Windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Question Windshield replacement

What's a good place in Ottawa to go get my windshield replaced?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2004
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
not too sure about on the Ottawa side, but i know a few people who went to "Lebeau, vitre d'auto" in hull
Old 09-04-2004

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Do you know the street address for that? And how much did it cost approximately?
Old 09-04-2004

Nevermind, I found the address... Anything closer? I will have to get it done ASAP. Thanks
Old 09-04-2004

They're on Montcalm in hull... as for how much, i have no idea, you'd have to call. # is 776-3186
Old 09-04-2004

just did a search for ya and came up with a few in Ottawa

Eric's Auto Glass & Trim 613-741-7860
5370 Canotek Road,
Gloucester, ON
K1J 9G1

Spartan Collision Corp 613-731-2475
1792 Bank Street,
Ottawa, ON
K1V 7Y6

Ontario Auto Glass 613-728-6241
A-1484 Scott Street,
Ottawa, ON
K1Y 2N4

Southbank Auto Glass 613-731-1970
1255 Johnston Road,
Ottawa, ON
K1V 8Z1

Speedy Glass 613-523-7692
1166 Heron Road,
Ottawa, ON
K1V 6B2

Speedy Glass 613-599-8711
500 Eagleson Road,
Kanata, ON
K2M 1H4

Speedy Glass 613-837-0623
2006 St Joseph Bl,
Orleans, ON
Old 09-04-2004

heyyy, nice! Thanks man. I was gonna search, but thought maybe people had some recommendations.. Thanks anyhow
Old 09-04-2004

anyways, looks like you're new to the website! so welcome and what do you drive?
Old 09-04-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

E®ik will become famous soon enoughE®ik will become famous soon enough
Yeah man welcome to the site! Sounds like your either driving with no windshield, or a reall badly cracked one

what happened?
Old 09-04-2004

haha thanks, looks like a friendly environment here

I actually don't have the car yet, but buying it very soon. It's a 92 civic HB (I know, it's not a 7th gen :P but I heard about this forum from a few ppl). The windshield is cracked, so I have to get it replaced before I can get the safety check. I'm getting an amazing deal on it from a friend, so that's why I'm going through all this trouble.
Old 09-04-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the site man, Sorry non of us have any direct recomandations for a place for windshield, non of us have had their cracked (knock on wood).

92 civics are nice, hope u like the car, if u need any help dont be afraid to ask
Old 09-04-2004
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
I know it is late but call Ph vitre auto they are the cheapest and they will come to you
Old 09-05-2004

where is Ph vitre auto located?
Old 09-05-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by player
Welcome to the site man, Sorry non of us have any direct recomandations for a place for windshield, non of us have had their cracked (knock on wood).

92 civics are nice, hope u like the car, if u need any help dont be afraid to ask

Mine has a small scar but not bad enough to get the thing replaced
Old 09-05-2004
JdMsPark009

in Hull if you can wait ubtill Tuesday I can get you all the info including the price
Old 09-05-2004

Originally Posted by Alhoro
in Hull if you can wait ubtill Tuesday I can get you all the info including the price
yea that would be nice, I have to wait until after Labour day anyway, so may as well see what my options are...

How far is the place in Hull? I live in West end. If it's too far, I think I'm gonna go with either Spartan Collision Corp. or Speedy Glass, they both look like pretty solid firms.
Old 09-06-2004
JdMsPark009

Yo they will come to you for no extra charge I had mine replaced in the parking lot of my work..................

what kind of civic do you have????????2dr 4dr etc
Old 09-06-2004

^ i think it's a 92 hatch
Old 09-06-2004

yea the car I'm getting is a 92 hatchback..

so they will come to whatever address I give them for no charge? Even if they're all the way in Hull and I'm in Centrepointe? lol

hook me up with some info pls Well on Tuesday, like you said.. thx
Old 09-06-2004
JdMsPark009

I will my buddys wife works there and so did he for a while so I will get you a great price.
Old 09-07-2004
JdMsPark009

Ok dude this is what you need to do:

Call Tonia at PH vitre auto 246-0440 Tell her that your are a friend of Pierre from Dicom your the guy with the 92 Honda hatch back.....

Your price quote with tax's in installed at your home or office with all new clips and molding is:

266.27 and if you want that little bit od hazw tint on the top it is 20 $ more but if you are tintining your car just put on a eyebrow for 15$

I hope this helps
Old 09-07-2004

^^Honnestly dood! You are the best!!!!
Old 09-07-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
hey noise i live right around you're area too! I wonder if ive seen you around at all? Im in a silver sedan. Check members rides for pics! Thats cool tho, another person in centerpoint. Good luck with the windshield!
Old 09-07-2004

Alhoro you are GODLY

On a serious note, thanks a lot!! I have to work out time and place with my friend, and will call PH Vitre Auto either tomorrow or thursday. I don't speak a word in French though, hope it doesn't matter..lol
Old 09-07-2004

Originally Posted by Big Baller L
hey noise i live right around you're area too! I wonder if ive seen you around at all? Im in a silver sedan. Check members rides for pics! Thats cool tho, another person in centerpoint. Good luck with the windshield!
I doubt you've seen me because I've been driving a brown 99 Pontiac Grand Prix.. lol Your car looks familiar though, I'm sure I've seen it around. But yeah, I can't wait to get the car so I can start working on it. Been wanting to do that for a long time now..

It's nice to know some ppl around this area for sure.. You guys get together at Timmy's on fridays too eh..? I know a few ppl who hang out with you I think - Julian (dont know his screenname here) and Kevin (wiliewrx). I used to work with Julian last summer, and Kev this summer.
Old 09-07-2004
JdMsPark009

kool kool If you dont speak french like I said ask for Tonia and she will fix you up and you should come out with us on Friday nights we eat at Local Heros and this way if you can come out that way it is another person to take there money in a round of air hockey HA Ha Ha
Old 09-08-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
ah, your a friend of julian, his screen name is liljoe. yeah man get the car and start coming out with us.
Old 09-08-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NoiSe
I doubt you've seen me because I've been driving a brown 99 Pontiac Grand Prix.. lol Your car looks familiar though, I'm sure I've seen it around.
Its cool man! but if I see you rolling around cpoint ill give you a shout!
Old 09-10-2004

It's done!!!!!!!! Woooooooo!!!!!

Did it this morning, rain screwed up all the plans yesterday... The guy was FAST too, took him like half an hour. I'm very pleased with the job. Alhoro, thank u very much!!

Now I just gotta knock down the price of the car.. heh. But seriously, that hatchback needs so much bodywork, it's ridiculous. If you were getting a car for 1500, what would be your expectations? lol Heres a short list of what needs to be done before winter:

Fix the front of the frame under the hood (doesn't close all the way)
Get new window seals (driver and passenger side)
Get rid of the rust on 2 fenders, and driver side door handle, and probably somewhere else
Replace windshield (done today)
Sand down the whole car and primer it
Clean up the mess called the interior (I've never seen such a dirty car in my LIFE.. plus white doesn't tend to stay clean in some ppl's hands.. )
Get rid of minor dents here and there

Honestly.. what do u guys think? At least $1000 eh? Maybe even less... I don't wanna pay $1500 considering all the work that needs to be done. The engine is perfectly fine though.
Old 09-10-2004

..oh and in case anyone's wondering what the car looks like, here are some year-old photos... that's when it used to be in good shape..

Quick Reply: Windshield replacement