Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Back from the dyno and....300+ whp

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ccajun4real
very nice numbers, now what are you 1/4 mile times?

Cajun
I was at the track last weekend before the second tune.

1/4 ml was 14.5
boosting 14psi at 290 hp to the wheels.
No nitrous on the intercoler.
And I was carring this

About 200 lbs of stuff.

The new upgardes are 440cc injectors and nitrous for tuned at 310 hp to the wheels with a exaust leak at the manifold.
Once that's fixed I'm sure will be more like 320 or so.
I have not run the 1/4 with that jet.
I'm thinking in the mid to low 13's

Needless to say that my car will not not be a drag racer.
But with that wheight and power and suspension is an excelent road car.
More of a road touring car kindd of like a GT
That's it Civic GT
Old 04-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Haha what was your 60 foot time??? Theres no way you are able to get traction in that thing I'm sure.
Old 04-13-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Hector post the graphs. Also, what was your trap?
Old 04-13-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by scansel912
Haha what was your 60 foot time??? Theres no way you are able to get traction in that thing I'm sure.
You are right traction is a biach.
19" wheels and street tires where sliping all the way till 3th gear
The car swinged from side to side missing the rail for about 4 ft.

I was racing a fully loaded mustang.
He tooked off way ahead of me.
I was to busy controling my car, all I heard was a loud, very loud brumming noise passed me by very quick.

Then, half way through in fourth gear I got withing 2 car lenghts close to him.
Then he had to work hard to get to the end.
Beat me by 2.5 sec
That was my first run ever on a real track.
Lot's to be learn.

Now things that we can do to correct that:
Smaller lighter wheels
Some good drag tires.
Not lounching as hard and work with your traction as you go then hope to make that up down the track.

The AEM EMS offers a tuning program that helps with traction.
I belive it works with timing.
The computer senses when your tires are spining out of control then retards the timing to slow the car down to catch up, then advances the timing to where it suppose to be.
This happens in a fraction of a second.
We tuned that was so I'll hope next time be better.
Old 04-13-2006
MAVS FAN 4EVER

jknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the rough
what did you trap, and what was your 60ft like dezod said???

Props to you btw....how much $$$ do you think you've spent in total on your car if i can ask?
Old 04-13-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
congrats on the 300hp mark man you managed to beat andyman to the mark first
Old 04-13-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
This is sweet now we can officially begin a 300whp club! I can't wait to see mine at 300whp
Old 04-13-2006

Originally Posted by dezod
Hector post the graphs. Also, what was your trap?
I'm looking for the slip.
I wasn't to impress so I didn't care much for it.
Is the first one I got so I'm still learning how to read it.

If I can't find it I'll go back to the track soon then I'll post it.
Old 04-13-2006
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Supermex
You are right traction is a biach.
19" wheels and street tires where sliping all the way till 3th gear
The car swinged from side to side missing the rail for about 4 ft.

I was racing a fully loaded mustang.
He tooked off way ahead of me.
I was to busy controling my car, all I heard was a loud, very loud brumming noise passed me by very quick.

Then, half way through in fourth gear I got withing 2 car lenghts close to him.
Then he had to work hard to get to the end.
Beat me by 2.5 sec
That was my first run ever on a real track.
Lot's to be learn.

Now things that we can do to correct that:
Smaller lighter wheels
Some good drag tires.
Not lounching as hard and work with your traction as you go then hope to make that up down the track.

The AEM EMS offers a tuning program that helps with traction.
I belive it works with timing.
The computer senses when your tires are spining out of control then retards the timing to slow the car down to catch up, then advances the timing to where it suppose to be.
This happens in a fraction of a second.
We tuned that was so I'll hope next time be better.
That should work nicely. Tractio ncontrol is definately my friend, in this car. lol. Im sure once you do that, you will have a LOT better times. It will help so much. You need to figure out a way to get an LSD in there. Thats your biggest need. Sucks they dont have anything. (or didnt when I had my vic). Congrats again, thats a very nice car. nice work!!

