Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

how should i plea?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaShMoneyBlng is an unknown quantity at this point
how should i plea?

quick overview of my situation:

coming home from work i came to a stop sign after exiting the freeway. it was 12am, streets were empty, and i decided to have some fun. i put the rev's to 4k, and dropped the clutch, smoking it through first and most of second. look in the rearivew, i see christmas lights.

result:
exhibition of speed
vehicle speed 35mph
safe speed 35mph

This is a misdermenur, possible 2 points +$1000 fine. Court date is coming up. Should I plead guilty hope for some pity (my record is completely clean) and pay the fine? Or should I plead not guilty and try to fight it? I'm afraid if I plead not guilty and the judge doesn't beleive my story, he'll jack up the fine and give me the maximum penalty.

I'm hoping the judge will see a) i have a clean record and b) i was still going a safe speed. anyone have any advice?
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
pled guilty and ask for driving school and that should hopefully keep it off your record.

Injen
Old 01-03-2004
7thgens other Official Five O'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you plead not guilty what factual basis do you have for fighting it?

You knew it was wrong and did it anyway...looks like its just an exhibition of speed ticket if your speed was the same at the safe speed.