Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My Turbo Kit for My (D17A1)!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
like stated above it has nothing to do with the price. its the quality of parts. if ytou buy things twice its costs twice as much. its common sense and math. if you buy 2 turbos in 1yr you just spent too much money. it would be better to use mitsu turbos and have them rebuilt. or for the gamble that your taking just get a used mitsu turbo, you would be taking the same gamble. the wastegate. WOW that is all i will say. the wastegate is what determines boost pressure. if you have an unsteady pressure it leads to spikes which could cause premature failure. people who try to cut corners always end up behind the pack. if you get somehting expensive for cheap there is a reason for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
most obx stuff is horrible. my advice is if it can cause engine failure and obx makes it, dont use it!!!
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

mr.rowdy is an unknown quantity at this point
Well im not going to knock you.. just going to say good luck
Old 01-17-2007
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
get something beside the safc, like emanage. they go about 150-200. go to rsx forum most of them sell it cheap / ebay.
Old 01-17-2007
Banned

2k7civicSI is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah good luck with this you're gonna blow your car to peices and the kit
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

BigE19 has a spectacular aura aboutBigE19 has a spectacular aura about
My friend is running the same manifold. No problems yet. 35000kms. We welded over the top of the stock welds for an extra procaution. I dont think the piping is going to work though..theres going to be some extra cutting and welding. Not too bad $750 hope all works out.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
hella lame....BOOM!
Old 01-18-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
I bought myself a new turbo too. What do you guys think?

Ill be fabricating all my tubes and intercooler of course. Hoping to boost about 10psi or so.
Old 01-18-2007
Banned

2k7civicSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by spoonEM

Ill be fabricating all my tubes and intercooler of course. Hoping to boost about 10psi or so.
i think i would prefer to turbo my car with this then that ebay kit..
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light

I think its going to perfect for the little d17. it should spook fast, fool boost by 3k.
two and REP.

Rep is for exploration of new avenues for boost. Nawda days I thing egay kits are expencive. If I talk to my boyzz I think we can boost on "10 cents" or even on my "2 cents" if we can!
It gotta be a roket! Wish me luck!

Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

grn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^^^LOL that is great.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

grn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
The 750 dollar turbo set up will make your life a living HELL
Old 01-18-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
hahaha........wat a disastrous thread....hahaha

well, i sure hope it works for the best for you.......

who knows, mabee it'll turn out to be a decent turbo.....either that or you'll learn after $750+tuning that you should do things right the first time (personal experience)

and guys, i think uve guys made a point about this being a "ebay shitty gay kit" so lets leave the poor guy alone....im reading this and thinking...

"damn poor guy, hes all happy n stuff n then u guys shatter him....kinda sad, but it went a lil too far.....haha"

if the kit works...more power to you.....and if and when it breaks down........ POST IT UP so we can see it.....so other [new] memebers will know not to make the mistake....

**** im late for class....
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=sl33pyriceboi;4130889]hahaha........wat a disastrous thread....hahaha

who knows, mabee it'll turn out to be a decent turbo.....either that or you'll learn after $750+tuning that you should do things right the first time (personal experience)

and guys, i think uve guys made a point about this being a "ebay shitty gay kit" so lets leave the poor guy alone....im reading this and thinking...

"damn poor guy, hes all happy n stuff n then u guys shatter him....kinda sad, but it went a lil too far.....haha"

if the kit works...more power to you.....and if and when it breaks down........ POST IT UP so we can see it.....so other [new] memebers will know not to make the mistake....

what he said.
Old 01-18-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
ok...ill stop now.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
yeah $750 is alot of money...but who knows if how it will turn out...

these guys speak from the experience...poor guy...
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
The mans trying though. I mean, it might not have been the smartest route to boost, but he's trying.
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Devani
yeah $750 is alot of money...but who knows if how it will turn out...

these guys speak from the experience...poor guy...

for what??i cant go back and read that else was posted for some reason.
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=ronaldo9;4130949]
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hahaha........wat a disastrous thread....hahaha

what he said.

I was refering to this...that he got the message from all of you...
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by exturbo6
for what??i cant go back and read that else was posted for some reason.
This is a quick summary of what's happened on the previous pages: A member, geRman, bought a "turbo kit" ebay style, wanted to know other members opinoin, after getting several mixed replies, this member keeps silent....

Rignt now, all members are in the anticipation of what will happen next , but as we all know, we probably will never find out!

This definately doesnt look like a sequel.

Hope it helps you.
Old 01-19-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

ibtl!!!
Old 01-19-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
ibtl!!!
nah........i hope this thread keeps open.....just for future ref and updates...so....PLEASE UPDATE US GeRMAN (sp?)
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
This can't be locked yet bc I wanna know the outcome of this guys kit.
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
you mean months from now when he posts to say he never completed the project???
Old 01-19-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well, the guy isnt even posting in this thread anymore, and I doubt he'll give us any updates. I say lock it.
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

Well before the lock I'd like to say I'll be going for another dyno run next week with the stage 2 n/a cam. I made terrible numbers the first time (107whp) due to a very shitty tune. I believe too much fuel was pulled which retarded my timing. Also, my valves were not adjusted to spec. I hope to get close to djmota's numbers this time around. I'll be running a different setup hp header with the test pipe so no more cat converter. Updates to come.

Last edited by ronaldo9; 01-19-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-19-2007
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Indeed. Let's keep the whoring to a minimum until he comes back with results (which probably won't be for a while).
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, well the guy said that he'll buy rsx-s injectors off of me, but havent heard from him yet today. He said he was going to pay today so i can ship it out. I guess he doesn't want them as bad.
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
thanks everyone!!! i hope it does work...good luck on it!

yeab i learned the wront way..lol but now im starting fresh back to stock a while ago sold my first turbo kit and now im on to it again but full build on a spare motor. should be done by next year, just waiting on some things to be made.

anyways, good luck man! hope it all works out for ya!
Old 01-19-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well before the lock I'd like to say I'll be going for another dyno run next week with the stage 2 n/a cam. I made terrible numbers the first time (107whp) due to a very shitty tune. I believe too much fuel was pulled which retarded my timing. Also, my valves were not adjusted to spec. I hope to get close to djmota's numbers this time around. I'll be running a different setup hp header with the test pipe so no more cat converter. Updates to come.
Those are some big shoes to fill. lol. Oscar has an awesome setup.

Quick Reply: My Turbo Kit for My (D17A1)!!