Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Thermostat Question With Or Without.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about
Question Thermostat Question With Or Without.

Im Having A Thermostat Problem. It Is Sticking And Started To
Over Heat The Car Alittle . Want To Replace It , But I Can Not Fins A Lower Temp. T-stat . Factory Is 170-180 Temp I Was Looking For A 160 Temp. Anyone Having Problems With T-stat With Turbocharged Vehicles. Know The Question Is Will I Hurt Anything With Not Having A T-stat At All . Just Remove It And Not Have One.
I Still Have A/c . What Do You Turboed Guys Think. Or Do You Know Were I Can Find A 160 Temp T-stat, I Have Looked . Thank You For Any Advise You May Have For Me .
Old 04-03-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Re: Thermostat Question With Or Without.

take it out, it'll be just like running open loop all the time..
Old 04-03-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

ok, in seriousness, dont change the t-stat. leave it stock or the car will run like ****. dont take it out or it'll take you days, if ever, to reach normal operating temp and will also make your car run like ****. you having a/c is irrelevant. if it's overheating, just find out what the problem is and fix it.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about

for more ideas.
Old 04-04-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

what skip said!
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah if its overheating bad its probably due to a blown headgasket from all that detonation. If its minor its probably just the ****-poor tune. Maybe the T stat is sticking but I doubt it unless you've screwed with it. I think you'll find that all these problems emulate from one source, poor tuning. If you get the car running good and its still running hot you can drill a few small holes in the outside rim of the t stat if its big enough. Only try a few at a time otherwise it defeats the purpose of having one and your car wont stay at proper temp. Most turbo Hondas run like crap if they arent up to descent temps. Honestly though, I wouldnt bother doing this untill that car is tuned right. If you think its faulty change it for a factory one. The more stuff you change, the more things you have to troubleshoot.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

^^ well said.

isnt it can overheat more as well? since the coolant is never pooled in the rad it wont have enough time to cool?
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

Good Point, I Have Done So Many Mods All At Once , It Has Been A Pain To Diag. Most Of The Items. All Most Done. Just Bought E-manage Blue With All Harness And Found My Last Leak . And Need To Replace The Afr Sensor And Should Be Ready For A Tune. Thanks For All The Great Ideas. I Will Leave It Till The Tune . Or I Might Just Replace With Factory.
Old 04-05-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skipbarber
take it out, it'll be just like running open loop all the time..
I was gonna be like, you dick, don't tell him that, ahahahaha, although that woulda been kinda funny, lol.

Yeah, everyone has covered it. Blown headgasket will do it everytime. All you guys that are new to boosting need to learn not to beat on your car when it isn't running right.... It costs alot more time money and new motors than you realize.
Old 04-05-2007
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

i thought mine was the thermostat too at first when it started to over heat just a little. but as fate would have it it was the headgasket. i dont want to get you worried but it could be a real possiblity that that is what it is.