Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My Turbo Kit for My (D17A1)!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geRman is an unknown quantity at this point
My Turbo Kit for My (D17A1)!!

hi....i just want to show you my turbo kit, im verry happy with this!! ....in the next weekend i will install in my car!!...what do you think guys?!!

Note: for engine management i will instal a APEXi SAFC and RSX-S injectors!!......@ 6 psi!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Imagen 001.jpg
Views:	2623
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	69304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Imagen 003.jpg
Views:	1753
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	69305  
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

jdm_es2 is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of kit is that? Sidemount intercooler and equal length manifold? nice find man!
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

-T3/T4 - Turbocharger
-Manifold
-38 mm - Wastegate
-Saab - Side Mount Intercooler
-Charges Pipes came out from a volvo turbo and a DSM.
-Type RS - Blow Off Valve
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
nice. just watch out for heat soak with that SMIC. in the winter it will be fine but as soon as it hits summer...
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

ian01ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems like you could rig somthing up to direct more airflow to it... hmmm.. Anywho good luck with it. I'm jelous hehe.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
can you give more details on the turbo, like what brand?
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough
all ur using is a safc? damn

what brand is this and where did u get it?? how much?
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough
where did u get all the parts from? online?
Old 01-16-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
That looks like one of ebay's finest. Hope you got some money to replace the manifold and the turbo again.
Old 01-16-2007
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
manifold looks like an obx dont it? anyways that manifold will crack on you in no time I believe.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Manifold is definately from ebay, turbo seems too.
Good luck with your set up!
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Is that intercooler really cooling anything. I'm not knocking your turbo at least not yet. I'm really curious to see how it drives after you install it and if the parts even fit. Please keep us updated good or bad.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
That looks like one of ebay's finest. Hope you got some money to replace the manifold and the turbo again.
my thoughts exactly...

sidemounts are alright, its not gonna get as much flow over there, but they work on low boost cars...
Old 01-16-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah for sure ebay. That manifold is gonna crack eventually you know this right?
Old 01-16-2007
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
good luck with that manifold the rest is a good start
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
ebayyyyy y0! lol
Old 01-16-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
How much did that setup cost you? Hopefully you didnt pay too much..
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, totally E-Gay. Just curious how much did you spend on that kit?
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of turbo? yea deff get a new mani.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

mmm i spend like 750 aprox ....im not sure!!....but after a while im gonna replace that manifold with the manifold of dezod!!....(when i have money )....but for the moment thats gonna be my turbo!! to have a little of fun
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Just be careful with that fuel system bro. You saved alot of money on that kit... but spend the money taking it to a good tuner.
Old 01-16-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I'd say you just bought a $750 side mount IC. Cuz the manifold will crack in 2 weeks, there is no downpipe, none of those "charge pipes" are gonna fit, the turbo, if it doesnt leak from the get go, will in no time flat (use an oil restrictor to try and prolong it) and I wouldnt trust a no name wastegate to hold 1 psi. Running all that junk with an SAFC that has no pressure reference is gonna be a disaster. Tuning boost of throttle position is going to be miserable for whoever has to try and make it run right.

Why the hell didnt you just buy good **** from the start? You change the manifold, it moves the turbo, move the turbo you need a new downpipe, a new intercooler hot pipe and a new dump tube.
Old 01-16-2007
Registered!!

Im gonna put a custom downpipe, in the picture you can see the flange to do that, and i dont understand why you say that the pipping will doesnt fit, i can cut them to do that, they are from a volvo turbo and dsm, and the wastegate i know that they have no brand, but my friend have one in his integra 97 and they work really good.....actually they have almost the same turbo kit and they work good..
Old 01-16-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

You have a scattered pile of pipes there, half plastic and half what looks to be aluminum, none of which actually continue in the same direction for more that what looks to be a few inches. You cant cut the plastic ones... since the end of it actually serves to keep it stiff and hold the clamp on (since plastic is slick enough that boost would launch a pipe right out of a clamp), and the aluminum ones have stepped ends that actually flare out to accept the coupler. So you cant cut one and butt it to one with a flange since they won't line up with different diameters. What are you planning on doing? Silicone connector every 4"? That doesnt scream boost leak or anything.
Cheap and boost never go together, even still, there's better kits than that on ebay.
You rig it, it'll never work, making some snake of pipes out of a pile of crap won't work, you'll end up with a mess, boost leaks everywhere, and thats even if you can make that pile negotiate around the motor mount, the radiator hose, the battery and transmission then up around the corner to the throttle.
If you trust that taiwanese wastegate, more power to ya. Your only hope is that it blows the fire ring out or jams open, rather than busting the vacuum diaphragm and jamming closed.
Thats honestly just a pile of misc. junk someone must have pulled out of a box somewhere. If you can return it, I would. You should be spending damn near 750 on a turbo alone, not the entire thing.
I dont know any other way to put it than this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Not to really lay it on or anything, but don't say we didnt all warn you. No one's gonna want to hear it in 2 weeks when **** doesnt fit or the motor pops.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-16-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Fool904 is an unknown quantity at this point
install it and let us know man how it works
Old 01-17-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Like he said....i would return it if you still can. Although when youre ready for a new motor, give me a call...Ill be more than glad to swap out the motor for you.
Old 01-17-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Congratuations on buying a $750 pile of headaches
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by geRman
Im gonna put a custom downpipe, in the picture you can see the flange to do that, and i dont understand why you say that the pipping will doesnt fit, i can cut them to do that, they are from a volvo turbo and dsm, and the wastegate i know that they have no brand, but my friend have one in his integra 97 and they work really good.....actually they have almost the same turbo kit and they work good..

Dont listen to all the anti-obx bandwagoners. I have a friend with an OBX set up and pushing 400+ whp and has put over 20000 miles on the 300$ turbo and 150$ manifold. But i do agree that that intercooler piping most likely will not work. Good luck
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

aaaah finally!!, a good comment!!, thanks for that information bro!!....my car only will be running like 180 hp!!...i think that the manifold they will work!!
Old 01-17-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Originally Posted by Logan3024
Dont listen to all the anti-obx bandwagoners. I have a friend with an OBX set up and pushing 400+ whp and has put over 20000 miles on the 300$ turbo and 150$ manifold. But i do agree that that intercooler piping most likely will not work. Good luck
Its not "anti-OBX bandwagoners". More like "stop being a cheap *** and get stuff that will last" bandwagoners.

Quick Reply: My Turbo Kit for My (D17A1)!!