Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Intercooler pipping size???

Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Intercooler pipping size???

Last year i got the TSI kit and now i'm upgrading some stuff including my intercooler pipping. now with the kit, it comes with 2.25" pipes. now i'm wondering if i could go with 2.5" pipping without hurting power nor spooling?
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

lovinthevtec is an unknown quantity at this point
i run 2.5 in my custom built kit without any spool issue

its approx the same size as your t/b

Last edited by lovinthevtec; 10-30-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

But with a T25???
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

sorry my bad..i gapped that the tsi is a t25

2.25 will be fine, the upgrade at this point is not worth the money
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

Money is not a problem and i'm doing it myself over the winter.... so lots of time... i just hope it wont rob power
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

im running a mid t3 and have not had any issue with spool or power loss...under full boost by 3200 rpm

but im not certain on a t25...what trim are those?
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

i believe its .42... but not sure
Old 10-30-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
upgrading to .5" bigger wont make a difference. stick with what you got, put your motivation to other parts of the system to make them better. don't fix it if it aint broke.
Old 10-30-2006
Registered!!

well actualy i have a hole on the piece that leaves the turbo. i guess it kept hitting the motor mount.... your best bet is to fix that?
Old 10-30-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
uh yeah fix that, get another one but then its kinda hard to mock that up without having it on the car.. goodluck
Old 10-30-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Smaller pipes = faster spool
Bigger pipes will move more air, but with a smallish turbo, no need. I'm running 2" to the IC, then 2.25 out.
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
tsi kit comes with 2" pipes...sorry...and they are fine for the t25...why upgrade?
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

so my best bet is to stay with what i have!
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you just do what boilermaker did and have 2 inch piping to the IC and bigger piping after the intercooler. Perhaps you can even reroute your piping similar to dezods to enhance the flow. I know azchnchinksta (don't know if I spelled that right) rerouted his piping with his tsi kit. He's from Florida and he has a thread about it too. Just something to consider.
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by boostedEL
Last year i got the TSI kit and now i'm upgrading some stuff including my intercooler pipping. now with the kit, it comes with 2.25" pipes. now i'm wondering if i could go with 2.5" pipping without hurting power nor spooling?
No need for you to upgrade piping or intercooler. It is a waste of resources. Piping and i-cooler big enough to handle way more power than stock d17 can handle. Just fix that little hole that you have.
Just concentrate your resources on bigger a turbo (t28 max), more advanced fuel system (AEM), clutch and .....more...

Have you thought of updraging to t28 turbo?
It should fit well with TSI mani and all piping, TSI desinged this kit to accomodate t25 or t28. You'll probably get extra 10-15% more power at the 7psi.
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

Actually thats one of the thing i did consider but first i wanna go with biger injectors and better fuel management like e-manage or the PCS XFC. i wont investe in EMS cuz i'm not gonna do a reduilt.....well for now that is.....
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Actually thats one of the thing i did consider but first i wanna go with biger injectors and better fuel management like e-manage or the PCS XFC. i wont investe in EMS cuz i'm not gonna do a reduilt.....well for now that is.....
You have TSI fuel system now? Stay with that. Emanage wont give you anymore power, but more headaches - thats for sure.
PCS is a good choice, but all in all its somewhere beetween TSI unit and emanage.

All these 3 fuel systems have their adavantages and disadvantages, but none of them I can say worth trading for another one. What they do and results you get is very similar, they are even in the same price brucket (PCS $500, emanage w/injectors & PnP harness ~$400, TSI box $400). Not worth trading one for another, unless you're bored.

Just what you have and to get AEM, will give you around 10-15% more power, if not more. Tuning abilities with AEM are unlimited so to speak.
Old 11-01-2006
Registered!!

The reason i dont like the TSI injector controler is that u cant see your fuel maps. and the fact that you use 2 extra injectors. no performance shop in ottawa likes that set-up.
Old 11-01-2006
Registered!!

The reason i dont like the TSI injector controler is that u cant see your fuel maps. and the fact that you use 2 extra injectors. no performance shop in ottawa likes that set-up.
Why would you care if someone in Ottawa doesnt like your set up? Come to Toronto than, we like it here.

Why would you need to see fuel maps for?

As long as it runs nice for you, thats all that there is to that.

The choice is yours, of course.
Old 11-01-2006
Registered!!

My best friend who owned this kit before i did went through 2 motors and it was installed by a shop so i'm a little worried about that. i dont feel like buying a new motor now.
Old 11-01-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm stating the obvious but it's all about tuning man. One guy can blow his headgasket on 5 pounds when Andyman for example has been boosted on a stock headgasket and he's pushing 10+ psi. 03-Acura-EL has been boosted for this long with almost no issues. Everyone's car is different so don't be concerned if ur friend blew up his car that you will. It will be a possibility but if you're tuned properly and the components are working like they're should you should have no issues.
Old 11-02-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man... would it be okay if i saw your setup in your ride sometime??? i'm in the ottawa area and i'm looking to get the tsi kit but with the t-28 ball bearing turbo instead of the t-25... would love to get a ride in that bad boy...
Old 11-05-2006
Registered!!

hey i dont mind but my car in parked for the winter and its in pieces for some fixes but anytime when i put it back on the road. For sure we'll go out for a rip.