Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Question on K20A2 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jonathon.pitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Question on K20A2 Swap

I'm currently in Iraq right now, and have a lowly 01 Civic EX. I havent done anything to the engine yet, because I just bought the car before I deployed. I have looked through the DIY and FAQ about performing this swap, but there are a few things I'm still needing info on. I wanna do this swap while I'm in country, and I was wondering what is a going price for this swap at shop? I'm also looking for the recommended Custom Exhaust, headers, and Air intake that will go on this engine. I've found a few that *should* fit it if I understand everything, but once again, thats why I'm also asking for advice and I'm also looking for the performance value, because I want to push that engine to 250hp to the wheels, and those 3 are the best place to start.

*Support the Military, sleep with a soldier*
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
k20a2 02 Type-s from truehonda.com for 3999 and turbo that (what fits idk research it) ull have 250hp or around that but all of this will cost around 8k-10k if u did ur reading
Old 04-15-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Where you stationed at bro? Army? Af? Marines? lol. 1 post moving on up in the world. So welcome to the world of fantacy! were vissions of k-series swaps dance in everyones head, and turbos and superchargers are being purchased everyday! Its like the land of milk and cookies and you can just drift away! lol. I did my k20A out the door for about 8 but i had some discounts and breaks and other goodies done to my car origanaly. You, being there for like a year. Best bet, save your money think about it. Then if you still want to, do it. By then prices will drop a little more. And you can get parts a little cheeper. But making 250whp. Your looking eaither NA with Cams, Headers, Intake, K-pro, and you can hit it that way. Turbo or even SC! Just know this your about to inbark on a journey that once you go that route you wont get what you put in to the car back. From there on out, its build or bust. And right now CorSportUSA.com has some A2s for pretty cheep. But anyways thats my 2 cents. And Im well into my car. 2 deployments worth lol.
Old 04-15-2006
K-DUB

Touge Whore is an unknown quantity at this point
/\/\/\/\/\ What he said.....
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

Yeah, I know that with the turbo it would cost around 8000-10000. I've read that, I'm talking NA for the start. Yeah a turbo K20a2 would be great, but thats a bit more than I can spend right now. I was just wanting to know which performance intake/exhaust systems you guys would recommend, and how much you think a shop would charge if I send all the parts to them.
BTW, I'm in the Army, stationed outta Ft Hood
Old 04-15-2006

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Aww my old stomping ground! 1CD Aco STB lol. IPS Cams(1200) or *200 w/k-pro*,jackson racing Race header(499), Injen Cold Air Intake(200), K-pro (1000), Titanium retainers (400) right there you just almost bought a turbo set up. Little FyI.
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

****ing awesome. A guy who can relate. I'm a 96 B in 8-10 CAV 4BCT 4ID, best damn Squadron in the Army. I might as well have 19D as a second MOS. Anyways, thanks for the info. You know how it is, I'm getting a divorce when I get back, and moving to Carson. I'll have all the money I'm saving now (cuz it aint going to that bitch) as well as my bonus and I'm willing to spend up to 10Gs on the engine, but no more, and hopefully less if possible. I figured I'd ask guys who know, because I dont claim to be smart on this ****. I'm intel, not a mechanic. Now to find out how much it'll take a shop to do it for.
Old 04-15-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
youll spend under 10k thats including shop charges and all the motor parts.
Old 04-16-2006

Give Brandon a call *from Speedfetish, you can catch him Houston-imports.com (in the speedfetish forum*)when you get back from Iraq. They did mine and my buddie Alos swap. He did an A3 with turbo pushing 300 at the wheels for less than 10G's. Tell Him Glen is sending you down that way. But you give um time they can do anything. But i would suggest spending a little more and getting the EP3 steering rack as well if you get the A3. So you can retain PS. Othwise you can do that with an A2 with out getting the rack.