Need Tinting...again lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Mark- is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Tinting...again lol

Hey, I've been doing some window-tinting shopping lol. And the prices after tax are like $230-$350, and I'm just wondering....is there any other ways to get your car tinted than by taking it to like Pearl auto care, and all the other places.. I remember telling me that Pierre knows someone that does tinting, anyone know about this?

Thanks a lot
-MArk
Old 02-02-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I hear that Goldwing is really good too. I was gonna take my new one there when I get it.
Old 02-02-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Well if someone buys the Paper I can tint perfectly excep the rear window...

Where can you buy good tint nowaday's
Old 02-03-2005

skiboard is on a distinguished road
Hmm I say pay $200 and go do it in the shop. cause what ever goes wrong like colour fade, bubbles, cracks , they will redo it any time. it's one time job for your ride so it's worth it to spend $200. or if you can talk in to the guys, I did mine at $200 cash
Old 02-03-2005
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
I got mine done by my buddy steph for like 170 he does not have a shop he comes too you I can give him a call if you like
Old 02-03-2005

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sparky009
I got mine done by my buddy steph for like 170 he does not have a shop he comes too you I can give him a call if you like

Put me down for your friend..

Is he excellent?????
I want a super job like the tint shops....
Old 02-04-2005
JdMsPark009

look at my car he did mine I will give you his #
Old 02-04-2005

Hey i made a few calls and apparently LUMAR is an excellent product??

What do you think Pierre or any others????
Old 02-04-2005
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

E®ik will become famous soon enoughE®ik will become famous soon enough
^ I think your mama's hot
Old 02-04-2005

You think my Momma's hot??? Man she could rip your di(ck off with her *** cheeks if she wanted too...

Ok im doing all 6 windows on my 05 with LUMAR tint I cant do the back one cuz I suck at that so Pierre give me your friends number and if he is really good ill get him to do the rear and ill pay him good....

BTW what should I go with as for percentage???

20% all aroung or 35% all around???

let me know
Old 02-04-2005
JdMsPark009

I got 4% in the rear and 15% all around so for you it would be 5% for the back window and the little side windows on the rear doors and 15% on the sides but I think in Quebec you can't tint you front doors Im not to sure on that but it is something you should check into before you start..
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
im tinting mine in the spring...........im REALLy picky on the type of tint im gonna get.............i know what it looks like, not i just need to find a shop that has that kinda tint..........i think im gonna go to goldwing or pearl ....probably 35% all around for me.......im a fan of lighter tint and not getting hastled by the cops
Old 02-04-2005

k-man, Landin and myself both have quantum, (and the darkest one that they make) They have lighter ones, and it looks amazing when it's cloudy outside becasue there is a metallic film inside the tint that reflects all the clouds and suck back, so it's really nice. Pearl does that style.

Check out our galleries for pics
Old 02-04-2005

Ok well I puchased from Durand some Lumar Tint 25% so it gonna be 25 all around jsut because im in Gatineau and the pigs here are pretty strict..So I want a Factory tinted look..
Hey Eric I know the film your talkin about and they wanted 7 bucks a foot so I said fawk that man..and also because of its metallic properties i ma 100 % sure id get stopped right away..anyways ill post pics of my week-end project...

Im actually taking the door panels and windows off the car to do it ..Yeah im not a pro but its gonna be a pro job...
Old 02-04-2005

Awsome Marc, can't wait to see the end result.
Old 02-04-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sparky009
but I think in Quebec you can't tint you front doors Im not to sure on that but it is something you should check into before you start..
Legally, the tint in Quebec for the front windows is only supposed to be 70% .. let me tell you, I don't know anyone who tints it *that* lightly. I mean there looks to be no point for it. Most people I know put 50% in the front with no hassles.. some with 35% get hassled, but still get off.. lower than that and you are risking getting hassled. Hell a friend of mine gets hassled.. though his blue tint is like 17%
Old 02-05-2005
Registered!!

