Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod Turbo System owners chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Dezod Turbo System owners chime in!

For those who have purchased the Dezod D17 series turbo system from us or one of our resellers or even used, we need some feeback. Many of you have dyno'd and tuned these systems and I must say they DO perform well. So, I would like to know the following:

1) Power made? (WHP & TQ)
2) What boost level?
3) What dyno used?
4) Transmission type? (Manual or Auto)
5) Manifold used (Log or Race mani)
6) EMS used
7) Additional important mods (PnP head, custom intake manifold etc)

Let's here them!
Old 10-04-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Re: Dezod Turbo System owners chime in!

susbcribed for results. I have seen and heard nothing but good things about this kit.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

bg0218as is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess ill be the first

DEZOD V3 Turbo Kit/ Upgraded to precision 50 trim turbo
1. Power Made: 195hp & 184TQ
2. PSI Level: 5 PSI.
3. DynoJet Dyno
4. Trans: Manual
5. Manifold: Log Style
6. Ems: PCS XFC
7. Additional Mods: ACT Stage 2 Clutch & ACT PROLITE Flywheel

Props to Paul @ DEZOD for producing such a great kit install was a breeze took a day & a half to install. and the car was personally tuned by paul himself we spent 3 good nights tunning, cars runs beautiful and pulls hard. and we tuned around a bad primary o2 sensor so we could still probably pull some more out of her. thanks again paul!

Last edited by bg0218as; 10-04-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

I guess ill be the 2nd

DEZOD S1 Turbo Kit
1. Power Made: 186hp & 171TQ
2. PSI Level: 5 PSI.
3. Dyno Jet
6. Ems: AEM FIC
7. Additional Mods: ARP HEAD STUDS
Old 10-04-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Does mine count Paul?
Sure Clint. You used all of our components.

Originally Posted by bg0218as

Props to Paul @ DEZOD for producing such a great kit install was a breeze took a day & a half to install. and the car was personally tuned by paul himself we spent 3 good nights tunning, cars runs beautiful and pulls hard. and we tuned around a bad primary o2 sensor so we could still probably pull some more out of her. thanks again paul!
What's good Ant? Glad to see she is still holding strong. That 1-2 hours/night for that 2.5 nights did her some mean justice.
Old 10-04-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Bringin' up third. All the major components are from Dezod.

DEZOD Custom Turbo Kit w/ Garrett GT3071R .63 A/R

1. Power Made: TBD on 6 Oct
2. PSI Level: 9 PSI
3. Dyno: N/A
6. Ems: PCS XFC
7. Additional Mods: SRT-4 injectors, ARP Studs, Exedy Streetlite FW and S1 clutch

A-freaking-1 customer service and products from Paul and crew. These guys are top notch and really stand behind their products. I'm currently working through the tuning right now, and will throw it on the dyno on Saturday, 6 October. I know I'll be impressed. Paul and crew continue to support me on the build by answering numerous questions on the phone and also just chewin' the fat about cars in general. Great crew, great vendor!

Last edited by speedfoos; 10-04-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Keepin' it real.
Old 10-04-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

coool
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

bg0218as is an unknown quantity at this point

same **** dif day paul! yea shes still holdn strong I've decided to just go ahead and rip the head off and put on a cometic head gasket and go with arp studs. so ill be makin a phone call soon, and then we will proceed to bumpn it up to 8psi then we can see what she really does on stock internals so far im very impressed and so are the local's around town can't beleive im only runin 5psi and pullin like i do for a single cam yea baby! REP THE SOHC
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

This will be great for people who want a kit, plus it shows the great numbers.

Oh, and some have added it already, but the version might help too.
Old 10-04-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

If you send me a kit I'll install it right away... It can go with those internals I bought... The sooner it gets here the sooner I can post in this thread!
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Tuned by me..V3 kit 207whp
Old 10-04-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by bg0218as
same **** dif day paul! yea shes still holdn strong I've decided to just go ahead and rip the head off and put on a cometic head gasket and go with arp studs. so ill be makin a phone call soon, and then we will proceed to bumpn it up to 8psi then we can see what she really does on stock internals so far im very impressed and so are the local's around town can't beleive im only runin 5psi and pullin like i do for a single cam yea baby! REP THE SOHC

Cool. I am looking forward to the results.

How's Carlos coming on the SRT-4?
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

subscribed. nice to see everybody's results cause I am going to be in the market for a kit soon
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

1) Power made? 193WHP & 166 TQ
2) What boost level? 9 PSI
3) What dyno used? DynoJet @ Revline in KC
4) Transmission type? Manual
5) Manifold used? Log Manifold
6) EMS used? Greddy E-manage Blue
Competition Stage 4 Clutch w/ stock Flywheel (blew my transmission up before turbo, have new trans & exedy stage 1 this time)

I have turned the boost down to 7 psi which puts me somewhere around 170ish to the wheels.

