Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

emanage blue communication issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allyoucaneat is an unknown quantity at this point
emanage blue communication issues

i just finished installing a turbo kit in my 2002 ex and we were getting ready to tune and for some reason the emanage (blue) will not communicate with the support tool software on my labtop. i am using the original emanage cable with another cable to make it a usb to usb connection. this means i cant drive my car anywhere and i have to go to school and work so i need help fast!
Old 10-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: emanage blue communication issues

its the usb converter.... they cause all sorts of problems because the emanage wire has an authentication thingie in the cable, the USB converter doesnt always like to pass that through to the e-manage software. Search back a ways.... some people made it work, I just dont remember how.
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

arite ill try finding it. and do you remember what version you had the emanage you sold me updated to?
Old 10-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

1.48??? I dont know... the version in the box is older than the newest version out, so it should link up then tell you to update the software version in the box. There's a map in there, the car should start, I wouldnt drive it hard.
Your issue is in the converter wire. If you know someone with an old laptop that has a serial port... do that.
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

it starts up fine its at my friends house and i didnt want to risk driving it home, so right now its sitting in his garage. but ill try and find an old labtop. do you think i could get a converter for a 9-pin to a 15-pin connector? my labtop has a 15-pin port
Old 10-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

As long as you're running 310s, keep the car out of boost and the e-manage wont do anything but correct for the injectors. You should be fine driving... just rig the wastegate open.
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

i would, but i have 577cc. and i dont know what that would make the car do
Old 10-15-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

It'll run rich.... smaller injectors are gonna need longer pulses to dump the same gas, so it'll run pretty rich. if you HAVE to drive the car, wire open the wastegate, put the stock injectors back in and drive without the e-manage. If you can wait to fuddle with it, then try playing with the computer link. Thats about all you can do at this point.
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Go to best buy, get the dynex usb conversion. I use it on all of my Emange tuning, and never have trouble.
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

oh man, the discounts i get off of dynex

you can also get a dynex brand converter for your laptop too at best buy.

Last edited by Curiouz_G; 10-15-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

we dont have a best buy where i live but its getting tuned tomorrow using my friends labtop so ill just get that converter next time i go out of town just incase i need to change something later on. thnx