Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Oil feed tube length

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Oil feed tube length

Any clue on the length of yur tubez? I need to get one this week and I'd like to see if you know the length of yurZ.

KTHXBAI
Old 02-19-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Oil feed tube length

uhhh oh.....someone double posted!

shame shame....you know better!

=] jk

x2
Old 02-19-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Do what? Are you talking the feed line for the turbo?
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Ya, my last step in geeting prepped for my install are my lines. I plan on getting a Barb fitting (¾ id) Threaded w/nut to tap the pan, but now I need info on what lines I need to run for oil (length, etc).
Old 02-19-2008

Give yourself about 3.5 feet to get from the back of the block by the oil filter to the turbo for the feed line. The return completely depends on your setup, the actual hose part of mine like 5 inches long. I'd just go with 1/2" ID fittings for the return (which is the same-ish as -10AN), that's plenty big.
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member

Is yours all steel braided?
Old 02-19-2008

The feed line is steel braided -4AN line and the return line is now just straight rubber since I messed up all my -10AN braided line.

You can use either. As long as the psi rating is good to go, the rest is just looks. Straight rubber is easier on the hands during install, that's for sure.

I bought a kit for mine from fast-turbo.com. Decent enough, but you can save half the cost buy going to home depot and getting the the stuff if you aren't going to use -AN fittings.
Old 02-19-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I would use braided stainless or crimped hydraulic fittings for the feed. I wouldnt trust hose clamps with the heat, and if that line goes, you'll have a fire on your hands.
Old 02-20-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that the point of the bling fire extinguisher though?
Old 02-21-2008
Premium Member

I <3 bling