Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

need opinons and help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luv2drv is an unknown quantity at this point
need opinons and help please

ok i have a d17a2 i just rebuilt on the cheap cause mine spun a bearing,

my new one is completely oem except it was bored 75.5 and arp rod bolts the head was shaved 30 thou zeal said it would give me 10.9.1 cp idk i dont even no if there will be p2v issues too late now though !! and the machine shop balanced it from pressure plate to my crank pulley , and i got valve springs stage 1 cam cr
oh and i/h/e every thing else oem

my ? is can i use type s injectors cause i have some laying around would they even help ? and i have the same ? about the aem fic i got one of those too i no i dont even need any of this stuff but i already had it for plans of a turbo setup, butt engine broke so i used the only 1300 i had to my name to due what was listed above so i can atleast get around, any way if guys think any of this stuff would be usefull to me or its usless let me no ill be putting the engine together this week and hope to have it running buy sat thanks
Old 11-24-2011
Registered!!

Re: need opinons and help please

another ? im about to re assemble the head and im thinking i want to gasket match it my self , but im nervouse cause the exhaust ports are so small, and they have alot of potential to be larger, butt im also thinking there like that for reason will it hurt any thing to open them up thanks
Old 11-24-2011
Registered!!

also i no the newer years of our cars is wide band type o2 does any one no if there is any dff with the stage one cam or any theroys? i mean does it give better readings when the ecu is learning/calibrating idk i have the one that came with my car 02 and i have one that came with the engine i got 05 ecu are they the same ? even if i have to go get new 02 sensor i will if its better, since i have both and caint afford anything but stock wich would u use and wich is better if at all thanks
Old 11-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The stock wideband 02s are $550 and I've never seen any evidence that they improve performance. It wouldn't make sense to upgrade to those, since they're equivalent to half the cost of k-pro.

I wouldn't attempt a DIY port job period, but I especially wouldn't attempt it without stand alone engine management. When you port the head you fundamentally change the flow of the engine, it can have a big impact and if you're too aggressive the FIC will not be able to adjust.
Old 11-24-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
The stock wideband 02s are $550 and I've never seen any evidence that they improve performance. It wouldn't make sense to upgrade to those, since they're equivalent to half the cost of k-pro.

I wouldn't attempt a DIY port job period, but I especially wouldn't attempt it without stand alone engine management. When you port the head you fundamentally change the flow of the engine, it can have a big impact and if you're too aggressive the FIC will not be able to adjust.
thanks for the info 550 def out of the ? i wouldnt had done it at 150, i had no idea they were that much, and thanks for the advise on the porting my friend is pressuring me to do it cause everything is out and he has the propper stuff, hes one of those do every thing your self kinda guys, but i no he dont no nothin about tunning or anything about our cars really he just offered and im a desperate fool ,so im glad i asked cause i got to work with what i got. thanks alot

also i have a ? about claying do i have to have the head gasket on and do the bolts need to be tightend to spec thanks or a quik run down would be great thanks
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Ugh nothing goes as planned I keep finding my self tring to add more and more with no funds anyway I didn't get the engine together liked planed theres a couple of things I wanna do yet, and still some ? Like I read on hear there is and issue with oil psi pushing oil away from the bearings it also stated and aftermaket evaporate would take care of this?idk what this means like a catch can ? Also if what I read is true does this mean aftermarket oil pump or high flow like the kms does this make things worse or better I'm really nervous and ready to put this thing together so I've been reading alot I broke the original engine do to bearing failure and everything was stock , and cause I'll I do is auto x and road race at the same time using the same vehicle to get to the events, i no this is a budget build and mostly oem parts but I need this to be bullet proof not powerful or fast bullet proof , if any one could chime in I'd be thankful phil
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

baffa75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Civic Peeps!!....

As for i am a nOOb to the forum...but not to civic...none the less HONDA!!....my first civic was a 94 ex coupe....very clean and nice....will post some pics later on...once i get a hand on this forum....but my next civic..is planned to be a 03 ex/lx sedan...my wonder is if one can fit a double-din unit into these EM2's??....if so.....DETAILS!!!!....PLEASE.....really want to fit the AVIC from PIONEER that i have on hand!!......thanks i really appreciate any details for this!!....
Old 12-15-2011
Registered!!

i read on some build notes from some one else that for every .012 shaved or .010 shaved from the head the cam timming should be retarded 1 degree can anyone confirm this and does this apply to the d17 ? and if so wolud the factory ecu tolerate this thanks