Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My motor at chris shop.Update page 5,6. dezod pnp head.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Re: My motor at chris shop.

Originally Posted by WilmncChris
Well Hecter With me and Shawn we have over 10yrs experience with tuning. The add paul to the mix....We are doing the darton sleeves so a block gaurd is not needed
Been there,done that/
Just my .02
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

i have darton sleeves and ia m putting a sleeve in like hector. rather be safe then sorry
Old 07-28-2007
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road

i wish i lived near you guys =[...chris and paul!!!!
Old 07-28-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Steve's build will truly be a one of a kind. We need to finish up a few things 1st before we head onto ripping some crazy power. (like the intake manifold)
Old 07-28-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Jesus chirst......intake mani
Old 07-28-2007

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dezod
Steve's build will truly be a one of a kind. We need to finish up a few things 1st before we head onto ripping some crazy power. (like the intake manifold)
How is it one of kind?
He is using Dalton sleeves right?
probably Wisico pistons?
Crower rods?
stage 3 cam?
Intake manifold?
Crazy power?
is been done.
Sounds to me more of a marketing skim on your part.

Back to the point
There is just NO WAY to find out if the engine was done 100% right till is running.
It happens to NASCAR to Drag racing car builders with many years of experience.
That's the reason why they have the engine testing dyno.
Items like the intake manifold can be better developed by running the engine and obtaining data and making modifications to ANY part then try againg to obtaing 100% results before the car is up and running.

Hey look I didn't do it, I wish I had
Not taking anything from good techs but it happens.
let's keep it real.

go to the site listed below for more info on engine dyno

http://www.wilcoxengines.demon.co.uk/dynotest.htm

Last edited by supermex; 07-28-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

pistons, rods, and sleeves are packed and ready to leave tommrow for chris's shop.

here a few pics of the race mani with the turbo abd wastegate.

Old 07-29-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

that manifold is godly
Old 07-29-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that the turbo orientation they're going to use when they install it? If so, I'll be curious to see how the charge pipes are routed to clear the PS pump and AC.

When I upgrade my setup (look at me go, haven't even installed it yet!) I want to go with V-band clamps on the WG and turbo like your WG has. Much easier to get on and off I'll bet. That's still one of the sexiest turbos I've seen!
Old 07-29-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,159 Likes on 807 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

turbo.. so.. shiny...
Old 07-29-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the turbo will be clocked in order for it to point downwards for the charge piping.
I'm sure it was just put together that way and steve hasn't touched it yet.

Marketing scheme? what do u mean, just confused by that.
Old 07-29-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

The only time I saw Darton Sleeves walk is when they were not installed correctly. They are a bitch that is for sure..Block has to be heated to a controlled temp while inserting the sleeves. Then cooled to a controoled temp so that they seat properly in the block. That is why he told you a BG would help. More than likely during the machin process of the sleeves is where there could have been a mistake.
Old 07-29-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

looks good cant wait to take a drive in it...............or possibly drive it???? lol pleaseeeee lol
Old 07-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by supermex
How is it one of kind?
He is using Dalton sleeves right?
probably Wisico pistons?
Crower rods?
stage 3 cam?
Intake manifold?
Crazy power?
is been done.
Sounds to me more of a marketing skim on your part.
Wiseco, yes.
Crower, yes.
Cam, he has a different stage (not 3).
Inatke manifold, 1st Dezod Production unit with fuel rail.
Crazy power, yes. Stay tuned!
Dezod Alpha Race manifold, 1st production unit.
F2 DBB T3/T61 turbocharger
Dezod PnP head

Some more tricks our sleeves as well. No need to hate Hector.

Last edited by dezod; 07-30-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Steve, flip the turbo around. The comp housing is next to the WG.
Old 07-30-2007

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

The true difference between Dezods stuff and others is the amount of R&D that goes into the stuff. Every part performs to it's fullest potential, that is one of the biggest attractions to paul's parts. Not to mention the quality of them too.
Old 07-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve, flip the turbo around. The comp housing is next to the WG.
Woohoo! I'm not as much of a turbo noob anymore!! Three months ago I would have had no idea if that was right or wrong. Ya'll should have seen the panicked noob email I wrote Paul when I had no idea that a turbo needed to be "clocked". Too funny!

Steve I can't say it enough. That's gonna be one bad mammajamma when Chris and crew are done with it. Better talk to your insurance company and make sure all that **** is on your policy.
Old 07-30-2007

The only time I saw Darton Sleeves walk is when they were not installed correctly. They are a bitch that is for sure..Block has to be heated to a controlled temp while inserting the sleeves. Then cooled to a controoled temp so that they seat properly in the block. That is why he told you a BG would help. More than likely during the machin process of the sleeves is where there could have been a mistake.
It wasn't just the sleeves the whole cylinder wall tents to move when boosting 20+ psi.
I could tell by looking at the head gasket it seem like it was rubbed side to side in some spots creating a very small leaK.
There is not a lot of support on top of dose cylinder walls.

After I installed my BG the problem stoped.
Besides I radder have it than not.

If you don't want to install one is cool, I can't make you.
I'm not a builder nor a mechanic, but I get mty stuff build specialy for my car by ppl that builds and put together motors for guys like Titan etc.
I'm sure they know their stuff.
I had very good resutls and learned a lot about the D17 after all I'm pushing 435 whp with no problems at all on a daily driven car while driving long distances.

I'm quite interested on 02pfcivic build he's going all the way and also he's installing a crank, SRP pistons JE rings ACL bearings and doing other mods that are truly different for the D17
There is more credit to be had there!
He's building his own intake manifolds etc.
Oh and also has a BG installed on his block.

