Mission : Lower the sedans, Accomplished

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skiboard is on a distinguished road
it's all good, it will be fixed evantually so dont worry about it
ahh it's damn low that I scrape bottom of my front bumber everytime I go into gas stations or driveway lol
thanks for your help today! dont feel bad that it didnt go as what we thought, it's fixable

Edit : do we just need one of #9 on this pic rite?
Old 10-03-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
hmm ski im not sure...if those are seperate pieces then technically they should be able to separate. Julian or jim u guys have any input on this. We got everything back together on the fronts, but the spring would skip around when he turned his wheel. (only the passenger front) So we took it out, and i noticed that his uppermount was separated in between #9 and #10. I could push the spring down a bit on one side where it separated, so i figured that was the problem. Like once its together the pieces should move together as a unit correct? Its hard to explain, but i hope u get what im trying to say. I just dont see how they could be listed as separate pieces, because they would not move together. Man im prolly making no sense at all.
Ski: go find out how much the pieces are at honda. If they are really expensive they wait till i can find out forshure what you need. IF they are cheap then just get them, cuz the old ones looked beat up anyways. And PLEASE take it easy on the car till we can get things figured out!
Old 10-03-2004
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
can't wait to see the lowerage ski... hopefully my lower job this weekend will make the car look quite p.i.m.p
Old 10-03-2004

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
It is a seperate piece I believe. I would PM liljoe and ask him for his imput. Ski you should get that **** fixed asap. Not good riding around on busted things. Next time landin try using nutbuster. They sell it at dow honda. The only place I have seen it. Better then liquid wrench. Will take the paint off a car. Works good on rusted bolts.

BTW Landin did you trim #8. The plastic piece that goes over the shock? I see the 2 J's doing it on every lower job they do.

Last edited by Tofast4me; 10-03-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^toofast...it wasnt that it was rusted, its that its seized to the bushing...not much you can do in that case except torch it out. I try the ballbuster **** next time tho! No i didnt trim the bump stop. It wasnt done on mine, so i didnt do it on his....figured id save the trouble, and if he ever wants to go back stock then he can. I didnt notice anything wrong with my car when it was lowered so i left his alone! We gunna fix it up tomorrow so he should be good to go.

dayum noe everyone is gunna think i cant work on cars!! ahhh oh well...i can still have fun doing stuff to my car in my garage
Old 10-03-2004
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
what happened exactly? did that #9 piece seperate? was it filled with tiny ball bearings? if so technically it shouldn't seperate, but it can happen. I know it happened when Julian and Jeremy did Mart's springs. They managed to find all the ball bearings in the grass clean em, oil em, and put it back together.
Old 10-03-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^we put the assembly together...put everything back on...and ski took it for a test drive. He said there was a popping noise, and sure enuf the spring would skip around on the perch a little bit. So we took it out to see what the deal was, and then i noticed the small separation in his mount. Its not full, so all the ***** didnt fall out, but i know its not supposed to be like that....doest make any sense.
Old 10-04-2004

just bought a new one $35 lets hope that it will fix the problem
Old 10-04-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Well hope everything works out guys, Ski you better post up picks!!! Landin, dude I would let you work on my car ANYTIME, if it breaks, then I get it fixed no biggie!

You just happened to get a car that had "attitude"
Old 10-04-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^yahya its all good! Im prolly meeint up with him soon to fix it up, and we got some co(k breaker or whatever!
edit no its sac twister...oh wait...groin freeup....ahhh

Last edited by Big Baller L; 10-04-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2004

^nut Buster
Old 10-04-2004
I Love Lamp

LMAO... that's gold
Old 10-04-2004

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Landin I was not saying to use the nutbuster on the spring. You mentioned somethin was rusted on. I was saying to use the nut buster on rusted parts.
Old 10-04-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^nono i understood that....its the rear right suspension bolt. Its not rusted its just seized to the rubber bushing inside the rear strut. Its a known problem with some cars...for some reason the rear right one seizes to the bushing, and when you try to turn the bolt, the bushing prevents it from moving. So toching the bolt is one way to get em out.
edit: i bet the buster would work better than liquid wrench...thats what I use, but it doesnt seem to doo much....where can i get a can again too fast?

Last edited by Big Baller L; 10-04-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2004

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I get it from Dow Honda. It's not the cheapest stuff, but it works waaay better than liquid wrench. Spray it on, let it soak for a bit, and that rusted bolt thats been givin you a hard time all weekend almost falls of by itself
Old 10-05-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

well the new bearing went in today and it worked like butter!
nut buster didnt work on the bushing bolt so torch it is!
im so happy the new bearing worked...was a sign of relief
Old 10-05-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
^ good stuff! I would still trust you with my steed and even if you did mess something up I wouldnt hold you liable!
Old 10-05-2004

We Want Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2004

^^ ah haha hold on, I will get some pic firstthing tomorro

I scraped BIG TIME comming back home today, I can see the blue fiberglass under the paint damn it, gonna touch up paint tomorro

Last edited by skiboard; 10-05-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2004
I Love Lamp

yes... please... dying to see what it looks like lower... so maybe i can get an idea of what my car will look like lowered after this weekend
Old 10-06-2004
Back from the dead

Liro is an unknown quantity at this point
skiboard...the car has been dropped? i wanna see pics....ooo ooo
Old 10-06-2004

here's some pic. it's not great pics but I will try posting good ones tonite
it's lowered with Neuspeed sports and I only lowered front cause I couldnt take the bolt off the rear(it's comming dont worry). but somehow, because of my heavy *** subbox, rear looks lowered as well. I am afraid that back of my my sideskirts will touch the ground if I throw the lowering springs on
anyways I love it!! thanks Landin for all your help!!!

and here's Abe's ride

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	137_3799.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	39496   Click image for larger version

Name:	137_3800.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	39497   Click image for larger version

Name:	138_3801.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	39498   Click image for larger version

Name:	138_3802.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	39499   Click image for larger version

Name:	138_3803.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	39500  

Click image for larger version

Name:	137_3796.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	39501  
Old 10-06-2004
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
that looks sick!! good job guys!
Old 10-06-2004
Back from the dead

you guys did the spring install yourself? damn!
Old 10-06-2004
Back from the dead

btw..the car is really coming along john!
Old 10-06-2004

Old 10-06-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
John, I think you need wheels hehe.

Abe, I think you need wheels hehe

lol
Old 10-06-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
^agreed

Abe & Won Young: I know a guy thats selling some FF7's maybe one of you guys are interested!
Old 10-06-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
i know a gut too, damn if only he would agree to finance them
Old 10-06-2004

lol cars look good guys! John get to midas or wherever and get that bolt torched off, and replaced so we can get those rear springs on...

can you say SNOW PLOW!!!!!! Mr. Plow, thats my name, that name again is mr. plow

Quick Reply: Mission : Lower the sedans, Accomplished