Shopping Dilema (2nd page)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
Shopping Dilema (2nd page)

Whassup
I was in goldwing today, and asked freddy (the freddy at goldwing, not freddysi) about something i had bought a while ago. He then went on his computer and pulled up a whole buch of things for a civic, like invoices that he had sold, and started looking through them. I didnt know what they were at first, but then i realised that all of the invoices had my name next to them I started looking at them and realised how much money ive spent on my car...it made me sick to my stomach looking at all the prices next to the different invoices. It hurt to see all the money that has actually gone into this car, and i need some reinforcements. Who else has had this feeling before? I know alot of people have invested WAY more money into there cars, so i dont feel so bad. It just shocked me to see like 25 invoices with my name next to them

One tip: dont ever look at everything at once, it really overwhelmed me! Its probably better to just not think about it!

Last edited by Big Baller L; 08-14-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
welcome to the club dood, everyone is like that, that why i am not buying anything for my car, because i know i am not in the possition to spend to much on it. if i lower it then i will want a camber kit, then rims, then wheels, then new shocks, then i will want to make it lower........... and list keeps on going.

Think of it this way, u have one sick ride yo, and its not like u have any bills to pay
Old 08-09-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^true true, but my car doesnt even look that good to me! It looks boring! Maybe cuz i look at it everyday!
Old 08-09-2004
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
hehe at least you are buying things, not doing repairs to your car (my mechanic misses me since I got the Civic ) But as Player put it, you are never satisfied - you constantly try to out-do yourself. Its one of the reasons I am truly hesistant to fix up this beater...
Old 08-09-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Big Baller L
^true true, but my car doesnt even look that good to me! It looks boring! Maybe cuz i look at it everyday!

d00d...your car is stellar. I love it.

I was looking at all my invoices last night and then added in stuff I bought 2nd hand..like my seats. crazy.

More to come but I'm having fun
Old 08-09-2004
Registered!!

robbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man!!! Its me Robbie, I really enjoyed when we cruised last friday that was really cool....
Old 08-09-2004

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe.
ya, its pretty shocking when you start to add it up. I'm even a cheap bastard and buy most of my stuff used. But I have still spent a ridiculous amount of money on my car. I am sort of holding off a bit right now, deciding what to do/buy.
BTW; your car is awesome dude. I really like the look/setup you have going. I sometimes kick myself for not getting a sedan, I'm liking them more and more.
Old 08-09-2004
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
yeah, i've had that feeling too.... that's why i wana turn this damn switch off... but i can't!!!!
Old 08-09-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

thanks yall! Its nice to know im not the only one. Its hard to justify, but then when i really think about it ive learned soo much..met alot of chillin people, and had lots of fun doing it!
Robbie: thanks for commin out! We got some good fottage!
Julian: Thanks for the compliments. Ur car is really nice...i love the suspension mods and brakes! MMM!!! Its really slick! Wanna trade
Old 08-09-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
ya man...next year you can watch that and laugh as you see your car on tv going vrooooom without the psssshhhh. Then go out and get in the car that does
Old 08-10-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Baller! shut up BISH! your car is hott like fire man...if you are bored let's trade!
besides, at least you have something for the money you spent...think of the people that spend money to go to the movies non-stop,eat junk food everyday, arcades, gambling, drugs, alcohol etc.

Last edited by Si2NV; 08-10-2004 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Yeah Baller, your cars sick. Just keep doin what your doin... I'll catch up sooner or later
Old 08-10-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Thanks alot guys!!! i guess its all worth it in the end right
On another note today i was out of work early and i decided to try and fix my rear lip (melting) so i took a heat gun and started modling it back together. IM not sure if not it looks better or worse, so im gonna try again tomorrow for a bit, and if it doesnt work out i have 2 options.
1) Cut out the entire spot around the muffler (like telly did) and get my muffler extended to fill the gap
Or
2) buy a new lip and get it all painted etc etc...would be around 350 CAD painted and everything im guessing.

So any opinons?
Old 08-10-2004

I say go with option 1
Old 08-10-2004
Bobaganoosh!

either one works man...up to you
Old 08-10-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
i got the lip fully cut...now just gotta pony up some loot to extend the pipe.
Old 08-10-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

well i just tried to cut some more out in a rounded fashion and it looks better. I might leave it like this, and get my muff extended!
Telly: how much did they quote you? Or do u have a rough estimate? Like 70 bucks would be my guess.
Old 08-11-2004
Banned

williewrx is an unknown quantity at this point
you cant be serious

Since I have a sedan as well(that I think is boring because it has NO mods), your sedan looks sharp. Its not riced, its not "over-done" - it looks really good. The additions really accentuate what the car already is, thereby making it look nice! (Above subtle catogory but not in the hot category). Alot of sedans are overdone, and too much of nothing. Very few have what your sedan has.....class. (coming from an over 30 generation)

Anway thas my 2.5 cents. Even tho im not a honda owner.........

p.s. the BC Lions beat the Rens last week..............woo hooooo

I will be out this Friday

Willie
Old 08-14-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

SHOPPING DILEMA:
Whassup yall. Well i have a problem and i need some opinions. Here are my two options.
1) Buy Tokico Shocks to improve handling, and get a carbon fibre OEM hood
2) Buy full B+G coilovers to drastically improve handling and stop ghetto bounce

Both of my options cost around the same price, so what would you do??
Old 08-14-2004
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
i thought you were saving up for turbo...
Old 08-14-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by Big Baller L
SHOPPING DILEMA:
Whassup yall. Well i have a problem and i need some opinions. Here are my two options.
1) Buy Tokico Shocks to improve handling, and get a carbon fibre OEM hood
2) Buy full B+G coilovers to drastically improve handling and stop ghetto bounce

Both of my options cost around the same price, so what would you do??
I already told you what I think..hehe
Old 08-14-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
ummmmm option 3...turbo
Old 08-14-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

hahah dont worry bout turbo...i need to fix my struts...my handling sucks, and bouncy bouncy...
i think imma go with the b+g...do it right the 1st time...well second time
Old 08-14-2004

Your struts are blown?? When did this happen dude?
Old 08-15-2004

in that case go B+G
Old 08-15-2004
Bobaganoosh!

B+G Owns J00...you were bouncing like a super ball off the bumps tonight. Time for a fix...good call.
Old 08-15-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^ i know man...i almost got whiplash
i dunno when it happend, but its getting worse. I need to save my struts as fast as I can so I can possibly put them on with my stock springs and maybe go to honda in the winter when my car will look pretty much stock!
Im ordering on monday, cant wait
Old 08-15-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
what kinda springs do u have now ?
Old 08-15-2004

Landin now you gonna be able to ghetto drop your car. when do you get the B&G's?
Old 08-15-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

neuspeed springs. Yah i wanna drop prolly around 2-2.5 inches...maybe more depending on ground clearance, and how the handling is. I wanna tuck my tires

Quick Reply: Shopping Dilema (2nd page)