Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

BoostED..... Boilermaker Style. (Edited 4/11/06 see page 4)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
i have a feeling that one will get thrown at some point down the road ... speaking from experiance. but as long as you do everything right, they should be easy fixes like mine. cant wait to see more!
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
so can ya make it on the 15th to UMD?
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
So when are you going to produce this kit for us to buy????????????????
Old 04-11-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
Looking good!

I cant wait to see some numbers!
Old 04-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by puidokas
So when are you going to produce this kit for us to buy????????????????
Reading is a great skill.
Line 8 of post 1
Sufficient to say, mine is custom, and there are no plans whatsoever of duplicating it.
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
so can ya make it on the 15th to UMD?
Will keep you posted. I may have to go rip the interior out of a Mustang so it can get roll caged. Not sure on the status of that yet.
Old 04-11-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
lucky
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Reading is a great skill.
Line 8 of post 1

Will keep you posted. I may have to go rip the interior out of a Mustang so it can get roll caged. Not sure on the status of that yet.

alright.
Old 04-12-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
hey thats great! and know waht, i think tha gatorade catch can is ****in pimp hhhahaha i love it.
wanna answer a couple quick questions for me since you just finished the install, im stuck on some vacuum line hooking up.
the line off the bov is that a vacuum source or does it need to be hooked up to a vacuum source? and if so before or after the TB? (if yours has one)
do you have a electronic boost controller ?
Old 04-12-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
wow, congratulations. sleeper beast
Old 04-12-2006
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
"Make Friends with Your Slow" ??????.... haha more like.... "Make Friends with Your Spool"
Old 04-12-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
hey thats great! and know waht, i think tha gatorade catch can is ****in pimp hhhahaha i love it.
wanna answer a couple quick questions for me since you just finished the install, im stuck on some vacuum line hooking up.
the line off the bov is that a vacuum source or does it need to be hooked up to a vacuum source? and if so before or after the TB? (if yours has one)
do you have a electronic boost controller ?
The BOV is connected to the port in the intake manifold where the PCV valve used to be connected.... so that makes it after the TB. You have to hook it up after the TB to a vac source, if its before, when the TB shuts, then the pressure won't drop (it'll actually shoot up) into vaccum and the valve won't open.
I don't have any boost control other than the WG.
Old 04-12-2006

pcv? maybe its diff for yours, mine the pcv is in valve cover and it connected via a hose to the air filter case, which is gone now of course.
Old 04-12-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Ummm, thats not the PCV, thats the valvecover breather. The PCV is on the back of the engine block on the drivers side, and it connects to the side of the IM plenum
Old 04-12-2006

hmmm :looking more into this later:
oh the short hose, it runs like 4 inches from plenum to somethin down there, never really looked.
Old 04-12-2006

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
what size is the DP?
Old 04-13-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
what size is the DP?
2.25'' w/ 1.5" WG dump
Old 04-13-2006
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. I really like the SMI, with very little charge piping. Quickest, easiest route to the IM. I also like the dump tube for the WG. I recently installed a catless DP on my car, has a WG dumptube, unlike the stock. Spools much quicker now, and really gained some nice power. Although I raised the boost about 6 psi as well, lol.

Congrats on the new toy, have a blast!
Old 04-13-2006

damn dude havent seen you on here since i bought the kit off ya lol.
Old 04-14-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

No tuning took place. I dropped the car off at 10, they ****ed around all day, it didn't even get strapped to the dyno until 5, and they close at 7, but said the tuning takes around 4 hrs then they called me to say they can't get their laptop to jive with the e-manage, I asked if they updated the firmware, they hadn't so they tried and couldn't, and the car never got tuned, so they re-scheduled me for wednesday, but I don't think I'm gonna take it back there. I need a new tuner.
I just can't catch a break.
Old 04-14-2006
Registered!!

which shop did you take it to?
Old 04-14-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

