Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

BIG Step for the D17

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Old 01-26-2006
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
damnit i already have pistons and rods. need the new goods
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
nice man
Old 01-27-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
subscribing
Old 01-27-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Can we have a brief yet still thourogh description of the manifold? Is it huge plenum, short runners with internal velocity stacks and other cool stuff?
Whats the definition of "far too early to tell" does that mean this stuff is coming in the fall?
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Can we have a brief yet still thourogh description of the manifold? Is it huge plenum, short runners with internal velocity stacks and other cool stuff?
Whats the definition of "far too early to tell" does that mean this stuff is coming in the fall?
4-8 weeks, we should have a unit produced
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
now all we need are transmissions, that can take the HP. Hurry someone work on that one! lol

im so glad im gonna be so deep in debt ill be forced to run and hide in the military.
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Matulin407
now all we need are transmissions, that can take the HP. Hurry someone work on that one! lol

im so glad im gonna be so deep in debt ill be forced to run and hide in the military.
We have an automatic transmission controller, that could turn your auto into a paddle shift or push button shifter. As far as building it up, no help there.
Old 01-27-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dezod
Top Mount TB as of now.
NICE! now you wont lose any potential customers with turbo cus they wont need to get new charge piping.......unless you developed that too, that would be cool (in the case that u made it side mount)

any idea on the size of the TB bore?

edit: also, you said 4-8 weeks for a unit to be produced.....is that when we will be able to purchase it and get it in the mail or just when the prototype will be done?

Last edited by ncirom2003; 01-27-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
NICE! now you wont lose any potential customers with turbo cus they wont need to get new charge piping.......unless you developed that too, that would be cool (in the case that u made it side mount)

any idea on the size of the TB bore?

edit: also, you said 4-8 weeks for a unit to be produced.....is that when we will be able to purchase it and get it in the mail or just when the prototype will be done?
Prototype will be ready in 2-4 weeks. Hopefully a sale item will be ready in 6-8weeks.
Old 01-27-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
I am so excited for all this stuff.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
Praying that these will be available for dx/lx too
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a feeling I'm going to go broke this year. I have a big list of things to get, AEM EMS, return line kit (hopefully dezod can help out with this one, intake manifold, throtle body. I guess I have to do a lot of side jobs this year. Cant wait for this stuff to come out.
Old 01-27-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sil04ver
Praying that these will be available for dx/lx too
Me too , oh God please . I wonder if the Crower Cams fit the DX
Old 01-27-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Dezod, just a suggestion while you're still R&Ding..... threaded bungs for vacuum ports in the IM would be a HUGE help. Kinda like a built in vacuum distribution block.
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Dezod, just a suggestion while you're still R&Ding..... threaded bungs for vacuum ports in the IM would be a HUGE help. Kinda like a built in vacuum distribution block.
Not a bad idea. I will bring it up.
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by boricua_civic
Me too , oh God please . I wonder if the Crower Cams fit the DX
Crower cams will only work on the EX. They are made with VTEC in mind.

All of our parts will be EX/DX/LX universal.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i cant wait to see these pics. i may just get your mani instead of fabbing the GSR mani i have now.
Old 01-27-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
Crower cams will only work on the EX. They are made with VTEC in mind.

All of our parts will be EX/DX/LX universal.
Niiiice!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Glad you guys are stoked. Makes us want to keep going with parts.
Old 01-27-2006

make a blockguard.......
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
Super stoked for these parts, it'll be nice to put a lil bit more pep in my step. Im seriously gonna go broke this year.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
How much for the fuel really any figure? That will fit the EX right? Any pictures?
Old 01-27-2006

will there be extensive R&D and test and tune with these parts or will you just design them based on previous models for other d-series?
Old 01-27-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
holy crap just keeps coming out god damn this is crazy dezod is amazing
Old 01-27-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
This is frakin great. I was just about to try to use a d16y8 IM, now i dont have too. before they go for sale, will you be doing any dyno testing so that we have some idea what we will be buying?

Also, anyone notice that all these new goodies are comin out the same time we are gettin our tax refunds (here in US)?
Old 01-27-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Subscribing to thread.

Can't wait to see these products. I've been planning to get boosted by the end of the summer, and I want to build up my engine as much as my wallet will allow. Now we just need someone to work on our transmissions and axles.
Old 01-27-2006
7thgen Power Maker

The IM will be geared toward forced induction. It will be developed under characterisitics of a turbo D17 in mind with minimal regard to previous D17 IMs.
Old 01-28-2006
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
One question. top or side mounted TB. that all I really need to know.
Old 01-28-2006
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmm...Intrested

Quick Reply: BIG Step for the D17