Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Question about N02!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Question Question about N02!

Hey Guys,
I read the whole 12 page FAQ abt Nitrous for us 7th generation civic owners but didnt find the answer to 2 of my questions. Reason y i didnt ask over there is because no one replied to a query posted in December of 06 so i had no other choice but to make a new topic.

Q1) Is N02 legal in FLorida / U.S. ? if it isnt, what do i do if im pulled over by a cop ? Is there a certain LAW which makes it Illegal ?

Q2) Can people who have N02 kits please tell me their 0 - 60 second times and a short list of rival cars which they have easily took over

And Yes Im a newbie, please do reply please
Old 04-05-2007
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question about N02!

I can't answer your question of legality. I'm not an attorney and I don't live in florida. But if you have a legal question, check the "legal questions" section of the forum for that info.

You're asking for 0-60 times, most people don't race from 0-60 and the time is going to vary greatly with driver, you're better looking at 1/4 mile times. It totally depends on what other mods you have, direct port or not, wet or dry shot, fuel management, there's alot more reading you need to do about engines, these questions are way to generic to answer.

Do a little more searching of different people's nitrous setups in the member's rides section, you'll probably find more info there.

And last but not least, its not no2, its n2o, no2 is nitrogen dioxide, completely different chemical composition.