Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

New dyno numbers SHOCKING! NEW VIDEO AND PICS on pg 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Re: New dyno numbers SHOCKING!

Originally Posted by supermex
There was another member while back that got into the 400's hp i don't know if the car still running or not.
Nice #s Hec!

Hani is at 396, but crashed some valves due to a mis-shift. He just got some new valves from me, and the motor will be back together this week.
Old 05-19-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

damn hector congrats! i cnat wait to see this car again
Old 05-19-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

As long as i stay in between 18 and 21 psi I'll be ok using pump gas.
AEM EMS alouds me to change timing on the fly if I need to.

Soo far it's running fine than again I haven't driven it that much since the tune.
I'll find out more when the clutch is installed and i get more road time.
I'll keep you posted
Please explain how this is possible. I am AEM certified and am unaware of this being possible at all.
Old 05-19-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dezod
Nice #s Hec!

Hani is at 396, but crashed some valves due to a mis-shift. He just got some new valves from me, and the motor will be back together this week.
I guess he decided not to sell it?

+1 on the tuning issue. If you tuned on 104 at a leaner a/f, its not going to be safe on 93. I wonder what your numbers would have been with just the boost at 21 psi. I've been thinking of doing a race fuel tune but have been straying away from it because I don't want a dyno/strip queen. I'm happy with my numbers for a street car.

Nevertheless, great numbers, congrats on breaking the record.
Old 05-20-2007

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

Please explain how this is possible. I am AEM certified and am unaware of this being possible at all.
???????
I use a lop top on the car to manipulate/change timing.
Then I use pump gas on low psi and 104 on hi psi.
What's so hard about that?
I'm not certified but I learned how to it, is quiet easy once you do it soo often.
I still have my re-grind cam and custom made valves for over 6 months and had no problems at all.
Than again I have not driven the car as much with the new tuning so I don't know how is going to work over time.
When pushing the limits is always a learning curve.

Last edited by supermex; 05-20-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-20-2007

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

Originally Posted by andyman97

+1 on the tuning issue. If you tuned on 104 at a leaner a/f, its not going to be safe on 93. I wonder what your numbers would have been with just the boost at 21 psi. I've been thinking of doing a race fuel tune but have been straying away from it because I don't want a dyno/strip queen. I'm happy with my numbers for a street car.

Nevertheless, great numbers, congrats on breaking the record.
Thanks for the possitve input!
Old 05-20-2007
7thgen Power Maker

???????
I use a lop top on the car to manipulate/change timing.
Then I use pump gas on low psi and 104 on hi psi.
What's so hard about that?
I'm not certified but I learned how to it, is quiet easy once you do it soo often.
I still have my re-grind cam and custom made valves for over 6 months and had no problems at all.
Than again I have not driven the car as much with the new tuning so I don't know how is going to work over time.
When pushing the limits is always a learning curve.
That is what I thought. You made it sound like something else.
Old 05-20-2007
7thgen Power Maker

No sir he did not. He is gonna push it harder than ever.
Old 05-20-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

got your pm supermex, nopi is september 15th and 16th. I gotta see if brad is going, which i'm sure he is. A couple of my buddies will be coming down this year, 2 with TC's and another riding with me so i don't have to drive the 8 1/2 hours by myself this year. Last year was a blast with all of us. I'll have alot of changes this year that I hope you like.
Old 05-20-2007
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice

Originally Posted by drew22mader
got your pm supermex, nopi is september 15th and 16th. I gotta see if brad is going, which i'm sure he is. A couple of my buddies will be coming down this year, 2 with TC's and another riding with me so i don't have to drive the 8 1/2 hours by myself this year. Last year was a blast with all of us. I'll have alot of changes this year that I hope you like.
no one likes the changes drew...LOL

dont forget i'm coming too
Old 05-20-2007

I'm down for that!
As long as we get organized like last year it all should go Ok again.
I like driving the car long distances for shows like that.
We'll have to get another team name for this show if we are going to have TC's and other cars.
I'll try to get my friend with a wide body turbo eclipe to go.

I see you are sponsored by NX that's a good company, dose guys are cool as ice!
Who is your contact at NX?

How is GIXXER doing?

Last edited by supermex; 05-20-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2007

That is what I thought. You made it sound like something else.
Because I said on that I could change the timing on the fly?
I can see how that came out wrong, sorry about that.

Although that may be a good idea, and I wonder how that could be done?
It would be cool to have a digital box connected to the EMS with a preset timing that also be connected to a switch and will aloud a quick just push and go.
I'll have to talk to my geek friends to see the posibilities.

Thanks for the positive input Paul!

Last edited by supermex; 05-20-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Because I said on that I could change the timing on the fly?
I can see how that came out wrong, sorry about that.

Although that may be a good idea, and I wonder how that could be done?
It would be cool to have a digital box connected to the EMS with a preset timing that also be connected to a switch and will aloud a quick just push and go.
I'll have to talk to my geek friends to see the posibilities.

Thanks for the positive input Paul!
There are boat loads of things the EMS CAN do, but that is one I have not yet figured out how to master.
Old 05-20-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

There are boat loads of things the EMS CAN do, but that is one I have not yet figured out how to master.
Yeah, you'd need to be able to store two completely separate maps. I wouldn't feel safe trying to switch JUST the fuel and ignition maps. I'd want to have full tunes for both fuels. Not that bad though, just bring a laptop anytime you know you'll be using different fuels.
Old 05-20-2007

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in contact with Josh Phillips, very good guy. I just gotta decide what i want from them,i'm thinking about the N-tercooler spray kit for now.

