Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Double Checking my Turbo Set Up...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civ_nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Double Checking my Turbo Set Up...

Okay i just want to check that i have everythign i need to boost my D17 Non-Vtec in my 05 vic.
Heres my stuff
1. T3 cold = .42, hot = .48

2. FMIC measures 27x6x2.5

3. FMIC piping - 2.5" piping

4. Greddy Emanage - got it for 500$US already dyno tuned for 6/8/10 psi with pnp harness and everything.

5. Turbo Manifold - picture is on bottom of post

6. RSX-S Injectors - got em for 80$US

7. RFL BOV

8. WG - 35mm ajust from 3-20 psi

ummm i think thats everything, i dont think i need a missing link or anything, lemme know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	n2036906_35196878_3567.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	70112   Click image for larger version

Name:	au-ic0036-4.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	70113   Click image for larger version

Name:	t33pcset37.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	70114  

Last edited by civ_nate; 03-15-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
You still need gauges, oil lines/fittings, vacuum manifold (optional), downpipe, dumptube (optional if external wastegate), and custom exhaust to mate up to downpipe.
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
You still need gauges, oil lines/fittings, vacuum manifold (optional), downpipe, dumptube (optional if external wastegate), and custom exhaust to mate up to downpipe.
yeps, im still looking for boost and OP guage with some sort of pod set up.... in regards to oil lines, im using brake line for it, and for downpipe and exhaust im buying exhaust piping, and making one... i still need a cat
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

but the above set up will work, and likely quite well?
Old 03-15-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Looks like an ebay special.... start saving for some real parts,. and you got ripped off on the emanage, because it can only hold one map at a time, not 3, and you'll have to retune it to your car anyways.
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

it can only hold one at a time, but that doesnt mean he can have the other 2 on his computer to give me, and why would i need to tune it again if its already dynoed for a d17 non-vtec same as mine?
and yes it may be a ebay special but its a special for real parts, that a turbo xs BOV and garrett T3, the only thing that isnt is my WG is no name but tial style and my FMIC is unknown
Old 03-15-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
because your motor isnt his motor. They dont run the same, and the programming gets modified over time as honda perfects it. You need to retune it to the resistances of all the sensors your car is reading, the flow of your injectors which will vary slightly from his, the compression of the motor, and so on. Its the transfer of "theoretically the same" to "Actually no where close to the same". All thats stuff complied will throw a tune off A LOT.
Retune it. Look around at all the people who have ****ed up motors on basemaps.

Thats sure as hell doesnt look like a garrett snail to me...

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-15-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

hmmm, so i can run this as a really good basemap liekly and tune as i go id imagine right?
and no ur right, its not a garrett shell, but the internals are garrett i beleive
Old 03-15-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Assuming you know how to tune it, but its far easier to shell out 150 bucks throw the car on a dyno and have it done right.

I've never seen a garrett turbo without garrett housings. its either a garrett. or some putz blew up a taiwan Inc turbo and had garrett guts put in it afterwards, but then it wouldnt look new.
Old 03-15-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Looks like an ebay special.... start saving for some real parts,. and you got ripped off on the emanage, because it can only hold one map at a time, not 3, and you'll have to retune it to your car anyways.
Not quite how it works. If you have the pressure sensor, it will read the boost. You have set values on the emanage for engine load vs engine speed. You can tune for any psi your wastegate will hold, it doesn't require different maps.

But, your other point about different engines and setups is totally accurate. Different turbos, different temps, different atmospheric pressures, humidity, etc, and of course, the biggest factor is going to be the fact that you're running different parts, ie: turbo, intercooler, pipes, etc.
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

i do ave sum1 who si pretty good at tuning, he uses a wide band, he can tune so i dont think it should be too far off form mine so we should be able to fine tune it
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

Re: Double Checking my Turbo Set Up...

I wanna start by thanking everyone who helped me so far with this... secondly i wanna say i kinda went a different route..... bought a new turbo, rfl BOV and external w/g.... now the question i have is the FMIC i bought measures 28x8x3.5, now i pretty sure the 28x8 will work since the dezod kit measures 26x9 or something like that, the part im ceoncrned with is the 3.5" think.... is thier much room thier? i havent removed my bumper yet....
Old 03-22-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

You can make it work.
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

of course, anyone on here running such a size fmic?
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

gonna have to do some trimming of the front bumper dude....
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

im going to use my secret powers to read into the future......

i see, could it be, yes it is...

a blown motor