I loved everything about the kit but the intercooler piping...no offense dezod but I had a local muffler shop redo the piping wraping around the front to the intercooler.

Not dezods fault but continue to fight coolant pushing,misfire codes, map codes(yes clamp is on @ 5v), and random boost leaks & head gasket...oh did I mention my power steering rack just crapped out on me? Aren't cars fun!

Should make a note though. For what emanage is it is not half bad. Tuner did the best job he could for never seeing an emanage (does mostly hondata)
Car runs strong everywhere but cold idle & pulls decent. Car isn't fast but is pretty quick for what she is....I'm getting bored though, if all these repairs keep setting me back I'll never get my internals. (which I would have already had if my transmission didn't shell!)

Last edited by FoSho; 10-04-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

subscribed.

i've been debating a turbo for sooo long, this will defiantly help.
Old 10-05-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by FoSho
1) Power made? 193WHP & 166 TQ
2) What boost level? 9 PSI
3) What dyno used? DynoJet @ Revline in KC
6) EMS used? Greddy E-manage Blue
Competition Stage 4 Clutch w/ stock Flywheel (blew my transmission up before turbo, have new trans & exedy stage 1 this time)
No fault taken...me personally, I want to redo the pipes again. I need to convince the partners to "ok" it.
Old 10-05-2007
7thgen Power Maker

FYI----It is important that we get as large as a sample size as possible. I will crunch the numbers and run the statistics to provide information to the community. You will see.
Old 10-05-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

I'm still waiting by my mailbox, Paul. Any day now... LOL
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Cool thing dezod.......I really want ya guys to hook it up with that turbo exhaust!!! I want 3in back baby! But please, no fart cans! Something clean like the RS*R or those vibrant turbo mufflers I love that jdm/oem look!
Old 10-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m setting mine up with a 3" exhaust as soon as the DP gets under the car. I made a rather disappointing 235whp @13 PSI with a built bottom end, but I was using an exhaust that wasn't at all suited for turbo. So that’s not the kits fault. As soon as I get retuned I will post results. I do agree that the I/C piping could use some work also. Overall though I am VERY happy with it and it was well worth the money.
Old 10-05-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by dopes6070
I’m setting mine up with a 3" exhaust as soon as the DP gets under the car. I made a rather disappointing 235whp @13 PSI with a built bottom end, but I was using an exhaust that wasn't at all suited for turbo. So that’s not the kits fault. As soon as I get retuned I will post results. I do agree that the I/C piping could use some work also. Overall though I am VERY happy with it and it was well worth the money.
All the existing aftermarket ones are horrid for power.
Old 10-05-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

And now to keep the correct format.

1) Power made? 235 HP / 204 TQ Super hot weather.
2) What boost level? 13 PSI
3) What dyno used? DynaPack
6) EMS used? K-Pro
7) Additional important mods: Weisco 8.8:1 Pistons, Crower Rods, Competition Stage 4 Clutch, 8.5lb Flywheel, Tanabe exhaust, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors. Stock Pump w/ Modded FPR.

Last edited by dopes6070; 10-09-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Thanks for keepin it in format.
Old 10-08-2007
7thgen Power Maker

bump!!!!
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Haha Dopes, didn't you tell me to use a ACT Plate and OEM Disc? You're using the clutch I blew my transmission up with, stocK! What are ya thinking!?? I guess we'll see....

Also another note.........I do have a stock throttle body bored to 75mm and a RS*R Exhaust...even with that N/A style exhaust she belted out 190's! So imagine with a 2.5 or 3 what she could do!
Old 10-08-2007
Premium Member

Ya i know... The ACT + OEM setup is only good for like 240whp... the same as the exedy organic... Im aiming for about 300whp so it wont work anymore... It was a really smooth setup tho. I talked to dezod and also to comp clutches and both said stage 4 with a sprung disk would be better and stand up to a bit more abuse. The stage 3 is what I originally wanted...

The main thing is that I try to shift smooth and don’t power shift. If I can get 15k miles from my transmission I’ll be happy.

Last edited by dopes6070; 10-08-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

3 inch exhaust is nice esp the greddy one the new ti-C exhaust is really nice
Old 10-09-2007
7th Gen Photographer

They make that for our car? Or would it be a muffler and get a shop to bend the midsections?
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

how about u make a 3 inch exhuast paul, like u stated in ur thread 2 years ago? that would be great, so we dont have to have crappy places make crap stuff.
Old 10-09-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Werd. I'm about to attempt making my own here over the next couple weeks. I just got the first 4' section of pipe today. Damn that thing is going be a booger getting over the axles. /threadjack

Quick Reply: Dezod Turbo System owners chime in!