Tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zedx10r is an unknown quantity at this point
Tuner shop

Hi, does anyone know a good tuner shop in Ottawa or Kingston? I just bought an '02 Civic SiR with S/C, cold air intake, etc from a dealership and am interested to know what has been done to the car and if it needs to be tuned etc. Thanx for the help!!
Old 05-08-2007

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tuner shop

The only time I would see about getting the car tuned is if it was turboed, supercharged or has an engine swap. Any of those three you could tell by just looking. You could try KVR or Tapp auto. I would do some reserch first before you take your car to those places. If it is just an intake you have I would not bother having it tuned. If you walk in and say "Hey do I need my car tuned cause I have no idea what has been done to it" They are going to look at you and see $$$$. They will tell you "ya sure you need it tuned" and charge you 10 times more than it is worth and think you know nothing about your car. So scan the site and try and figure out what you have done to it. Take pics and post it up and maybe people in the Ottawa section can help. I suggest you don't do this anywhere else on the site. The Ottawa people are cool and will answer any question no matter what. Some people on the site are harsh and will give you ******* remarks.

Good luck and congrats on the new car
Old 05-08-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Well I've never been to any tunning shops, but you can also find excellent help over on www.ottawahondaclub.com
Old 05-10-2007
Registered!!

Thanx for the advice .. so far all I know is that the car has a Jackson S/C, cold air intake and exhaust .. the dealer I bought it from in Ottawa said the pipes from the headers back were also done .... have you or anyone else seen this car in Ottawa? It is a silver '02 Civic SiR with full Wings West body kit .. just want to know what else has been done to the car and if it is tuned properly.
Old 05-10-2007
Registered!!

Thanx for the advice!!
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

A pic would help.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

fluk3d is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't take the risk of driving the car around town you might be running too lean, and blow your engine. You can check the color of your plugs that will tell you if your running lean/rich, if you don't have a wideband connected to check your air/fuel. I wouldn't go to kvr, and tapp isn't open to the public anymore. Try calling michael @ PSI Tuning he will provide you with more then enough information.