Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Don't do more than 100mph in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drumn2121 is on a distinguished road
Don't do more than 100mph in SoCal

Well as some of you might remember I got pulled over for doing 103mph in a 70mph zone in southern Cali. Well I got back from court the other day and my fine was the minimum for Taft County at $880 plus $35 for making it in payments bringing it to a grand total ticket of $915. The max fine was $1800 and 30 day suspension of license. That just stings a little. Everybody say bye bye to turbo $$$$ for now.
Old 05-19-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by drumn2121
Well as some of you might remember I got pulled over for doing 103mph in a 70mph zone in southern Cali. Well I got back from court the other day and my fine was the minimum for Taft County at $880 plus $35 for making it in payments bringing it to a grand total ticket of $915. The max fine was $1800 and 30 day suspension of license. That just stings a little. Everybody say bye bye to turbo $$$$ for now.

damm man i could of told ya that.....

not about the law of you State but about the 100mph thing hahaha.
Old 05-19-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
own3d
Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

Stephon314 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unbelievable bro! $915 is just too much for a speeding ticket...All I can say is that you got terrible luck instead of the reason you are in South CA...I was driving 120mph on highway with 65 limit when I was still in North CA and the police man was nice enough to issue me a $270 ticket (He marked me driving 99mph, so obviously he was giving me a chance...) Driving over 100mph could get you arrested by police by the way. I'd say talk to some lawyers and see what they can do for you
Old 05-23-2004
Premium Member

7gencivicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
if you ever pass more than 30mph over the speed limit be prepare to go to jail and court.
Old 05-24-2004

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 7gencivicboi
if you ever pass more than 30mph over the speed limit be prepare to go to jail and court.
I got a ticket for 80mph in a 40 zone once. Didn't go to jail, but I had a mandatory court appearance. Judge didn't even bat an eyelash at it. He granted me the traffic school I asked for and cut my fine in half. Maybe he got laid the night before or something.

I also got a ticket for "100+" in a 65. That was a $301 fine, but I contested that one and won, so I got it refunded.

I've gotten lucky and haven't been arrested yet. That CHP officer I got away from not too long ago might have broken my lucky streak had he caught me though.
Old 05-24-2004

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stephon314
Unbelievable bro! $915 is just too much for a speeding ticket...All I can say is that you got terrible luck instead of the reason you are in South CA...I was driving 120mph on highway with 65 limit when I was still in North CA and the police man was nice enough to issue me a $270 ticket (He marked me driving 99mph, so obviously he was giving me a chance...) Driving over 100mph could get you arrested by police by the way. I'd say talk to some lawyers and see what they can do for you
I think it's not enough for a speeding ticket for over 100mph. Id have liked to see him get the maximum and some jail time.

A car traveling that fast is out of control on public roads, wreckless, and could be considered a weapon. If he had wrecked and smashed into someone, I doubt anyone would have survived.

If you want to speed, goto the ****ing track man.

At least there, you are supposed to be speeding and are wearing some safety gear and in a place where help is on hand.
Old 05-24-2004
Registered!!

drumn2121 is on a distinguished road
There was no out of control or wreckless to it. I was on open road around no cars. I had been driving in the 100+mph range for three years. I used to live in Germany and it was a daily thing to do that to work so I do know what I am doing. I wasn't doing it through town I was out in the middle of the desert just north of Valencia.
Old 05-26-2004

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drumn2121
There was no out of control or wreckless to it. I was on open road around no cars. I had been driving in the 100+mph range for three years. I used to live in Germany and it was a daily thing to do that to work so I do know what I am doing. I wasn't doing it through town I was out in the middle of the desert just north of Valencia.
Just about any driver who's been driving for a decent amount of time is comfortable driving at 65mph, right? Why is that? Because they're driven that speed enough that they are used to it and know how to keep control at that speed.

I agree with you, drumn. Lots of people just see the "100mph" and fly off the handle saying that you're trying to kill people and you're negligent, and fail to take into account that maybe you know how to handle those high speeds. I've driven 100+ for so many years that it's not a big deal at all.

Plus I don't drive 100+ when traffic is moving at 45. I only drive those speeds when traffic will safely allow it.