I'm happy for xturbo and I wish him the best.
My only point was that dyno the engine could be a good idea THAT'S ALL.
It wasn't my intention to underestimate your abilities as a tech or Dezod products for that matter.

Last edited by supermex; 07-30-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2007
Registered!!

ACL are a given, As far as the crank its up to steve I talked with him about that months back. We always use ACL and arp bolts not just the head studs on alot of our motor builds. Right now my head is into a Forged F-150 procharged truck and a Procharged Z06... As soon as I get time I will get my mind back on the honda side of things. Once I get the motor back from the machine shop with everything done on the short block I will get a better idea as to what I want to do.
Old 07-31-2007
7thgen Power Maker

I'm quite interested on 02pfcivic build he's going all the way and also he's installing a crank, SRP pistons JE rings ACL bearings and doing other mods that are truly different for the D17
There is more credit to be had there!
He's building his own intake manifolds etc.
Oh and also has a BG installed on his block.
The only real difference is the crank.

We are using our own intake manifold, Steve will have a fully built head and bottom end. The names of the pistons and rings are almost irrelevant. Steve's build will be up there in the 400whp range when it is all done.
Old 07-31-2007

The only real difference is the crank.

We are using our own intake manifold, Steve will have a fully built head and bottom end. The names of the pistons and rings are almost irrelevant. Steve's build will be up there in the 400whp range when it is all done.
Others use their own manifold.
Others use a full build head.
If pistons and rings are irrelevant
Not using BG
400 is good but not outstanding per say.
So is not really one of a kind
That was my point!

Not hating just keeping it real.

You got to give 02pfcivic some credit
No one else is doing the crank and other D16 parts into the D17.
I don't see anyone else doing it.
None of you guys are not doing it?
A crank is a BIG deal when it comes to performance.
That alone could be a lot of difference. HP!
How can you just downplay that?
LOOK AT HIS BLOCK IS BEAUTIFULL!

I don't even know how we got this far
Like I said before all I proposed is that dynoing the engine before install could make for better R&D on new products.
Suddenly all feathers got ruffeled.

Is almost imposible to come out and bring forward new ideas without getting into a looong argument about other irrelevant stuff.
Old 07-31-2007
7thgen Power Maker

400 is good but not outstanding per say.
So is not really one of a kind
That was my point!

Not hating just keeping it real.
Honestly it sounds more like hating. You are continously down-playing Steve's build. I do not see any people on here with REAL notable head work and proven gains from it. I see no one on here with the same data from intake manifolds made specifically with FLOW for the D17 in mind as well. Gerry makes some, but I have yet to get one on a flow bench to see what it really does. It looks like a well constructed piece (esp the fact that he is using velocity stacks, which are like $35-40 each!) Once again, I am not discrediting Gerry. He is a hell of a nice guy, he knows his stuff, and he is creative. His top mount is very nice indeed, and I would like to see it all in person, but off of his topic and onto the others......

I actually considered at point back in 2003 doing a frank D16/D17, but it seemed like more $$ and headaches than what it was worth. I had an entire D16 at my disposal at that time, but ditched it.

EOS

Let's keep this to positive and constructive criticism for Steve. He is the one that has spent hours and $1000's to get what HE wants out of HIS D17.
Old 07-31-2007

My D17 head has REAL noticetabe improvement.
I'm sure Steve is a great tech but he es doing more of the same we all did.
Sorry you feel hated upon, is not my intention
If the crank would of been your work I'm sure there will be a big thread about it.
If there is something I would of want it it would be a crank.
Is all I'm missing.
Again I'm not a builder so there Steve has all my respect.
I give all the credit that is do to both of them.
Not just one in particular.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

**********.....Bring it Orangeade

Matter of fact here is the address to the shop
518 Mercer Ave
zip code is 28403

You can map quest it, tom tom it or whatever makes you get here

Last edited by tfnaaf; 08-01-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: improper language
Old 08-01-2007

haha now now Chris! This has turned into something bad and just wish people would let Steve do the build his way, which i'm sure will be the right way, If I had to trust 2 people with my D17 motor, it would def be Chris and Paul. Both have a lot of hours spent on the D17 and know how it works inside and out. Just because someone does something one way doesn't mean others have to mimic it. That's why this is such a great hobby and sport, you can take different routes to achieve the same goals.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

Drew you pansy ***..hahahahahahahaha god damn you take the fun out of why don't you...
Old 08-01-2007

hahahah, nice voicemail chris, i've been pretty damn busy this morning with people coming in. I'll get back to ya in a few, I'll talk to my buddy about the dsm motor. I def can't wait to see this build up, looking forward to it.

On a side note, Steve is on vacation so i don't think he'll be posting much. I had to go to Advance Auto and buy longer bolts and worked perfectly. Just gotta trim the bumper now cause the bumper won't go back on lol. We also trimmed the charge piping almost an inch in order to clear the strut bar and now fits perfect, also tried mocking up the charge piping and it was giving me a headache of which pipe fits where lol. I gotta run and get some more blades for the sawzall. Other then that, everything is going smoothly.
Old 08-01-2007
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of

damn i missed alot. good luck with the build steve you better come to the meets when your done.
Old 08-01-2007

.....Bring it Orangeade

Matter of fact here is the address to the shop
518 Mercer Ave
zip code is 28403

You can map quest it, tom tom it or whatever makes you get here
Easy killer.
No one is bashing you or your abilities.
Bring a 7thgen ANY COLOR with your one of a kind d17 on it then we'll see.

Last edited by tfnaaf; 08-01-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: language in quote
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

HAHAH i just got a warning about my language....Yeah

Quick Reply: My motor at chris shop.Update page 5,6. dezod pnp head.