Brad has been doin well, Adrian ran into some trouble and had to go to the hospital and have surgery, something about her spinal fluid and her vision. She's doin great now and I talk to him almost everday. So we'll see how he is and i'm sure he'll go. We need to get everyone from last year to come back cause damn we had a good time.

I'm waiting on everything from Paul at Dezod for my turbo and i should be good to go, hopefully i'll have the Intake Manifold and pNp built head by Nopi. No numbers like you just yet. lol
Old 05-20-2007

I've been in contact with Josh Phillips, very good guy. I just gotta decide what i want from them,i'm thinking about the N-tercooler spray kit for now.

Brad has been doin well, Adrian ran into some trouble and had to go to the hospital and have surgery, something about her spinal fluid and her vision. She's doin great now and I talk to him almost everday. So we'll see how he is and i'm sure he'll go. We need to get everyone from last year to come back cause damn we had a good time.

I'm waiting on everything from Paul at Dezod for my turbo and i should be good to go, hopefully i'll have the Intake Manifold and pNp built head by Nopi. No numbers like you just yet. lol
Give Brad my best regards, hope Adrian gets well soon so she can be back to her normal biach ways

You don't need no stinking numbers.
You are on a class of your own
Good luck with your set up.

Here are some new pictures of my car

Here some pics of my friends cars, I being rolling with them at shows.
I'll try to get them to go to NOPI

Last edited by supermex; 05-20-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

Amazing numbers man! Still plan on going higher later on?

Oh and please tell me that Eclise has a 4G63 and not the crappy neon engine.
Old 05-20-2007

Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
Amazing numbers man! Still plan on going higher later on?

Oh and please tell me that Eclise has a 4G63 and not the crappy neon engine.
Da werks
we have the same shop mechanics and custom builder.
Motors solid as a vault
Old 05-20-2007

Hell we don't have to go as a titled group, lets see if we can get on the pits on the concrete inside where everyone walks. Buddy of mine said they just drove on it, so i say this year we drive in there and park on the concrete so many more people view cars there. that's where all the traffic is.

Last edited by drew22mader; 05-20-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Man nice ride. I'd be afraid to drive that beauty on a daily basis! You sir are a better man than me!!
Old 05-20-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

i think its time to come out in a magazine and represent for the d17
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

nice work hector, and drew you guys are gonna have to post up pics, since i'll be in the sandbox this year, i won't be able to make NOPI
Old 05-20-2007

Originally Posted by Michalo187
i think its time to come out in a magazine and represent for the d17
There is something along dose lines coming up very very soon
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

hey man, did those import tuner or racer (can't remember which one it was) ever shoot your car??

and please tell me those are not celica headlights on that FD...
Old 05-21-2007

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
hey man, did those import tuner or racer (can't remember which one it was) ever shoot your car??

and please tell me those are not celica headlights on that FD...
Yes Import tuner Mexico publish the shoots they took at NOPI about 6 month ago.
And, yes unfortunately those are celica ligvhts on that car is unique but i don't like them.
Old 05-21-2007

I tried to install the new clutch at my friend shop but the fly wheel bolts craped out on me so i new new ones.
I also noticed my suspension ball joints are worned out
Does any one here replaced them before i need new.
I may even buy the axels as well while I'm at it any one knows where to buy them?
Any info will be apreciated.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

The whole knuckle has to be replaced, you cant get just the ball joint. They usually only crap out from being taken off with the wrong separator or from ripped grease seals. Either way bend over to the tune of about $150ea + labor. A good dealership can sell you em both for about 320 with new wheel bearings already installed, they call it a loaded assembly. For some reason they get less money for the bearings when you buy it all as a set. I think the bearings alone are $50-60 so its worth it to do it all at once.

Last edited by 02fpcivic; 05-21-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2007

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
The whole knuckle has to be replaced, you cant get just the ball joint. They usually only crap out from being taken off with the wrong separator or from ripped grease seals. Either way bend over to the tune of about $150ea + labor. A good dealership can sell you em both for about 320 with new wheel bearings already installed, they call it a loaded assembly. For some reason they get less money for the bearings when you buy it all as a set. I think the bearings alone are $50-60 so its worth it to do it all at once.
Yes i checked Honda dealer $330.00 for booth of them.
One has a ripped seal and booth are kindda loose.
I was hoping for an after market performance part.

I got soo much torque on my engine now that the fly wheel bolts streched and where a total biach to take down.
I just talk to the ARP ppl to find a set.
One of my axels actualy looked up on the wheel hub.
and the fly wheel had a lot heat cracks
I have to replace all that!
Man I will end up spending way more than i though but I have to do it right.
Is not easy being cheese

Well is got to be done.
Old 05-21-2007
Turbo Guru

Just goes to show, no matter how much you spend, when you make power, **** breaks.
Old 05-21-2007

Just goes to show, no matter how much you spend, when you make power, **** breaks.
Amen to that!
That's is why I don't take the car to the track as often as I would like to.
I know ppl hooked up on it that spends thousands of dollars on the sport at the drop of a hat, just to do it all over again weekend after weekend.
Is addictive

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers SHOCKING! NEW VIDEO AND PICS on pg 7