Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

****California Laws for Import mods and street racing***

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaylene777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ****California Laws for Import mods and street racing***

That's f****d up.
Old 05-20-2008
Registered!!

xmyzteriousx will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: ****California Laws for Import mods and street racing***

Uh yeh I agree about the law and cops being retarded in Cali..they'll give you a ticket or stop you for the littlest and randomest things..

My first ticket was for entering the left turn lane too early. I was 465 feet into the lane when you're supposedly only allowed to be 425 feet into that lane. Yeh I know..And since that was my first ticket ever, I just decided to pay it off and not even go to court..

My second one was for speeding and I got that ticket on a Friday, 3 days after my first one. I was going like 49 on a 35 but there was a car next to me going the same. Cops are just after the younger ones.

Then I got one that still hasn't been filed and nor do I think it'll be filed. I was actually racing but he wrote me down for unsafe lane changing. I could've gotten caught for a couple more things.. driving my friend's car, past curfew, having her {minor too} in the car, and speeding. He was nice enough to let me go. =]

Just yesterday I got one for passing a red light. The cop was such an *** because I said that I was just following the car in front of me and didn't realize it was red. He says "Well of course, you're not going to follow the car behind you. *smirk on his stupid face*"
I just looked at him like he was the most retarded thing I had ever seen and just looked away. I'm going to go to court for that one though..
Old 05-21-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes it the police, I have two things to say, one: It doesn't matter what laws exist, they'll pull you over and write a ticket for whatever they want to. They do it hoping you don't research it and find out the truth. And two: For as long as people have hooked up cars, cops have been pulling them over, it's nothing new. I just follow the rules of the road and try to steer clear of trouble.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

I don't know about you guys but cops stare at me all the time but even without a front license plate and a beanie on my head I never have any issues. knock on wood.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

That sucks. Glad I live in PA!

Wagner
Old 09-03-2009

jjoe1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks you can read this http://uslawyersdb1.blogspot.com/
Old 03-26-2010
Registered!!

RaceNLive is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is old just want to tell everyone. if you get pulled over and the cop tells you to pop your hood you DO NOT have to. That is illegal search of your property.
Old 04-14-2010
Registered!!

87pyro3 is an unknown quantity at this point

*** the police
ive lost my license 4 times int three diff states
ive gotn pulled over for going to slow, to fast, blinking lights, changing lanes to quick, loud exhaust, loud bov, loud system, to much smoke from tires, messing up public property, drifting, racing, you name it ive gotn it, my car was so loud 1 time i got pulled over b4 i even left my driveway!!!!!!!!

just get pulled over and get to know the cops figure out wat they dont want you to do and wen do it the way they want raise hell other wise lol i have enough problems in tennessee i dont even wana think about cali lol *** all that i cant pass inspection ther cuz i wouldnt want to legal sucks

great thread at least im not the only 1
Old 03-27-2012
jdmchick93

dmartinezjdm93 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in a dilemma. Is a RHD legal or illegal in Cali. I just bought a RHD hatch but I don't wanna get pulled over or get a ticket. Plz get back to me anyone I'm dying to drive my baby.
Old 03-27-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dmartinezjdm93
I'm in a dilemma. Is a RHD legal or illegal in Cali. I just bought a RHD hatch but I don't wanna get pulled over or get a ticket. Plz get back to me anyone I'm dying to drive my baby.
Not illegal to have a RHD car, but what's under the hood that'll come under scrutiny.
Old 03-28-2012
jdmchick93

dmartinezjdm93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing yet everything is stock.
Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

tohokujin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cocky
i'm just glad i live nowhere near cali. some stuuuuupid laws you guys have.
I live in Cali and this is why my car is stock. About 10 years ago I was getting pulled over almost every month for totally asshat crap.