Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My motor at chris shop.Update page 5,6. dezod pnp head.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
My motor at chris shop.Update page 5,6. dezod pnp head.

Well it arrived here at the shop yesterday. Motor is in great shape and will soon be stripped down and machined for sleeves.

All of the work will be down by us at BnT performance and Dezod Motorsports.

Last edited by exturbo6; 11-23-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: My motor at chris shop.

looks good man, keep everyone updated
Old 07-27-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Why did you need a new D17? srry if I missed a previous thread or something
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

its a spare block, is it not new its a used motor...just looks that new...chris said it has like around 70k on it.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
looks good man, keep everyone updated
sure will! and thank you!
Old 07-27-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

i wanna come over there and hit it with a hammer! B/C i am Jelous!

nice, cant wait to see the finished product
Old 07-27-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like its starting to come together! How much did the spare block set you back out of curiosity?
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
i wanna come over there and hit it with a hammer! B/C i am Jelous!

nice, cant wait to see the finished product

lol and what good would that do?
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Looks like its starting to come together! How much did the spare block set you back out of curiosity?
im not sure..couple hundred...im not keeping track..lol chris is taking care of everything i need another with paul. so whatever i need i just send..ill ask chris when i talk to him.
Old 07-27-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

it will make me feel warm inside and give me a possible stiffy.

i wanna build one too but i gotta get rid of some of these damn bills b4 i can get started. i am just being a hater b/c u got started b4 i did.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

lol its all good...was turbod before but now it will be done the right way....
Old 07-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

this is gona be interesting, keep us posted on the build as it goes thru. dont disapear for two weeks and come back with one big thread of everything... its nice to see the updates on the main page.. is there a deadline for all of this??
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

subscribed to watch the progress.

I like what I see so far...
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Hell no there is no deadline, I am a month out in the shop and the machine shop is 3 weeks out..but we will slide it in as fast as we can.....
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

subscribed
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

wow....great start from the beginning...
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

yeah ill post up pics as its going. thanks, hoping for a victorious finish.
Old 07-27-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Pallets and motors comin in are a great thing for a project of Steve's scale.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Dont worry about everyone asking when its gonna be done man. Take your time and enjoy it. I've learned that its better not to worry about deadlines if you arent getting paid to do something, it takes all the fun out of everything.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

yeah i hear ya..im not trying to rush at all...as i get the money and its need i buy what whatever else i need, or i send it out to get this done..im saying in a month. but when, no rushing needed.yeah i cant wait to have fun, i miss being turbod, but this wil be 110% better.
Old 07-27-2007

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

Good luck with your build.
Is not just a project is a journey.
have fun with it.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

yeah i understand that...i plan on having some fun with it after this journey of parts sitting in my room since November 06. lol

thanks for the support!
Old 07-27-2007

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

One think I didn't get to do is to dyno the engine before I installed.
Later after my engine was running I found this place in O-town that had the capabilities to do so.
It would be worth the investment to find out any problems before it all gets installed.
may be there is a place near you that you can do so.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

no need to dyno the motor, its being vatted and machined for darton sleves. If there is a problem with the core block it will be found after its vatted.
Old 07-27-2007

Originally Posted by WilmncChris
no need to dyno the motor, its being vatted and machined for darton sleves. If there is a problem with the core block it will be found after its vatted.
You mean, it actualy have the sleeves?
Cool.
I had sleeves but i was busting the head gasket.
I replaced it twice.
I was told that the sleeves where walking, I thought BS.
The third time I was pissed then the same shop dude told me that with a block guard I cloud fix the problem.
I gave it a shot, I installed the BG slightly modified for better water flow then no more head gaskets problem after 2 years running at 21 psi. still no problem.
Coincidence?
May be.
But it worked.
I just wished I knew that before while testing the engine outside the car then I didn't have to deal with my car being down all that time and pay extra to have it all the motor components remove to get it out of the vehicle.

Just a thought

Last edited by supermex; 07-27-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

you gonna follw the Hector build up for some sick power? i would.. or see what you shop can do!
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

nope, not following anyone. working on whatever comes out of the motor, power wise, with chris and paul's knowledge so its done the first time. not like the crap i had to deal with last time i was turbod.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Well Hecter With me and Shawn we have over 10yrs experience with tuning. The add paul to the mix....We are doing the darton sleeves so a block gaurd is not needed
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Plus I will inspect all of the work from the machine shop. Ye we do alot of BG's and I am the one who usually opens the water ports on them..This will be fun most cars we do are vettes,Evos,Shelbys, and diesel trucks. Darren will be the tech who will be working on the motor after back from the machine shop..Who has 20plus years with honda and toyota...Its in good hands that is for sure just have to get a window of time to knock it out.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Quick Reply: My motor at chris shop.Update page 5,6. dezod pnp head.