Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

boost questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civcspool will become famous soon enoughcivcspool will become famous soon enough
boost questions

ok here's what happened my tuner tuned my car several times because my ecu was fighting my piggyback but we've fixed that the problem. On my first tune my car used to produce more boost and more power(more power i think because i can feel the shifting), but as soon as we fixed the problem my car started having lower boost and I think less power but the my tuner told me that im still having the same whp and toque...? is that possible ? why is that i used to produce more boost before compared to my new tune..?
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about
Re: boost questions

Does your tuner have the maps for each tune?

If so get them printed and compare tune.

Also what kind of civic? year? motor? turbo setup? piggyback? stock ecu or chipped?

I don't know a whole lot about tuning but atleast with this info maybe someone can help you further.

As I see it, 1st set of tunes felt like more boost in the shifting, but ecu was fighting it? What was it fighting? More boost in the shifting?

If you're producing the same whp and wtq then he could have turned the boost up/down and added/removed fuel/air I mean there is alot of things he could have done.

Get the maps if possible and compare.

Is your tuner a reputable tuner for your model/engine/piggyback/setup?
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

civcspool will become famous soon enoughcivcspool will become famous soon enough

my civic is 7th gen d17a1 engine and force induction section with tsi kit and fic piggyback with rsx injectors..
and my ecu used to fight my piggyback but thier working good now.. TURBO GURUs CAN YOU ENLIGHTEN ME SO I CAN DRIVE THE RIGHT WAY

Originally Posted by damian02civic
Does your tuner have the maps for each tune?

If so get them printed and compare tune.

Also what kind of civic? year? motor? turbo setup? piggyback? stock ecu or chipped?

I don't know a whole lot about tuning but atleast with this info maybe someone can help you further.

As I see it, 1st set of tunes felt like more boost in the shifting, but ecu was fighting it? What was it fighting? More boost in the shifting?

If you're producing the same whp and wtq then he could have turned the boost up/down and added/removed fuel/air I mean there is alot of things he could have done.

Get the maps if possible and compare.

Is your tuner a reputable tuner for your model/engine/piggyback/setup?
Old 09-09-2008
Registered!!

turbo guru's andyman, speedfoo anybody help me ..
Old 09-09-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

ofcourse its possible .. ur tuner is one of the best .. and my old tuner made 164 whp at 5.5 psi .. and my new tuner (tony) made 181 whp at 5.5 psi ... so yes .. i could put down 164 whp with 4 psi possibly ... so boost doesn't mean power always .. if ituned rightt, u can make the most power and with minimal boost required .. ur tripping .. if tony said its the same whp/tq, i wouldn't doubt it jus cuz "ur shifts feel less power"
Old 09-09-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Post your injector correction and target AFR maps and we'll see what we can do. Also post what injectors you are running.
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

yey emjay i know tony is the BEST man! im glad i went to him. i'm just not producing the same amount of boost that i used to have... but he never changed the load X RPM. He just changed the a/f to run little rich when boosting. I have no doubt with his tune prolly its just boost leak or sumting? bad bov? wastegate ? or bad connection? hows you project going on man? i'd like to see those numbers man.. empty ur inbox!! im gonna ask you bout graham's prices..

Originally Posted by emjay
ofcourse its possible .. ur tuner is one of the best .. and my old tuner made 164 whp at 5.5 psi .. and my new tuner (tony) made 181 whp at 5.5 psi ... so yes .. i could put down 164 whp with 4 psi possibly ... so boost doesn't mean power always .. if ituned rightt, u can make the most power and with minimal boost required .. ur tripping .. if tony said its the same whp/tq, i wouldn't doubt it jus cuz "ur shifts feel less power"
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about

Ebay BOV and Wastegate?
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

no its tsi kit ...
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

That may be your problem... Possible wastegate boost creep.. I guess.
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

wastegate ? i never had any WG problem before its fully opening and closing. here's what my car is doing it used to build up boost quickly from 0-8psi but after my tune my boost goes 0-4 and slowly climbs up to 8 and slowly pulling after passing 4psi .. not sure what the problem. could it be a boost leak? im gonna check it out later for any boost leaks
Old 09-10-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Although I don't know too much about turbos, I would agree with diamian, to really tell what's going on, you would have to see the maps. *** dyno's are never reliable, heh my *** dyno rated a net gain of 35 horsepower when I changed the oil!
Old 09-10-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eyger
*** dyno's are never reliable, heh my *** dyno rated a net gain of 35 horsepower when I changed the oil!
lmao thats funny
Old 09-17-2008
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by civcspool
ok here's what happened my tuner tuned my car several times because my ecu was fighting my piggyback but we've fixed that the problem. On my first tune my car used to produce more boost and more power(more power i think because i can feel the shifting), but as soon as we fixed the problem my car started having lower boost and I think less power but the my tuner told me that im still having the same whp and toque...? is that possible ? why is that i used to produce more boost before compared to my new tune..?
What engine management? Need more specifics on the system
Old 09-17-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

damn your running the AEM FIC on a turboed 7th gen...

i dooonnnooo