I took it to Inline Pro. I'm gonna try calling Ultimate Perf. and Agile Auto to see what their scheduling looks like tomorrow
Old 04-15-2006

are you towing it around or just keeping it out of boost?
Old 04-15-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
niceness...congrats bro!!
Old 04-15-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

are you towing it around or just keeping it out of boost?
Its quasi-tuned... I'm running off someone's dyno tune with a similar enough setup that it runs fine, just a little rich. I try to keep out of it, but sometimes its a little tough to do. The turbo spools at 2000 in 2nd gear with little to no effort.
Getting it tuned in baltimore on tuesday.
Old 04-15-2006

you would be my hero if you sent me the maps for emanage, i need something similiar just to drive it to the dyno shop.
Old 04-16-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
I suppose I better do the thank yous as well... here goes, this may get long.
Luke and Rob, my buddies who slaved over this thing for over 14 hours to get this thing in the car and running.
Phil who let us use his driveway to do it
Tom (Tfnaaf) who gave me his basemap tune for e-manage and give me lots of info about lots of turbo this and that
Dezod who put up with my e-manage n00biness
Edwin (skipbarber) who's been my local "need to boost" online support group for the last few months. Now I gotta get your *** boosted.
And everyone else on here who came up with a valuable answer to some of the dumb questions I thought of over the past 5 months or so. It all works now, so Thanks a lot everyone.

In case anyone is wondering about what all I shoved under there.......
Garrett GT28R w/ a 7psi GT28RS actuator hung on ATP turbo's universal WG bracket
-4 oil feed w/ .035 restrictor
-10 hardline return
-6 water feed lines in series with TB heater return
HKS cast iron manifold, Jet-hotted
Downpipe is custom
intake pipe is custom
compressor housing is semi-custom (Garrett M24 housing w/ 90 degree elbow added to compressor out)
Intercooler is custom
Charge pipes are pretty non-existent.
Bosch/Porsche DV, recirculated into the intake pipe (If you go the Bosch route, make sure you use the PORSCHE valve, the Bosch part number is 0 280 142 108 DO NOT USE THE VW/AUDI/SAAB/VOLVO valve. They look the same from the outside, but only the Porsche one has a brass pent roof diaphragm, the rest have a flat roof rubber diaphragm which leaks under boost.)
PCV eliminated
valve cover vent and PCV are catchcanned w/ slash cut vacuum source in the intake pipe
K series 310 CC injectors
E-manage with all 3 harnesses and the boost sensor
NGK BCPR7ES plugs, gapped to .028
AEM UEGO
Defi-link is still all hooked up
Im glad i could help man and good to see its running. I've been on vaction in carmel california and was not able to check your progress LOOKS GREAT, cant wait to hear your reviews after tune!

you would be my hero if you sent me the maps for emanage, i need something similiar just to drive it to the dyno shop.
I have some maps if you click my signature they are at the bottom of my web page. CAUTION! use at your own risk !

Last edited by tfnaaf; 04-16-2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-16-2006

thanks, but i think ill just look at a few i find and compare and maybe go for something in between, so boiler if u could post it that would be sweet. since i have the emanage with all 3 harnesses and boost sensor too.
Old 04-16-2006
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
god..... i hate Carmel. Dont know why, it just sucked.

anyway, back on topic.....

boiler, do you have a wideband installed? If not, i ordered mine and only paid $240 shipped for it. Lemme know if you want to know where i got it. They had 6 of them in stock and more on the way. Its a 6-in-1 AEM UEGO
Old 04-16-2006
Registered!!

e04241 is an unknown quantity at this point
newbie question about downpipe..
pix1) what plugs into those small holes along the pipe?

pix2) why would there be 2 passageways?

Heres some more of the "creative" but very PITA to make stuff work around downpipe

Old 04-16-2006
DONT PANIC

1. The O2 sensors.

2. because the wastegate routes exhaust gas AROUND the turbo. If all of the exhaust gasses went through the turbo, it would just keep making more and more and more boost until your motor went boom. So the wastegate routes exhaust gas around the turbo to keep it making only the amount of boost you set it for.

Quick Reply: BoostED..... Boilermaker Style. (Edited 4/11/06 see page 4)