Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

For those on K-Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
For those on K-Pro

Since we were doing my timing belt yesterday, we put the cam gear on for K-Pro. Since the cam gear is meant to work with K-Pro itself, we installed that too. So as of now, I'm running K-Pro on a 100% stock engine.... for now.

Right now the green key for the immobilizer flashes constantly when I drive. I can only assume K-Pro allows the car to start but doesn't tell the unit in the ignition that a valid key is inserted. My tuner said to take the clamshell apart and inplug the green plug to turn the light off, however that means I have no immobilizer running at all....

Anyone know a better solution to this?
Old 02-24-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those on K-Pro

Yeah, have the immobilizer reset at a Honda dealer. Make sure to bring all of your keys.

Also, you need to bring a laptop with you. In KManager, there's a selection in parameters which is to enable/disable the immboilizer. Right now it isn't working. When you get to the dealer, you need to hook up the laptop and turn the immobilizer back on, then they can reset everything with all of your keys.
Old 02-24-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Wow, I have no way to get this done without hitting up the dealer?
Old 02-24-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have the tool that the service dep't. uses.
Old 02-24-2008
Premium Member

Bummer.
Old 02-24-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

HDS (honda diagnostic system). If done right, you should only need 1 key. you are programming your ecu to your keys, not your key to your ecu. I went up to a service tech at a local honda dealer and offered him lunch money (a nice lunch..) in exchange for programming my ecu. he agreed but i never went back. lol..
Old 02-24-2008
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough

Mine does not flash, but I honestly don't recall how I corrected it. I think I may have cut the wire LOL
Old 02-24-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

I did mine a couple of months ago that lite can be really annoying.

It's not hard to do I suggest you goto hondata's website they have a step by step walk through on how to do this. Save this to your laptop and then go into the dealer ship to get this done. They will probably tell you that you need all the keys but you really don't cause your recoding the ecu like edwin said.

It doesn't take long but it can be a pain to explain to a honda service tech.
Old 02-24-2008
Premium Member

Ya and I need an RSX o2 sensor apparently as my tuner was worried my d17 one could damage the ecu?
Old 02-24-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

To use narrowband O2 sensors you gotta move the primary O2 sensor to the secondary input... see hondata.com
We're currently working on the Honda wideband conversion. Its fairly simple, but there is a little work involved.
Old 02-24-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rufus
Ya and I need an RSX o2 sensor apparently as my tuner was worried my d17 one could damage the ecu?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh?

your d17 o2 sensor will not damage your ecu. Just wire your ecu up according to hondata's website and make sure your tuner clicks the "Use secondary o2 input for closed loop operation" box otherwise he will be fighting with it left and right.
Old 02-24-2008

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice

there is a way to get rid of the flashing green light
Old 02-25-2008
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

i've seen it on different cases where kpro left the light blinking and sometimes its off...its an option on the kpro software but it doesnt work all the time...most of the time i've seen it, it has turned the light off...im running kpro but no immobilizer keys in my 93 sedan so i wont be able to give u a better answer than what my tuner told me
Old 02-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Uhhhhhhhhhhh?

your d17 o2 sensor will not damage your ecu. Just wire your ecu up according to hondata's website and make sure your tuner clicks the "Use secondary o2 input for closed loop operation" box otherwise he will be fighting with it left and right.
Be careful with this, there are a few different scenarios where this works and doesn't. You have to use a certain map for this function to work with a secondary narrowband for closed loop feedback. Let me do a quick writeup, lol.
Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

^ oh sorry I figured since he was running an 03 that he wouldn't have a problem with this and he would be using the narrow band maps only.

My Bad
Old 02-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, just read the thread about kpro and o2 sensors I just wrote up, it explains how everything works.
Old 02-25-2008
Premium Member

Will do. Gracias Senior