Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

pulled over from a improper start from stop???????????? NO TIRE SPIN!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrissy is an unknown quantity at this point
pulled over from a improper start from stop???????????? NO TIRE SPIN!!!!!!!!!

i was wondering if they can pull you over for accelerating too fast. i was in my recently b16b swapped crx and decided to floor it from a stop light... the wheels didnt even spin at all and the speed limit is 65 mph on state rd 60 and as i counted my 5 seconds of lovely thrust all the way to 60 mph, a polk county sheriff black thunderbird cop car pulls me over. so i got an $83 ticket and the cop says "next time you should think about slowing down". i was like "wtf but i was still going under the speed limit." what the fu(k???? oh and yeah, for all you girls, crying did not help one bit. the cop still said... gotta do my job ma'am.
Old 09-10-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Re: pulled over from a improper start from stop???????????? NO TIRE SPIN!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Chrissy
i was wondering if they can pull you over for accelerating too fast. i was in my recently b16b swapped crx and decided to floor it from a stop light... the wheels didnt even spin at all and the speed limit is 65 mph on state rd 60 and as i counted my 5 seconds of lovely thrust all the way to 60 mph, a polk county sheriff black thunderbird cop car pulls me over. so i got an $83 ticket and the cop says "next time you should think about slowing down". i was like "wtf but i was still going under the speed limit." what the fu(k???? oh and yeah, for all you girls, crying did not help one bit. the cop still said... gotta do my job ma'am.
Chrissy, where ya been gurl!?! Ok. That's the lamest thing I've ever heard of!! They might as well just park a cruiser at every damn light because everybody does it! I tried crying when I blew the red light and it didn't work either...lol...j/k
Old 09-10-2003
where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on deals...

muzhik will become famous soon enoughmuzhik will become famous soon enough
I floored it once on light too, cop pulled me over, he's like WTF are you doing?? I was like, officer, my accelerator got stuck!!! He told me not to do it anymore;

my 2 cents

Last edited by muzhik; 09-16-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2003
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
yes you can get pulled over for accelerating too fast.
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
only thing i can think of is wreckless driving

Injen
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
yea wreckless driving... thats all i come up with...

i've never heard that though...

how did he prove to you that youwere speeding???

radar gun?
pace?

what did he clock you at???

you can fight it!!!!

you will win!
Old 09-10-2003
The Righteous

RBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
In AZ, it is called exhibition of speed and is illegal here, but, no one I know including myself has ever been jacked for it at all and we can't help but do it at almost every light. I'm thinking you got a bored cop or a trying to prove a point cop.
Old 09-10-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
maybe, but sometimes they're trying to hard to make an example out of people. Have you ever stopped on the wide white line at the light (when you're first in line)? Everytime I do I squeel the tires when I pull away and if there's a cop around I get a nice look...I for one don't want to beleive that a cop was screwin with me because he/she was bored and had nothing else better to do but I guess it happens...*shrug*
Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

he clocked me at 65 with a radar gun. he says it does matter the way you get to the speed limit. what a di(k!!
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
so.... you were speeding...

so he did have cause to pull you over.

but for 5 mph over, i wouldnt have pulled you over!
whatever.... he was just being a DI.CK and he had nothing better to do than hassle you.

i go 10-15mph over sooo.... just have to be lucky.. i guess
Old 09-16-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
what a Focker...

yea, it is called exhibition of speed, that really sucks... he was probly jelous of ur nice car... crx... how is ur baby...
Old 09-16-2003
Registered!!

yeah , cops are like that in bartow, especially in sr 60. screw those thunderbird cops. i saw one today and flicked him off and he waved at me as i rolled the window down. and btw, i think it was the same cop that pulled me over... but i was in my rsx not crx today. the crx is in the shop getting the a/c fixed... oh yeah, and the baby is doing fine. is kickin hard now. ouch! due date dec 2, half white, half pinoy
Old 09-16-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Originally posted by Chrissy
yeah , cops are like that in bartow, especially in sr 60. screw those thunderbird cops. i saw one today and flicked him off and he waved at me as i rolled the window down. and btw, i think it was the same cop that pulled me over... but i was in my rsx not crx today. the crx is in the shop getting the a/c fixed... oh yeah, and the baby is doing fine. is kickin hard now. ouch! due date dec 2, half white, half pinoy
Glad to hear the baby is doing well!
Old 09-20-2003
Registered!!

ptechricer is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea it a law (well here in dallas) I have had a couple in my old car. I dont know why but I had to pay $150 for it.
Old 09-27-2003
Registered!!

DINGALING is an unknown quantity at this point
"i would have whipped out my 9 and put a cap in that pig's azzzzz"

-dude from super troopers

-DINGALING
Old 03-02-2010
Registered!!

Cav01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: pulled over from a improper start from stop???????????? NO TIRE SPIN!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, in Fl it is definately ILLEGAL. I have a 2001 5 sp Cavalier and tonight i went to the gas station and as i was leaving i got pissed becazuse is started to rain and my sunroof was open so i did a burnout and i made it down a side road and saw red and blue lights in my rear view window and i pulled over and couldnt find the thing to roll my window down and he walks up taping on my window real loud and im like wow, this is going to be a straight up *******, and i open my door and hes like, what are you stupid? you didnt see me getting gas there, im like no officer, i wasnt looking to do no wrong i just backed out of the spot and im learning to drive a stick and its raining out so thats why i screeched my tires, hes like well im gunna let you out of a $187 ticket, not sure if thats how much it actually is but, he wasnt an ******* at all, i REALLY hate pigs too so, he was pretty straight forward with me. and he let me go on a verbal warning and but yeah it is definately illegal..... Improper start, Reckless driving. Disturbing the peace. Dont let anyone tell you its not illegal!! Just admit it if you dont wanna get in trouble, and like me, if you did it right in front of the pig. LOL
Old 03-02-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: pulled over from a improper start from stop???????????? NO TIRE SPIN!!!!!!!!!

Lol I got pulled over for this to but I wasnt speeding, he just gave me a warning and told me to not be so @#$% stupid lol stupid pig. But ya its illegal and its called an unsafe movement.