Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006
05 civic lx

turbo question

hey, i was wondering is this a good set-up for turbo?:

DESCRIPTION: 01-05 CIVIC D17 T3 TURBO KIT

Including following item

-turbo manifold D17 SOHC MOTOR

-38 mm wastegate

-godspeed SPEC A INTERCOOLER (25X6.5X3" CORE SIZE)

-t3 stage 3 turbo

-ssqv blow off valve

-oil line

-universal 2.5" aluminum intercooler piping with silicone

T3 T4 TURBO SPEC:

45 trim

2.36 inlet diameter

2" outlet

1/8 npt oil inlet

t3 flange

.42 ar compressor

.48 ar tubrine

wet float bearing

what else would i need to make this work..a emanage (i thought emange said manual only)? i have automatic, so if any of u turbo auto's have suggestions im open
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
These sounds like one of those ebay turbo kits? Besides all that hardware you def want some fuel management. Emanage will work but larger injectors you'll need for sure unless you're going to do like a TSI fuel system.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
dezod v3 kit ftw
Old 11-19-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
That reeks of egay, which is a major no no.
Old 11-19-2006
05 civic lx

yeah...i want the dezod kit, but its just way too much for me, just seeing if there was a another option or just save up
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well you should save up, or if you want it now make a custom kit. Although you will have a bunch of headaches going that route. Best way to go is save up for Dezod's kit and not go the ebay route.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
You can go TSI, and there are at least 5 ppl on here selling turbo kits for under 2K.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Or that buy a used kit like what Ronaldo said.
Old 11-19-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
lowest used kit i saw was like $1300..
Old 11-19-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 05 civic lx
yeah...i want the dezod kit, but its just way too much for me, just seeing if there was a another option or just save up
Its a matter of what you can cheap out on, and what you need to spend money on. If you're short on cash, then pick up an HKS manifold, a rebuilt, internally gated Garrett T25, a VW BOV, Johnny Racecar IC (or a used one) (all of that would prolly cost you less than 1K). Find someone who can weld, get a pile of piping and get to work. You cant cheap out on the management, at least get an e-manage, and definitely don't try to run anything that flows less than RSX injectors. Do it all right, and it'll run and you can DIY it for pretty cheap. If you have help on the labor, the parts should comeout well under 2K.
BUT, nothing turbo is cheap. Down the line, plan on a head gasket, clutch, maybe a full rebuild, a tranny rebuild, etc.....
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
very good info boiler as always. i guess if you really want to get that kit you can get that kit just ditch the manifold, the manifold is garbage it will crack/break on you in a matter of days. my friend is running en ebay turbo set up like that with a nice manifold and it works pretty good. just know that you get what you pay for. i have learned that the hard way, buying cheap stuff having it break then buying expensive stuff to replace it. ended up paying twice on something where i could have bought once and got it over with. bottom line is dont cheap your self out too much or you will end up regretting it at the end
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

tknaub is an unknown quantity at this point
::smacks 05 civic lx:: How dare you? here man i got a 2005 civic lx and i bought this 1 but i have to wait until mid summer to install it b/c of money but to to www.procivic.com and look at the turbo there......nuff said
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

civic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura about
i was thinking fo the same exact thing. to get an ebay one but i do think those are crap and will break. some gonna just buy separate parts. and make my own turbo kit. this wont be for another 2-3 years. haha
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
that extreme turbo kit in that site you mentioned looks pretty good. thinking about buying one later. im guessing you bought the extreme turbo kit?

Originally Posted by tknaub
::smacks 05 civic lx:: How dare you? here man i got a 2005 civic lx and i bought this 1 but i have to wait until mid summer to install it b/c of money but to to www.procivic.com and look at the turbo there......nuff said
Old 11-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Let me know if I can be of any advice or information on putting a kit together or getting ours.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

^^^ yea i sent you PM about turboes. whats the cheapest and safest turbo kit you got for the d17a2? and also you mentioned about the 50 dollar trans. cooler. wouldnt it be better to get the best one? meaning the more expensive one?
Old 11-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
^^^ yea i sent you PM about turboes. whats the cheapest and safest turbo kit you got for the d17a2? and also you mentioned about the 50 dollar trans. cooler. wouldnt it be better to get the best one? meaning the more expensive one?
Our base kit, or if you have some misc parts already parts from our DIY kit. Call me if need be to get a full kit minus parts you already have.

With respect to the cooler, space becomes the hardest thing to battle. Some of the more expensive ones are larger and become harder to fit. So, in this case, the smaller cheaper one works fine.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

ohh...so the cheapo one will work just fine then right? and also i dont have anything that even deals with a turbo kit right now so i would probably order everything i need to make the turbo run smoothly.
Old 11-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

ohh...so the cheapo one will work just fine then right? and also i dont have anything that even deals with a turbo kit right now so i would probably order everything i need to make the turbo run smoothly.
Yes sir. I drove many of cars & trucks with the cheap coolers and they held up fine.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

ohh..good stuff. i think im gonna be buying a cooler and a FMIC from a member of this forum. if i buy a kit from your site, you can take out the cooler and the FMIC right?
Old 11-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

ohh..good stuff. i think im gonna be buying a cooler and a FMIC from a member of this forum. if i buy a kit from your site, you can take out the cooler and the FMIC right?
Make sure it is a same sided I/C like our V3 is otherwsie you will have issues.

We do not include a tranny cooler, so that is fine.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

would the spearco intercooler work?

oh and also, since i have an auto, is it safe to run a t3 turbo?

Last edited by se7engen_riDe; 11-21-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

would the spearco intercooler work?

oh and also, since i have an auto, is it safe to run a t3 turbo?
No the Spearco would not work unless it has inlets and outlets on the same side.

With respect to the turbo, for sure. Our kit produced monster power on just 5 PSI!! 170whp!

Ask wilmnchris how an auto is with our kit.
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

Any dyno results for the manual yet? Tons of ppl purchased this kit where are the dynos results or even videos? lol
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
No the Spearco would not work unless it has inlets and outlets on the same side.

With respect to the turbo, for sure. Our kit produced monster power on just 5 PSI!! 170whp!

Ask wilmnchris how an auto is with our kit.
those are some pretty good numbers. how many psi can go up to safely with an auto?
Old 11-22-2006
7thgen Power Maker

those are some pretty good numbers. how many psi can go up to safely with an auto?
I noticed slippage on it above 170ft/lbs of TQ or so.
Old 11-22-2006
Registered!!

is it safe to go up to 7 psi?
Old 11-22-2006
7thgen Power Maker

is it safe to go up to 7 psi?
7PSI on a hair dryer? 7 PSI on a T25? 7 PSI on a T3/T4 57 trim? 7 PSI on a GT61?

My point is 7 PSI on each of those turbos is different because of the flow rate of them. Understand? Think in terms of power levels and/or flow rates...not PSI
Old 11-22-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
7PSI on a hair dryer?
that's wayyy to much power
Old 11-22-2006
Registered!!

7PSI on a hair dryer? 7 PSI on a T25? 7 PSI on a T3/T4 57 trim? 7 PSI on a GT61?

My point is 7 PSI on each of those turbos is different because of the flow rate of them. Understand? Think in terms of power levels and/or flow rates...not PSI
well... i was talking about the t3 turbo since your kit says that it comes with a t3/t4 turbo?

Quick Reply: turbo question