Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

blue license plat covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blacksi03 is an unknown quantity at this point
blue license plat covers

hey i got a blue license palte cover...are they illegal or not ?? im getting different answers so im a bit confused
Old 10-27-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
yep you will...according to the HTA (Highway traffic Act)

From HTA:
Number plate to be kept clean

(2) Every number plate shall be kept free from dirt and obstruction and shall be affixed so that the entire number plate, including the numbers, is plainly visible at all times, and the view of the number plate shall not be obscured or obstructed by spare tires, bumper bars, any part of the vehicle, any attachments to the vehicle or the load carried. 1994, c. 27, s. 138 (7).

Obstruction prohibited

(3) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being accurately photographed using a photo-radar system. 1993, c. 31, s. 2 (5).

Same

(3.0.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being accurately photographed using a red light camera system. 1998, c. 38, s. 2 (1).

Same

(3.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device or material that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being identified by an electronic toll system. 1996, c. 1, Sched. E, s. 2 (1).

Offence

(4) Every person who contravenes subsection (2), (3), (3.0.1) or (3.1) is guilty of an offence. 1993, c. 31, s. 2 (5); 1996, c. 1, Sched. E, s. 2 (2); 1998, c. 38, s. 2 (2).
Old 10-28-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Even clear license plate covers can snag you a ticket.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

oh damn thaxs guys (si2nv and telly)for the reply..really appreciate it.... u guys got very nice rides !!
Old 10-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I got a written warning for my red plate covers and i could read the plates just fine from as far as i could see if there were headlights lighting it up..
Old 11-10-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
i got a ticket for a blue lisence plate cover.. i took it off right away... and takin it to court not sure what to say tho
Old 11-11-2004
Registered!!

damn...seems liek cops will try to find anythign to get u a ticket nowadays if they see some young looking person driving a modified or almost modified car. i live in mississauga, and im down in toronto all the time and i get pulled over cuz cops think my car is crazy modified so they pull me over and make me open the hood and stuff...the funny thing is my car is completley stock no intake no exaust no nutting except for a sub and tail lights....it pisses me off and it wastes my time....anyways i hope u win...and i wish i could help u with waht to say but i dunno the law ..sorry bro....good luck with everything. keep us posted