Originally Posted by Supermex
I'm looking for the slip.
I wasn't to impress so I didn't care much for it.
Is the first one I got so I'm still learning how to read it.

If I can't find it I'll go back to the track soon then I'll post it.
Go a few times, learn how to get traction.....as much as possible, and than post timeslips. People will just talk crap on here if there is a bad time or something. Your car is hella quick, just gotta learn the traction. Thats whats gonna kill you, until you learn it.

Last edited by 2K1Civic17"Gabe; 04-13-2006 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2006
Registered!!

ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely not a drag race car and that 200 lbs in the trunk and 19s are definitely not optimal. LOL Good HP/Weight ratio but you need some torque even to be effective on the open road. What were the WTQ numbers? Very nice for a Civic...................but I would venture a guess that you could buy a ZO6 for what you have in that car.
Old 04-13-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
The zo6 is like 60k. I seriously doubt there is that much invested in that car....

Anyways, congrats on the numbers. Any dyno charts?
Old 04-13-2006
Registered!!

ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by andyman97
The zo6 is like 60k. I seriously doubt there is that much invested in that car....

Anyways, congrats on the numbers. Any dyno charts?
Actually I was talking about a C5 ZO6. An 02 can be had for around 30k. The C6 ZO6 is more like 70k or higher depending on options and stealer markup. LOL

Cajun
Old 04-13-2006

Money is not the factor.
Is time invested.
I can always get money.

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
That should work nicely. Tractio ncontrol is definately my friend, in this car. lol. Im sure once you do that, you will have a LOT better times. It will help so much. You need to figure out a way to get an LSD in there. Thats your biggest need. Sucks they dont have anything. (or didnt when I had my vic). Congrats again, thats a very nice car. nice work!!

Go a few times, learn how to get traction.....as much as possible, and than post timeslips. People will just talk crap on here if there is a bad time or something. Your car is hella quick, just gotta learn the traction. Thats whats gonna kill you, until you learn it.
Sup Gabe, long time.
I'm working with some ppl about the LSD,
We think that there is one that will work with little modification.
Just need to verify the #'s
I'll work to get the best possible time slip like you say and then post.
Don't realy care about spending time explaining all the numbers

I just wanted to build and own a bad a$$ daily driver with *****.
Is paid for, fully loaded, and can beat all cars in my class and most cars on the road.
I'm good.

Thanks for the props and don't be a stranger.

Last edited by Supermex; 04-13-2006 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, down there in BVL eh Hector BTW have you looked into the Quaife for the 6thgen? I think that's the one that's closest to us.
Old 04-13-2006
i5r
Registered!!

i5r is an unknown quantity at this point
omg fuking crazy!!!! thats all i gotta say !
Old 04-13-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Hector tomorrrrrooowwww lol
Old 04-13-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by swifty2k
Wow..

So many people said that couldnt be done...
if I remember correctly, turboengnr was the first to get over 300 whp on his d17 ... and then blew up his tranny
Old 04-13-2006

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
LOL, down there in BVL eh Hector BTW have you looked into the Quaife for the 6thgen? I think that's the one that's closest to us.
Dude how do you know?
You most be some kindd of guru or something

Well, you are close.
But there is one from an older model that almost works.
I have to go to Hondaland and see all the part #'s then find out if the manufacturer still makes them.

Sorry I didn't call you, but CFT didn't promess me a spot on Monday just told me to show up and then see.

