Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Everybody run!!! I have a plan...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
I want a head too!!! Yeah, dry sump.....um .......nope, hehe, way too much work for an already dependable oiling system.

PS Dezod I didnt call ya but I thing am just gunna use those parts for myself.
Old 09-26-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
dam boiler, at it again? make sure you bring it to some meets
Old 09-26-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
I want a head too!!! Yeah, dry sump.....um .......nope, hehe, way too much work for an already dependable oiling system.

PS Dezod I didnt call ya but I thing am just gunna use those parts for myself.
What parts Jerry?
Old 09-26-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Dry sump free up about 15hp.. hummm and have a better oil system (as long as you hook it up correctly).. i dont know ide say its worth it! Plus then you can safely run and oil cooler to help protect your engine, with a steady psi of oil pressure.
Old 09-27-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
The for that IM that I PMed ya about.

Transformed its quite a bit of time and money to set up a dry sump system, custom oil pan or at least descent mods to the stock one, not to mention the pump alone probably costs $700+ alone. Then you have the tank, plumbing, add a custom gilmer drive gear and belt. And then your still not even close to being done.Im not saying its not a a cool idea but probably $2K+ for your 15hp and changing something that already works damn good. Nah def not worth it. Use good oil, add a pound or two of boost and call it a day, you can still put a nice oil cooler setup on the stock config.