Hmmmm, yeah, I'm thinking its probably better to just go to Pearl or someone like that afterall...cuz if my tint gets damaged...I dont have the cash to get it fixed, i like the lifetime warranty idea...does anyone know if any of the honda dealerships tint....I got a civic sedan 02 DX model...
Old 02-05-2005
Registered!!

OK, I just talked to the tinting guy at Derand...and he was really pushing this Millenium tint, that is silver. I have a silver civic....And I think it would look hot, but its gonna be about $100 more than a quantum tint.

He told me quantum tint is garbage, since it has a slight green look to it, and since you can somehow instantly tell there is tint when your on the inside, as opposed to millenium, because with millenium tint, you cant tell that there is any tint when looking from the inside....

What do i do guys !!!!
These tinting people are playing with my mind lol

-MArk
Old 02-05-2005
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
ive heard bad things about derand man, personally i would stay away
Old 02-05-2005

Originally Posted by -Mark-
OK, I just talked to the tinting guy at Derand...and he was really pushing this Millenium tint, that is silver. I have a silver civic....And I think it would look hot, but its gonna be about $100 more than a quantum tint.

He told me quantum tint is garbage, since it has a slight green look to it, and since you can somehow instantly tell there is tint when your on the inside, as opposed to millenium, because with millenium tint, you cant tell that there is any tint when looking from the inside....

What do i do guys !!!!
These tinting people are playing with my mind lol

-MArk

Hey Mark this is the other Marc...
Me and Catherine went to Derand and the Silver tint is awsome but is just too much money for me right now ..They charge 200 for Lumar tint plus taxes and 300 plus taxes for the Silver Lumar tint...

I got the reg tint 35% (Lumar) for all of the windows for 75 bucks..Its 3 bucks a foot for reg Lumar and 6 per foot for the silverish tint....

If you got the cash then do it but im a cheap son of a bitch and rather do it myself...Im gonna try doing the rear window myself also ....

Let us know what you do...
Old 02-05-2005

Originally Posted by k-man
ive heard bad things about derand man, personally i would stay away
Hey you know what your right on that....my friend..We actually got no service at all when we went there....

Daruchi is his last name BTW and a while back he was a big big spender flashing his cash around etc etc....He actually looks burnt out today BTW..His shop doesn't really look like a pro accesories shop..anymore..

He is all hands on on evrything and quotes all the prices for everything ..He has no staff and now drives an accent..His mustang Gt convertable was tottaled.. Its like you can see that he's come down from his high ways....

Doesn't matter who you are but if you make a dollar and spend a dollar 50 your gonna go down the tubes...
Old 02-05-2005

Mark .... Derand is overpriced. What that guy told you about quantum is bullshit. and I'm speaking from experience, as you know I have this tint. From the inside, it will look like ANY other tint job. The millenium tint will FADE after a few years and DISCOLOUR. you do not want that.

You goto any tint place and ask them about quantum, they will tell you is a good tint. This green colour he is talking about is a lie. It has a metallic colour to it .... and I assure you it is not green. He doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm sure if you asked him if the millenium tint will fade, he would have told you no .... again thats a lie.

dude stay away from derand
Old 02-05-2005

Originally Posted by DnarahP
Mark .... Derand is overpriced. What that guy told you about quantum is bullshit. and I'm speaking from experience, as you know I have this tint. From the inside, it will look like ANY other tint job. The millenium tint will FADE after a few years and DISCOLOUR. you do not want that.

You goto any tint place and ask them about quantum, they will tell you is a good tint. This green colour he is talking about is a lie. It has a metallic colour to it .... and I assure you it is not green. He doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm sure if you asked him if the millenium tint will fade, he would have told you no .... again thats a lie.

dude stay away from derand
Yeah Ive learned my lesson actually
Old 02-07-2005

Hey the tinting is finished and it looks really hot..I took all the windows off the car and tinted them perfectly..They look like they came out of the manufacturer that way....

all i have left is the rear glass and I guess im not too good in doing that so ill check my options......
Old 02-07-2005

Hey the tinting is finished and it looks really hot..I took all the windows off the car and tinted them perfectly..They look like they came out of the manufacturer that way....

all i have left is the rear glass and I guess im not too good in doing that so ill check my options......