Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod does it again....(V3 results are in w/ DYNO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006
Life is better with 5lug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
that's amazing...almost worth keeping the auto...
Old 07-31-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by trurace
Does he have an EX? It would be nice for the turbo to spool at 2700k, the Vtec to kick in at 3500, and full boost at 4000k!!!!!!!!! I can't for my turbo
Yes he does have an EX.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
I should be gettin this V3 kit sometime in spet cuz my b-day is on the 9th and im havein a grad party so i should have enought $ with that and my job .. Cant w8!! close to 200whp on 5psi!
Old 07-31-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
I should be gettin this V3 kit sometime in spet cuz my b-day is on the 9th and im havein a grad party so i should have enought $ with that and my job .. Cant w8!! close to 200whp on 5psi!
Yeah, and by then we hope to have some kits on the shelf. We have lots of components on the shelf already.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Oh when u say on the shelf u mean ready 2 ship right away right?? How long does it take right now to get a kit ready??
Old 08-01-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Oh when u say on the shelf u mean ready 2 ship right away right?? How long does it take right now to get a kit ready??
Correct. Right now we are waiting on the turbos to come in, intercooler core material and manifold materials. All hold ups on suppliers.

dyno posted!!!

Last edited by dezod; 08-01-2006 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Just need to get someone with a 5speed 2 get this ki and dyno it. I would like 2 be the first but dont think it will happen.......
Old 08-01-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Just need to get someone with a 5speed 2 get this ki and dyno it. I would like 2 be the first but dont think it will happen.......
If your ready, we can make it happen.
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

I know u can but Im not ready yet .. Still savein some $ and tryin 2 decide what to do JDM k20a vs D17 turbo... lol
Old 08-01-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
JDM K20a huh? What about the USDM K20a?
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dezod
If your ready, we can make it happen.

well i'm ready if he's not. you guys should uhh loan me a kit so i can test it out on my 5speed.
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
JDM K20a huh? What about the USDM K20a?
Ifs its not JDM its not Honda thats why!! lol j/k. Whats the diff between the JDM and the USDM? And what car does it come in?
Old 08-01-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by R3DL1N3
well i'm ready if he's not. you guys should uhh loan me a kit so i can test it out on my 5speed.

Cost of the loan is $3200
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

hey ill pay $3,200 to loan the kit and see what #'s it puts down then in like 1 month send it back and get my $3,200 loan back hahah
Old 08-01-2006
7thgen Power Maker

hey ill pay $3,200 to loan the kit and see what #'s it puts down then in like 1 month send it back and get my $3,200 loan back hahah
Then we get a used kit that we can not sell? No, that's ok.
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
That turbo is clearly WAY to laggy for an auto. Making below 100 whp below 4000 rpm and peak torque at 5100 rpm?! What are the specs on that T3 you sell? What ever it is, its a little to big on the exhaust side.

Again, not trying to hate, just trying to offer some constructive criticism
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Then we get a used kit that we can not sell? No, that's ok.
haha i bet u could see it.. but yah u know i was j/k thats not how it works.
Old 08-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Logan3024
That turbo is clearly WAY to laggy for an auto. Making below 100 whp below 4000 rpm and peak torque at 5100 rpm?! What are the specs on that T3 you sell? What ever it is, its a little to big on the exhaust side.

Again, not trying to hate, just trying to offer some constructive criticism
Beleive it or not the turbine A/R is VERY small as it is, but the gearing on the autos makes it some what of a tough candidate to get a good balance in power.
Old 08-02-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yall should make a t25 footprint mani
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
which turbo comes in the kit? Garret t3/t4?
Old 08-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by trurace
which turbo comes in the kit? Garret t3/t4?
A special blend with SPA Housings and Garrett wheels.
Old 08-02-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
wow really nice numbers yet again for you guys. your making a d17 a better engine.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Beleive it or not the turbine A/R is VERY small as it is, but the gearing on the autos makes it some what of a tough candidate to get a good balance in power.
I disagree, To get a good balance in power, a proper sized turbo has to be choosen. Since your specs are a "secret" im guessing that thats a t3/t4 which is much more top end oriented. On an auto you want power off the line and good midrange...........Which is why a t25/t28 would be much more streetable.

Tnaff's GT28 dyno, notice the rediculous spool time and top end does not suffer!

Old 08-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Logan3024
I disagree, To get a good balance in power, a proper sized turbo has to be choosen. Since your specs are a "secret" im guessing that thats a t3/t4 which is much more top end oriented. On an auto you want power off the line and good midrange...........Which is why a t25/t28 would be much more streetable.

Tnaff's GT28 dyno, notice the rediculous spool time and top end does not suffer!

To each their own. No RPM plot?

BTW, too much TQ on an auto down low makes for tranny soup VERY quickly. These trannys seem to hold upper mid-range and top end power better without slip. They are not too much of fans of down low power.

Furthermore, more power on less boost seems to be the EMO of all of the 100s of 7thgens I have boosted personally. Everyone wants BIG mid range and top end power on less PSI for bragging rights or so. Everyone from the V2 more or less said that at one point.

One last note: If a person who has an auto wanted power off of the line, a 5 speed would have been a better choice and/or another car. 7thgens are not noted to be great 'off the line' cars. Give me a 5 speed and our kit, I will disprove this theory.

Last edited by dezod; 08-20-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2006
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
Give me a 5 speed and our kit, I will disprove this theory.
you got your 5 spd right here bro. as soon as i get my check from my school im ordering it. should be anyday now.(waits anxoiusly) then ill just need my rsx hks FMIC, piping and all the fun stuff like aem ems, etc.

brads been buggin me everyday saying "order it man" over and over.

Last edited by 1siksivik; 08-02-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2006

Yeah, then I realised Dezod dosent take food stamps... Sorry Sim, you're SOL.
Old 08-02-2006
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
ok mr 5 yr plan
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

haha u all are crazy. no matter what dezod makes the best turbo kit for 7th gens and each new one he makes just gets better so hes doin somethin right
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
WOW i have not checked this tread in abit and I see that someone says that a t28/t25 would be better choice for my car. I know a couple of ppl who have a t28 and they do not have much room more HP gain. But to each it own. I rather have a t3/t4 or future apps.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
I think a T28 would be nice on a manual, while still making nice power and spools almost instantly. With our auto a fast spooling turbo might make the tranny slip. A t3/t4 spools a like 4-5k rpm and our tranny holds power in the mid range without slipping. Like dezod said too much torque down low would make the tranny "soup" very quick.

IMHO a GT28 BB would out perform a t3/t4.

Quick Reply: Dezod does it again....(V3 results are in w/ DYNO)