Test drove the CSX ( DROOOOOLLLLLLLLL)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Talking Test drove the CSX ( DROOOOOLLLLLLLLL)

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=235851

this is for jim
Old 11-23-2005
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
hehehe sweetness

toldja it would be pimp!

alas..my car lives, so I won't get one until she dies.

HID's = the bomb
Old 11-23-2005

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tekgnosis
hehehe sweetness

toldja it would be pimp!

alas..my car lives, so I won't get one until she dies.

HID's = the bomb

I can arrange that 4 you!!!!!!
anyhow its not a street racer but it is a perfect combo they put out finnally
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
$28g's ... to me too much for this class of car.

I could get a 4 cylinder Accord for that, much more car considering - even if I still wanted HID .. could slap one in for $700 or so aftermarket.

My dad got his V6 02 special edition back in 02 for less than $28k. With tax it was only $32k.

So considering that and the difference between cars, 155hp to 200hp. Larger car, more room etc ...
Old 11-23-2005
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
...but it's an acura.

HID's, heated leather, paddle shifting, and on and on.

accords are a family type of sedan (bigger in size).

the CSX trumps it in my books...it's a way nicer car in both interior and exterior.

it's kinda like comparing chocolate and ****...not really the same playing field.
Old 11-23-2005

Guess what ....

We bought One

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=235935
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

Acura ... that badging means ****.

It is simply still a civic ... and I'd choose the bigger class car over that, especially if its the same price or the bigger car being cheaper.

So despite the fact that they are different classes, the price puts them in the same class. I'm not willing to spend $28k on a civic. I'd rather take that and spend $26k on a SI, and add in aftermarket leather, hid ... but even that is too much
Old 11-24-2005

The SiR was about 26 grand in 05 and honestly the bigger acuras are more expensive the TSX is just too much money...

The one we are getting has evrerything, im sure they will sell well
Old 11-24-2005
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
It's a nice car, but I'm disapointed you thought your drop was a POS on your '05 It looked good dude, ANyways I can't wait to see it! What colour did you decide on and when do you get it?
Old 11-25-2005

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
It's a nice car but I agree with Mikey. I'd get an IS300 over that car anyday of the week
Old 11-25-2005

Originally Posted by Si2NV
It's a nice car but I agree with Mikey. I'd get an IS300 over that car anyday of the week
This is the problem....

I have to buy it brand new... and an IS is how much new guys????????
Old 11-25-2005

Originally Posted by DnarahP
It's a nice car, but I'm disapointed you thought your drop was a POS on your '05 It looked good dude, ANyways I can't wait to see it! What colour did you decide on and when do you get it?
The drop was just to low for me .... I scrapped everywhere , broke my sideskirt cracked the front lip etc etc etc ...

cant even go to a camping ground..

also i bent a tie rod (Honda replaced ) and they said hey well do it once and thats it ...

this new car has a sport tuned suspension so all ill add are HFP 17's in gunmetal and a spoiler ...

im also selling the newsport springs
Old 11-25-2005

yeah so WHAT COLOUR DID YOU GET!!!
Old 11-25-2005

Proly faking silver again.....

Black is just a real pain in th **** im told
Old 11-25-2005

Don't get silver again, and if you DO at least get charcoal.
Old 11-25-2005
Registered!!

The IS300, would be the old model ... so it is not the new generation one that just came out - you can probably find it used for about the same price as a CSX. However, it is used though so you take your chances.

The new IS350, with sports package would run you $53,000, plus tax (about $61,000 msrp)

The new IS250, with sports package would run you $48,000, plus tax (about $56,000)

The CSX is $28,000, is that with taxes or without ? If it without taxes then that car is now about $32,200.

There is obviously a difference in price, but there is also a huge difference in car from a Civic to a Lexus (even base for that matter).

TSX's and cars like that also are even worse for that because their price is even closer to the Luxury car prices such as A4 2.0T, the IS250, the BMW 323 sedan and the C230 Mercedes Benz.

Lexus
The base IS250, with no package (base model) would run you $36,300, plus tax (about $41,745)

BMW
Lets look at the BMW 323 sedan base price at $35,200, plus tax (about $40,480)
http://www.bmw.ca/com/en/index_highend.html

Mercedes Benz
Lets look at the Benz 230 sedan base price at $38,450, plus tax (about $44,217)
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=3208

Audi
The Audi 2.0T will run you $35,970, plus tax (about $41,365)
http://www.audicanada.ca/model_home/...ystyle=a4sedan

Now compare those prices to the TSX base model, which taxable price is $36,330 plus tax (about $41,779)
http://www.honda.ca/AcuraEng/Models/...dYourAcura.htm

Really is it worth it to buy a TSX ? I mean not to diss Acura automaking, but it simply doesn't compare to a BMW, Benz, Audi or Lexus.

A TSX will never smoke any of those cars in style and class. It simple isn't in the same class of car, yet priced as an equal.

That is one reason why I would never buy a TSX, even though I love the look and think it is an amazing looking car - but it is just so close to other cars that are much more luxurious and classy.

The CSX, is great, but I get the same feeling - its just simply in my opinion a rebadged Civic - with a few more perks - which your paying for anyways in the price. Thats not really a deal, cause your paying for it.

Now let me compare it to other cars in more of its price range that I would take before the CSX.

Honda Accord Coupe, base price $26,300, plus tax (about $30,245)
http://www.honda.ca/Honda/Models/Acc...efault.asp?L=E

Toyota Solara, base price $27,645 plus tax (about $31,791)

Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V base model price $23,312 plus tax (about $26,808)
http://www.nissan.ca/en/buying/confi...VG56#topOfPage

So those are a few I would choose before I went with CSX, totally my opinion tho ... :P

Last edited by WhiteHalf; 11-25-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2005

thats a great post and at 27 500 plus tax i think im getting alot of car for the money
all those extras yeah you pay upfront
but how mny have put money in aftermarket HID alarms trunk openers, leather heated seats loll

man its a sweet faking car to have period at that price.
yeah it looks like a civic and you know what its really the JDM civic so there ill be driving a JDM spec civic with a k20a3
so no need to swap