Paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Paint

K guys I have a guy I work with that is in desperate need of a little touch up on his car. He has 2 pretty bad scratches on his door (right down to the metal) and needs someone to do the work for him. The problem is he has a pretty custome paint. He has a newer precidia and what he calls a candy apple red...it also has red sparkles in it. He knows that matching this up will be hard and is willing to do a "quick" fix just to cover it up. He is planning for a new paint job in the spring anyways so the colour does not have to match 100%. So if anyone knows of places in Ottawa that would be able to take the time and try to get a close match let me know.
Old 10-05-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Take it a place that has the DuPont color match system.It's like a camera they put it against the paint and it reads the paint codes to a computer.I'm sure that will work.I know CARSTAR has one.
Old 10-05-2005

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
Take it a place that has the DuPont color match system.It's like a camera they put it against the paint and it reads the paint codes to a computer.I'm sure that will work.I know CARSTAR has one.
Thanks I'll let him know. I know he is not looking to spend a fourtune...just a few bucks to get it fixed till next spring when the new paint goes on
Old 10-06-2005
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
If he's looking for a "quick fix" I wouldn't goto Carstar (Sorry Shane) They won't do half assed work. and they won't do "quick fixes" They might be able to refer you to someone, Shane get on this topic boi!
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

Shaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
yo yo...well to start the computer is called a SPECTROPHOTOMETER LOL crazy i still remember that from collage and it takes five pictures of the panel and comes up with a paint code....but if its a custum paint job wouldnt he have the code ??? if he does give it to me and i'll mix up some paint.....and if I feel nice i might do the job for him.....and no i wouldnt go to carstar(MY WORK) because we are a collision repair shop not a custum paint shop.but if he doesnt have the code which i dont think he does because then you would know the paint code,then i would have to see it and use me crazy skills...lol.....and find a match.but if he's going to repaint it then why would he care what color it is as long as its close.anyway let me know i guess.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Shaneer
yo yo...well to start the computer is called a SPECTROPHOTOMETER LOL crazy i still remember that from collage and it takes five pictures of the panel and comes up with a paint code....but if its a custum paint job wouldnt he have the code ??? if he does give it to me and i'll mix up some paint.....and if I feel nice i might do the job for him.....and no i wouldnt go to carstar(MY WORK) because we are a collision repair shop not a custum paint shop.but if he doesnt have the code which i dont think he does because then you would know the paint code,then i would have to see it and use me crazy skills...lol.....and find a match.but if he's going to repaint it then why would he care what color it is as long as its close.anyway let me know i guess.
U work in an auto paint shop? If so do u guys make those color matching spray paint?
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DDragon7
U work in an auto paint shop? If so do u guys make those color matching spray paint?
no guy,i work in a collision repair shop, we get our paint from PPG and they dont come in spray cans and we mix them ourselfs.
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
oh oops, do u know where I can get the eternal blue paint in a spray can in Ottawa?
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

oh oops, do u know where I can get the eternal blue paint in a spray can in Ottawa?
i can mix you up some paint if you want .....honda paint doesnt come in cans dude.you have to concider that the eternal paint has pearl in it and would be very hard to keep it mixed properly no what i mean guy.no matter how much you shake the sh*t out of it it wont be the same an the psi out of the can would be differnt then say out of my HVLP gun...Why do you want the paint,for touch ups or something else? let me know guy
Old 10-10-2005
Registered!!

Jus for like touch up n paint some other stuff in the future, like repainting my wiper arms, and maybe eyelids if I get some.
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

alright next week ill mix you up some touch up paint but you have to come to the meet on friday to get it
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

Thx, I apperciate it but dont need it jus yet, ill pm u when I need it. Btw will it be in a can?
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

will it be in a can?
no its a little bottle with like a womans nail painting brush thingy.it holds about three oz
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shaneer
no its a little bottle with like a womans nail painting brush thingy.it holds about three oz
Oh, sorry man, dont need that. I saw those in Canadian Tire. Plus I also got a touch up pen.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

no dude its what we put the left over paint in after we paint the car,its not the **** from crappy tire.it the only thing we put it in.but whatever,sall good