To Fight, Or Not To Fight????

Old 05-23-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry To Fight, Or Not To Fight????

well boys... i was just peacefully going along hunt club eastbound in rush hour traffic... minding my own business... was coming to the underpass at hunt club and airport parkway when i saw a cop in the right hand lane 2 cars up... he pulls farther up ahead and i get over and i'm 2-3 cars behind the cop... so i turn right on to bridle path... wait for the pedestrians to cross... launch off first, shift at 2,200 rpms and all i hear is a WHOOOOP and lights... i'm like... ok... what did i do??? i let the pedestrians cross... traffic was clear, didn't get into a accident??? what the hell did i do... so i rolled down the window, fired my keys on my dash, kept both hands on steering wheel... comes up to my window he's like that's a god awful noise coming out of your exhaust... i'm going to write you up for an improper exhaust... i was thinking to myself, WTF?!?! i mean, i got pulled over by an OPP officier and he didn't say anything about my exhaust... so he looks at my muffler, then he looks to see if i still had a catalytic converter... then he walks to the front of my car and comes back to me and says "you know it's illegal to change your headlamps in the province of ontario?" now to myself i was like ... anyways, i told him i never knew of that law and i've seen many cars with my exact headlights in different vehicles... so he goes back to his car, writes me up a $110 ticket!!! then an old beat up chrysler went by and it had a hole in the muffler, and he said, you know, i could pull over that guy too because his exhaust sounds as loud as yours and it's CRAPPY... i just sat there, smiling and nodding... then he pulled away, and i was so... i dunno... just... don't even know how to describe it... haha... ... now, i'm going to try and get it squashed, just like the one my mom got on the green civic... or should i just pay the $110??? thoughts??? comments???
Old 05-23-2006
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
****ing fight it ...

I kinda lost you at the end of the story ... did the cop write you up for your loud exhaust - which btw it is really really loud in my honest opinion OR did the cop write you up for changing your headlights ?

Is that headlight thingy actually true - is it illegal ?
Old 05-23-2006
I Love Lamp

he wrote me up for the exhaust... yes it is loud, but i mean, it was only 2,000 rpms!!! i mean, it gets real loud when like 4,000 hits... but he said it's illegal to put in different headlamps than stock... couldn't believe it
Old 05-23-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WhiteHalf
Is that headlight thingy actually true - is it illegal ?
No it's not. As long as the aftermarket headlamps have the proper lighting on all corners. You should have asked the police officer to produce the article in the H.T.A. where it states that it is ILLEGAL to change your headlights from factory ones. Anyways moral of the story is he was being a ***** and he DID NOT give you a ticket for the headlights ONLY for the exhaust. I've never heard your exhaust so I can't say. but if it is LOUD then yeah he could give you a ticket. Don't bother mentioning the whole harley davidson motorcycles being louder than your exhaust, it won't work.

Fight the ticket. and if your exhaust IS loud then maybe you should add on a resignator onto your exhaust.
Old 05-23-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
I think you should get an automatic

hahaha ok I had to.
Old 05-23-2006
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
pay it you will loose
Old 05-23-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
If the headlights are stamped DOT approved they're fine. I thought your new thread was going to be that you curb rashed your rims.lol
Old 05-23-2006

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
^correct. you won't win for the noise ticket either...many have tried and failed.

Fuck da police.

Last edited by Si2NV; 05-23-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
If it was in quebec, it's really easy to fight an exhaust ticket... Ontario on the other hand... i don't exactly know...

You see, there are certain laws that state that cars can't make more noise than a certain amount of decibals... So, he only judged it was too loud without actually having done any tests... If they asked you why you changed it, because you wanted stainless steel... lasts longer!
Then again, you might have to provided a decibal reading of the sound your exhaust makes... i really don't know in Ontario...
Then again... This fool doesn't really know his laws too well, because in Ontario it states that there should be 3 distinct lights in the front of a car and these lights should be either amber or white (it actually doesn't specify which one should be which colour)

So i can't really tell you what to do... cause in Quebec it's easy to get away with that... in Ontario, i don't know...
Old 05-24-2006

skiboard is on a distinguished road
TYCs come with a card that says it's legal
you should have told him you bought it like that from the dealer...I believe then they have to fight the dealer who sold you the vehicle to you with that modification. I donno that would work to everybody but I used to say that to ashhole cops that pulled me over for nothing.

Last edited by skiboard; 05-24-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2006
I Love Lamp

well... it's true... the cop did pull me over by ear judging it was too loud... i think the decibal limit is 95??? how much does a resenator cost?? and will the cop be able to notice it if i get one installed, then possibly fight it, and make them do a decibal test (if he can't see the resonator)... haha... if he can see the resonator, then i guess i'll just have to pay the ticket... but then again, i know a police officer that works out of leitrim, and the person who bought me the exhaust system, was a retired metro toronto police officer.. LMAO... so i dunno.. if i can get it squashed it'd be a miracle... haha
Old 05-25-2006
JdMsPark009

There is a way to get it squashed this is what yo need to do....

You need to install a resinator and get a bill for it and when you go to court you tell the judge that you were aware of the problem and you were getting it fixed in couple of days then you show him a copy of the recipt that you did some work to your exhaust...

You can also ask why you were not given a 72 hour ticket to give you the time to fix the problem...

I think I have a resinator kicking around my garage
Old 05-25-2006
I Love Lamp

sweet... so can the cop see the resonator if i install one??? and what if when i get the resonator installled, i get dan to back date it to april say and tell them that i wasn't aware that i already had a resonator in it??? haha... but i guess i'll get the resonator in once i get the rims on, which will be around tuesday... but i mean, i passed so many cops, at so much higher rpms, and they never did a thing... so i got to take it one thing at a time... lol... u can also order that intake stat pierre too...
Old 05-25-2006
JdMsPark009

I will sellyou the resenator call me some time tonight
Old 06-15-2006
I Love Lamp

well, i took my medecine and paid the ticket and got the resonator put in for $80 via dan... damn my car is so quiet now... lol... i miss it without the resenator... lol
Old 06-15-2006
JdMsPark009

I thoought you were going to by mine??
Old 06-27-2006
I Love Lamp

meh, i just decided to get it done at dan's... lol... everything is all good right now... hell, i'm using this iMac computer at future shop (OT i know) and damn it's freak'n sweet!!!!!