Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Getting Ticket On Navy Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004
I can resist everything except temptation.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
Getting Ticket On Navy Installation

So i got a ticket for "blowing through a stop sign" on the military base where i work. No my thing is i STOPPED...why you might ask would i stop at a stop sign....BACAUSE THE COP WAS SITTING RIGHT THERE. Anyhow...he gave me a $75 ticket and i was wondering what the options were for a base ticket issued by a civillian officer....and do base tickets carry any points onto your driving record in your state or at all?
Old 06-29-2004
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
You stopped and still gave you a ticket? Did you show him your military ID?
Old 06-29-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
That's BS.

Same sorta crap here and I work for DND as well. Most of the MP's on the base are new blood and training....hence, numbers and reputation in the name of making a good impression.
Old 07-01-2004
I can resist everything except temptation.

ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
I dont have military ID, im civillian for DOD working as a tenenant on a NAVSEA navy installation. The cop wasnt even an MP, he was a CIVILLIAN DOD cop...its like that went to a welfare clinic and solicited for base police.....
Old 07-01-2004
Diamond Member

Free2Rhyme26 is an unknown quantity at this point
if u stopped then u shouldn't have gotten a ticket. try to find sum witnesses
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

gangrel138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unfortunately in cases like this it's his word against yours unless his patrol car had an in-car camera that was pointed at you. You could try going to the MP station in order to find out. In my experience they are usually more than helpful and most of the time resent the civilian security forces that work on base.
Old 07-04-2004
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,160 Likes on 808 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
was it a master at arms cop or a civilian cop? anyways, cops in general (both civilian and master at arms) are asses when it comes to **** like that..
Old 07-04-2004
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
The ticket is gonna be $75? Thats wierd. Usually on military installations, traffic violations are under a point system. After 3 points, your driving privliges are revoked for 6 months. Government isntallations aren't supposed to collect fines. What base did this occur at?