Tourist Trophy (game)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006
Ask me about your mom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Tourist Trophy (game)

Holy ****

This game is insanity. If you haven't heard of it, it's from the makers of gran turismo...except you ride a motorbike instead of driving a car!

the physics in the game are incredible! you actually have to stop using BOTH your front and rear brakes...it doesn't do both at the same time unless you manually do so.

The game is sofa-king good man. I spent all waking hours yesterday playing it (it came out yesterday).

So far I've got my first two licenses (got gold on all tests and got two sweet bikes), and the first 10/22 honda bikes. It's pretty cool...instead of money to buy bikes, the bikes are available if you win a race. You race head to head against the computer who has a bit better bike (in most cases). If you get ahead of the computer and stay ahead for 10 seconds (or cross the finish line in front of the computer after 3 laps), then you win the bike! so it can take as little as 30 seconds to win a bike, or 10 minutes. The computer always starts out ahead of you, so you have to ride like mad to catch up. Some of them were pretty tough (gixxer 1000).

Man o man...if you're finished GT4 and want something good to play....this is it.

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

BUY IT!
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hehe, I played it but I couldnt handle the bikes well.
Old 04-06-2006
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^^yah it looked pretty slick! How do the bikes handle. Btw there was a motorcycle game that had the same concept for the xbox a while ago called moto gp. But TT is better because it includes actual bikes! i might rent it and try it out!
Old 04-06-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
is it for ps2 or the 360???
Old 04-06-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
PS2 to my knowledge. Nice review/enticement to go rent it, but well I have no time anyways Though sounds like someone wants a game night

PS, as the Ottawa crew always tends to thread jack anyways, nice new sig Charles, good work Myke
Old 04-07-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
yeah man, the game is nuts.

MOTOGP was ok, but not when on the PS2. For xbox it was ok.

But this kicks!!! someone else buy it so i can kick your a$$

the bikes handle awesome. the front/rear brake thing is sweet. the game is good and challenging. you can low/high side really easy if you suck, so it's fairly realistic.

someone else buy it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I'll have it soon
Old 04-07-2006
Ask me about your mom.

Originally Posted by Pharoh
I'll have it soon
SWEET

it's such a good game. I can't say enough about it. hehehe

honestly, you race based 100% on skill.

when you want a bike, you have to race the computer on the same bike (and he has at least a 7 second lead on you). You have to overtake and stay infront of him for 10 seconds. the whole thing is based on skill, instead of bike strength.

Like, in GT you could just win the F1 cars and smoke everyone, or just get a better car and smoke everyone. This time it's actually based more on skill. It's awesome!

I can't wait to go home and play it.
Old 04-08-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tekgnosis
SWEET

it's such a good game. I can't say enough about it. hehehe

honestly, you race based 100% on skill.

when you want a bike, you have to race the computer on the same bike (and he has at least a 7 second lead on you). You have to overtake and stay infront of him for 10 seconds. the whole thing is based on skill, instead of bike strength.

Like, in GT you could just win the F1 cars and smoke everyone, or just get a better car and smoke everyone. This time it's actually based more on skill. It's awesome!

I can't wait to go home and play it.
sounds awsome. whats the sound like? and how many point of views do you get in play?
Old 04-08-2006
Ask me about your mom.

three points of view. 3rd person, from behind the windscreen, and from the front wheel.

the sound is decent. you can tell the difference between a big honkin v-twin, and a ricy inline four. pretty sweet.

I'm just over 20% done...I have all golds in the first 3 of 4 licenses. I've also got 2/10 golds for the fourth license

the races are so fun. You start behind the bikes with a running start.

can't wait to go and play it again.

enough posting, time to play.