Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Police Blitz a total joke....will this work at all?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Angry Police Blitz a total joke....will this work at all?

So there's a big show coming up this weekend in Toronto that myself and several other from 7thgen are showing in. It's the biggest show in the country and it always gets a lot of police attention.

They just line up outside and nail you as you come out, the pop your hood and stuff and issue a bunch of BS tickets for things they wouldn't bother with if they had any clue at all. But since you apparantly don't have to know the stuff to issue tickets for it I have an idea....will it work?

here it is...

If for example, 500 people get bogus tickets leaving the show and they all fight them (hence tying up the courts something awful, will that have any effect on their thinking?

It's likely that many will get ticketed plus the hundreds of others that live in the area and are horrassed everyday on the streets.
Old 07-13-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
This is why I stay clear of the east end of Toronto after 7pm.
Old 07-13-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
no....they will still make money on court fees. That is why they do it. They know the charges will get dropped...they are just looking for some free money. They may reduce the charges but you still have those small print fees...like 30 bucks or whatever. They get 100 people thats 3,000 for them...easy day of work. Just imagine 500 people getting tickets....the justice system are a bunch of goldiggers!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TeLLy
This is why I stay clear of the east end of Toronto after 7pm.

I spend a lot of time in Toronto during the summer. I normally cruise around Richmond Hill, Markham and Unionville every night but I've never gotten stopped yet.
Old 07-13-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Well this summer they're stepping it up apparently. I'm not taking any risks, I don't have the money to pay tickets, nor do I have time in the day to fight them. I just avoid the whole situation. It's the pu55y way out I know, but frankly I can't be bothered trying to fight the legal juggernaut. They'll win eventually, I'm not gonna test my already-lousy luck.
Old 07-13-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Unfortunately I doubt it will help. Obviously the cops have their intentions in causing problems in these peoples lives. I just sit back and wonder why they do it considering when they were younger, they had Mustangs and Camaros (sp?) to add "illegal" parts to. If they are even older than mid 20's to early 30's, they had old muscle cars that they raced around in when they were young... Almost like do as I say, not as I do... It's frustrating... Good luck with it....
Old 07-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
to be honest with you i have no idea, thats just one of those things you have to try it out first to see what happens. if i had to answer i would say it wouldnt work.

Injen
Old 07-20-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Well here's what they did.

They brought a pile of cruisers to the road leading to the fairgrounds where the show was being held and waited for everyone to come out afterwards....this seems a little like entrapment to me. They pulled over so many cars I lost count. I think someone said they issued 200 tickets for various things like improper mufflers and so on.
In the papers they gave all the info regarding how many cars they busted and how many tickets were written...however as someone said in the Gen7 forum, I highly doubt they will publisize how many get thrown out of court which would show (yet again) that they're wasting tax payers money on this stupid venture only to get 95% or more thrown out....I'm betting a lot of them this year too.

I don't mind the police nailing a guy down for racing on the street but to snag them off the road like fish out of a lake is pure *** if you ask me.
Old 07-20-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Easy way to appease the public after making a huge stink with street racers....

*three kids die when their speeding car (unmodified honda civic) wraps itself round a pole
Papers: "Three killed last night in street racing accident" (based on the fact the car was a civic, perhaps with some tint or altezzas)
Public: "Someone simply MUST stop these demonic street racers"
Police chief (in superman-like voice and pose): "I will come to your rescue, beloved citizens!"
Public: "Oh save us police chief man!"
Police chief (to his underlings): "Street racing is bad, if they are under 30, driving a lowered car, have tinted windows, mufflers, or big rims, do what it takes to get them off the road. Ignore all other emergency calls until each of you has bagged 20 people for improper headlights!"
Minions: "Sir! Yes SIR!"
*after ERASE and Darknights blitzes*
Police chief: "Fear not, good citizens, I have captured all the fearsome street racers, and their cars are all impounded or they are rendered undrivable by my minions! You can once more resume your OWN speeding on city streets!"
Public: "Oh police chief man, you're so dreamy! But half our kids have been kidnapped, we'll get back to you"
*elderly couple runs red light and crashes into a cab full of kids coming home from a club*
Public: "Someone simply MUST stop these demonic cabs full of kids coming home from clubs!"
Old 07-20-2004
Bobaganoosh!

HAHAHA!!!

"And that concludes another installment of The World Turns"
Old 07-20-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
HAHAHAHA TELLY That made my day even thought I'm not from Canada...
Old 07-20-2004
Bobaganoosh!

As I write this I'm listening to some fugly woman tell everyone about how fast she got her new Benz going on the 417 this morning on the way to work.
Old 07-20-2004
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pharoh
As I write this I'm listening to some fugly woman tell everyone about how fast she got her new Benz going on the 417 this morning on the way to work.
See that just sucks. I guess I'm lucky where I live. The police are very polite to me. On 2 occasions for example...

I got pulled over because I forgot my license plate at home (stupid I know). I was detailing it for a car show that I was on my way to. Cop pulls me over and then I knew why I got pulled over. He asked if I knew why, I started laughing and said I forgot my plates at home, I'm on my way to a car show. In the end, the cop said head down to the show, he doesn't want to have to pull me over for this again, good luck...

Story 2: Construction
I was going to a road that had a detour. I need to go to the doctor's office in the road under construction so I pulled up slowly where the road was blocked and the cop confronted me. Supposedly this guy was the worst one in my area. He was very nice to me. Told me I could pass through but gave me directions to a better way. He said they're dropping trees up ahead and would hate to see my car get ruined. When I was turning around he waved good bye to me.

I'm assuming that because I'm ALWAYS driving in my town, and almost never speed (if I do it's for a brief second). If the cops seeme always driving like that, I can see that as reason to be nice to me. I guess it all works out in the end.

I would personally try to publicise what the police are doing in your area. It's just not right. Not light you guys are going out making fights, stealing, or doing drugs in public or what now. Just seems like a waste of resources.