Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Stafford Fabrications... lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Stafford Fabrications... lol

You OG guys remember when that turbo kit was a big deal back on 7thgencivic.com, right? A while back, I bought an SF kit used off another member here, ditched the in-line pump included, then a year and a half later of nothing but trouble, I took it off.

Well, lately, I've been getting the turbo itch. It sucks because I don't quite have the funds to boost my car again, but I want to. I've been reading A LOT, and I think I'm almost confident enough to boost my car, assuming the proper funds exist to do so. Hell, I'd be happy breaching 200whp with my car, but I digest

Well, today, I decided to take the dirty *** t3 super 60, take the housings off, and clean her up all nice and pretty. I bought a turbo rebuild kit off ebay a while back, so I swapped out the old hardware for the new (just housing bolts and retaining plates).

Name:  SDC13271.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  84.3 KB
OOooOOoOooohh! Shiny!!!

While cleaning out the 5-bolt flange to downpipe connector, I noticed there was a bit of the engine degreaser leaking onto my hand. When I sprayed it with a hose, it appeared to be a full-fledged hole. I ground the downpipe connector off of the 5-bolt flange (so I can get the **** custom fabbed later on), and lo and behold.. yes. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves

Name:  SDC13266.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  85.0 KB

Name:  SDC13268.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  78.7 KB
Purple painter's tape to show the hole.. Doesn't even look like they tried to get a good weld all the way around the pipe

Oh the quality that was stafford fab's..

I think if/when (really a matter of when..) I decide to boost my car again, the only things I'm re-using from the kit is the Garrett T3 Super 60 and the FMIC.. Everything else can go *** a goat..

The welds really look like my little brother's VERY FIRST welding attempts when he was in high school metal shop..

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 05-29-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2010
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stafford Fabrications... lol

I am still boosting with the SF kit 6 yrs later. I have no problems except the crappy exhaust mani. Flange was warped to hell. Had to goop it up with high temp silicone. Where the dowpipe bolted to the exhaust, that didn't seat right, so guess what, more silicone. The welds on all my pipes were crappy also, looked like a vo-tech kid did it. Either way, I am still happy with my kit and turbo is still one of the best mods for the vic.

Last edited by civic01vtec; 05-29-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get there eventually..

It was aimed more at the crappy welds in the mani and downpipe connection.

I've been itching to re-turbo my **** though... I needs monies to do so though..
Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

This kit was the best fitting one. Unlike MaxRev and Dezods turbo kits. Their fmic hung about 5 inches under the bottom of the bumper lol

Other than their pos fuel system they included, its a good turbo kit.
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

smalie1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stafford Fabrications

Hey guys,
Even with its flaws, how much does this kit cost nowadays if still fabricated ?

Just itching
Old 09-30-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Not being fabbed anymore.. I think there was an issue with Stafford Fab's and a guy that worked for them (that was a member on this site).. something. I don't quite recall
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

smalie1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info .