Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Florida Tint Q

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnD is an unknown quantity at this point
Florida Tint Q

Im going to be moving from new jersey to florida in 2 weeks to the west palm beach area. I have an 03 civic coupe with 5% on the rear 3 windows. I was down there 2 weeks ago and most cars has really dark tint on the front windows. I plan on having my front windows tinted once i get down there. I saw a chart that says the legal limit is 28% for the front. If i go with 15% or 20% black on the front windows will i get hassled by the cops or do they not care?

Also on a different topic... If i remember correctly if i am driving in a different state with a new jersey license and i get a moving violation ticket that it will show up on my NJ license as 2 points, but i recall hearing somewhere that new jersey was one of the few states that gives points for out of state tickets. Anyone know how this works for a florida license? My license is clean but i am just curious if it is different.
Old 06-11-2004
Registered!!

popNfresh is an unknown quantity at this point
you might wanna call the local DMV. but as for your tint, I can't say. MOST cops have nothing better than eating donuts and pulling people over for the most BS reasons (tint, exhaust) so you might wanna consider having lighter tints. If you're lucky, you might get away with it.
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I say *** what the law says, I have 5% tint all the way around, about to switch to 2% all the way around, just get what tint you want and if you get pulled over for it, tell them you are on your way to get it fixed. Make a good excuse to them. I was pulled over 2 weeks ago for my tint and he let me go. Told him I recently got a ticket and was going to get it fixed.
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

Mike4831 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i have 22% in ga. Which 1 week ago was illegal. GA has since dropped all the tint laws. But i was only told they would write you a ticket for it, if you were being given another ticket for like speeding or somehing.
Old 06-16-2004
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
in FL legal tint is 28%.... a lot of Cops have tint meters....especially on the Beach.

and if you have your front tinted....you're asking for it...
the people you see with their front tinted havent got caught yet...

i have 20% but W/E!
Old 06-16-2004
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
just do what you want. tinting is not that expensive to have it undone and replaced if they force you to
Old 06-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
in florida you will get a ticket... best thing to do is contact the local authorities of where your moving to so you can find out the exact law.

personally i have 5% all around except the front windshield.

Injen
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got my windows done in FL. Supposedly it's 37% for the front windows and no limit on the back (you just have to be able to see out obviously.) I got 37% all around, looks pretty good. Blocks the sun which is what I wanted it for and it's not dark enough to make cops nervous...
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

gangrel138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Out of state tickets will count for points in NJ. Got a buddy that told me all about that a while back.
Old 07-22-2004
Registered!!

Hitesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking go for it..dont worry bout ticket

yeah..just go for it..it should be one in a hundred chance to get pulled over for the tint...
if its pitch black, then one idea is to roll ur windows down on sight of cops ...my friend does that all the time...

the news is ...i probably got ripped off: payed 180$ for all windows tint - almost limo tint but legal for sure..yeah its pitch black...i went for it coz i was tired of hunting the tint masters

also, the guy said it has 99% uv protection and 89% heat protection...which i have been hoping was true..who is going to measure that anyways...
neways...it was a rip off which i didnot care about...the tint looks just fukin great
Old 07-23-2004
SuperMod a.k.a ~AMG~

AdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond repute
I just got mine redone (had been 6 years). I have 25% all around but you're only allowed 20% on the front driver and passenger windows. I had to sign a waiver to get it done that way. It's just a risk you take. Tint removal ranges around $75. If you run into having to get it off...I have a secret that works at little to no cost. Good Luck!!
Old 07-23-2004
Registered!!

Hitesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AdmireMyGr8ness
I just got mine redone (had been 6 years). I have 25% all around but you're only allowed 20% on the front driver and passenger windows. I had to sign a waiver to get it done that way. It's just a risk you take. Tint removal ranges around $75. If you run into having to get it off...I have a secret that works at little to no cost. Good Luck!!
how much did u pay for the tint?
Old 07-23-2004
SuperMod a.k.a ~AMG~

AdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond reputeAdmireMyGr8ness has a reputation beyond repute
$239 w/ life time warranty plus removal.
Old 07-25-2004
Registered!!

04CivicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering if it was illegal to get blue tinting done to my car in fl
Old 08-08-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
florida person....me

i have 8% all around EVERYWHERE and then a 12" strip on front windsheild

cops dont give a **** and if they pull u over roll down windows and they cant "make" you raise them unless they have search warrant or w/e its called.

they used to be able to not "make" u open trunk/glovebox but twith that damn terroist **** they dont even need probable cause by law..

just do w/e.. im actually gonna get a 50% on my windshield to cut down on heat... who gives a ****.. worst case scenario u pull it off and (get a cop to sign off on ur fixit ticket) and then my tint guy will redo it the enxt week for 1/2 the price i paid..

riley
Old 08-08-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
u can get blue/yellow/purple(lolol, windex'd tint) red etc doesnt matter
Old 08-25-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
im not in florida but ive got 80% all the way around. but what i do is keep my front 2 windows down at all times. except if its raining. my dad recomended i do this (hes an ex cop)
Old 08-25-2004
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html