Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Friend got ticket for squeling tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Friend got ticket for squeling tires

Ok I guess he was at a light and while turning he accelerated and squeled his tires. He did not peel out. He was cooperative. What kinda of ticket is this. Its a minor ticket? What kind of fine can he get. has anyone gotten one of these tickets dropped. (an officer's help would be nice.) injencivic?

Anyway i told him its a minor ticket and he should not use his prayer for judgement (if any of you know what this is). What should I advise him to do? anyway they can lower it or fight the ticket?
Old 09-28-2003
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,159 Likes on 807 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
if it's a ticket for extortion of power, go fight it in court and tell them that it was not an intentional "burn-out" or whatever term you decide to use... it is a kind of a bullshit ticket tho....
Old 09-28-2003
Banned

my04wrx is an unknown quantity at this point
wanna hear a good one? i got a ticket for going around a turn with the "tires squealing"

the kicker? it had just rained hard not 3 minutes earlier. the roads were soaked.
Old 09-28-2003
Registered!!

OnTarget is an unknown quantity at this point
The citation was most probably for "exhibition of speed". It occurs when you break traction either from a standstill or executing a turn. Your friend needs to learn how to apply less throttle off the line or thru a turn. In California it is actually a misd offense. In my department, along with citing the individual, a 2 page report has to be filed as well. You can see why we use this code selectively.
Old 09-28-2003
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,159 Likes on 807 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i got pulled over when i first got my 7th gen for hella peeling out in a high school parking lot... i still had the registration cards on witht eh expriation date, and when the cop came up to me, i'm like "uhm.. i'm kinda new to a stick" so he let me off with a warning, and tips on how to drive a stick.. haha...
Old 09-28-2003
Registered!!

OZman is an unknown quantity at this point
omg..
and i was doing some 'donuts' in an empty parking lot this morning while waiting for a sunrise (photography)..
Old 09-29-2003
The Righteous

RBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
I moved this to Legal Questions and the Law to hopefully get you more help.
Old 09-29-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by OnTarget
The citation was most probably for "exhibition of speed". It occurs when you break traction either from a standstill or executing a turn. Your friend needs to learn how to apply less throttle off the line or thru a turn. In California it is actually a misd offense. In my department, along with citing the individual, a 2 page report has to be filed as well. You can see why we use this code selectively.
yea in my state they call it a 'Unsafe Start' violation and its a serious ticket cause its considered like a street racing ticket.
Old 09-29-2003
I do a body good

IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
I got arrested for this like 5 years ago and was put in jail for 8 hours, and had to pay a fine of 350 dollars to get out...and it was my first day of spring break down in myrtle beach...damn women cops
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Narc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by OnTarget
Another fellow officer? Nice to meet ya brother.

Ontario traffic law - unessessary noise. $110, no points.
Old 09-29-2003
Banned

Originally posted by xRiCeBoYx
i got pulled over when i first got my 7th gen for hella peeling out in a high school parking lot... i still had the registration cards on witht eh expriation date, and when the cop came up to me, i'm like "uhm.. i'm kinda new to a stick" so he let me off with a warning, and tips on how to drive a stick.. haha...
i hit 45 in a 30 cause i floored it off the line when i had my civic, just for kicks. about 2 min later a cop comes racing up on me and pulls me over why i was going so fast from the stop

i totally bs'ed the cop, blaming it on my transmission fluid (cause i had just changed to synth that morning). the wierd part was he actually believed me and my "shifting problem because of the transmission fluid"
Old 09-29-2003
Banned

Originally posted by IMURMILK1
I got arrested for this like 5 years ago and was put in jail for 8 hours, and had to pay a fine of 350 dollars to get out...and it was my first day of spring break down in myrtle beach...damn women cops
was she really ugly? i mean i woulda at least tried to flirt my way outta the ticket if she wasnt flat out busted lookin.
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

Niter1dah is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol I was burning out everywhere on accident when I traded my auto 01 civic lx in for the type -s. I have never owned a manual before. I even did a little burn out too in front of a cop in a 4 way intersection haha! Guess he saw my dealerships blue plastic plates and figured I was a n00b stick driver behind the wheel. :-x
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

So how bad is a misdemeaner. Does he need a laywer. He said he probably wont hire one and will try to just "bs" his way out... He wants to use his PJC(its a one time thing every 3 yrs for a family, u can use it if you have never used one before)
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by RBABE
I moved this to Legal Questions and the Law to hopefully get you more help.
Thanks, i had forgotten about this section
Old 09-29-2003
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
Maine= unnessecary brake/acceleration noise sets u back $68
Old 09-30-2003
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
in Texas i believe its "unnecessary tread loss"