They are proud sponsors now
4 free tuning sesions per year as needed.
they loved the D17 quite unexpected and refreshing they say.
Every one in there thought I had a K20 swap with turbo
till I open the hood
But of course you knew that, you are the guru
Old 04-13-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
^^^^^ You should contact honda tuning or something your car is sick and fast so i bet it could make it. Your 7thgen is one of the nicest i have seen. I love mine and yours because of how nice they look. Props again for the numbers and for having a sweet car
Old 04-13-2006

Haha Hec you kill me I remember when I went there to get dyno'ed they HATED it. They kept telling me what a POS it is and crap. Maybe I'll go visit them again now that you've gone. I seriosuly think they have a problem with me though since I don't speak Spanish, that's why I want to go there with you. So they can affiliate me with ppl with nice cars

BTW, you need to gimmie another ride in that thing. I remember the last one we drove by the lynx bus and everyone was staring at us
Old 04-13-2006
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very cool. I think you have the nicest modified car on here, and you've obviously put in your work for it.. so you deserve it. If you lived closer, I'd surely come out to see it.

Almost time to try & get that car into some more magazines. It's getting a little late in the 7th gen lifetime of popularity, but better late than never to feature a nicely done car. I'm sure some mag would be happy to get it into print.

Last edited by A03; 04-13-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2006

He builds castles at the convention center!!!!
Old 04-13-2006

Haha Hec you kill me I remember when I went there to get dyno'ed they HATED it. They kept telling me what a POS it is and crap. Maybe I'll go visit them again now that you've gone. I seriosuly think they have a problem with me though since I don't speak Spanish, that's why I want to go there with you. So they can affiliate me with ppl with nice cars

BTW, you need to gimmie another ride in that thing. I remember the last one we drove by the lynx bus and everyone was staring at us

So you are the automatic they talk about.
Sorry man, the automatic vic is so hard to tune.
They hated my car the first time I tuned there with e-manage.

They only good with AEM EMS and Motech.
Partial AEM sponsorship requiered that an authorized tuner for my car.

For e-manage tuning contact Darin@highboost.com
He is the shish and uses the dyno at Titan.
Definately the chemestry (spell check plz) has to be there.
May be if you learn spanish

Although I get along well with the Titan dudes and they are as anglo as
Corn flakes
Old 04-13-2006

I can get along with them, WHEN some wants to translate for me I woulden't stay auto anyways and for a high boost application, I'd have to say screw the emanage I'm assuming since they talk about me they make fun of me :*(
Old 04-13-2006

I can get along with them, WHEN some wants to translate for me I woulden't stay auto anyways and for a high boost application, I'd have to say screw the emanage I'm assuming since they talk about me they make fun of me :*(
Na, he mention that they tried and auto and it wasn't working.
That e-manage was made for manual that's all.
Next time you are coming with me, and if you are serious about hooking uo your civic let me know.
I have exta parts like extar bock, FMU . fuel pump etc.we can start a new high compresion block from scratch for all motor automatic.
Thermo cycle the block and no need for slevees.
And tuned with AEM EMS
My parts are free if you pay for all else.

In reality they are not the ppl to go to with e-manage
Old 04-13-2006

Oh, that wasen't me. When I went their they told me they tried an auto also and it went to **** lol. I was going to cop out with an a3... but since you made 300 so close to home, I have you to fall back on for advice now lol. There's a guy selling a damn engine in FL for dirt cheap also... so maybe we should talk. I'd probably just go with the manual swap. Sorry for cluttering your thread.
Old 04-13-2006

Oh, that wasen't me. When I went their they told me they tried an auto also and it went to **** lol. I was going to cop out with an a3... but since you made 300 so close to home, I have you to fall back on for advice now lol. There's a guy selling a damn engine in FL for dirt cheap also... so maybe we should talk. I'd probably just go with the manual swap. Sorry for cluttering your thread.
No prob
PM me later
Old 04-14-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
wow, that is incredible for a d17 man!! awesome job
Old 04-14-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
i never knew a d17 could make so much power lol. hows reliability issues with this car? is it your dd?
Old 04-14-2006
Registered!!

nismostreets21 can only hope to improve
thats awesome...hopefully ill be up there with ya at 16psi by end of winter