that you didnt pay the full fines
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

Blkbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 02cvcEX
Well not sure why renewing his license, means he can't keep the old one. I have every old license from several states, from my first to current. (not even sure why I kept them), but here in Washington, they just punch a hole in the expired lic's pic if you renew in person. Otherwise you just go in an get an updated License or dupes if for some reason you want to have an extra around just incase you lose one.

Hell if he is that set on keeping it unaltered, just say he lost it and get a current lic. Otherwise your friend is a goof and should be shunned!